MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL The driver is crying because the other ones didn't seatbelt him in? He's the driver, if you are driving a car and the passenger isn't seat belted in who is responsible? He has the most charges and besides I thought the cat had his tongue. jmo idk
If you are driving the car and the passenger isn't seat belted in, the driver is only responsible if passenger is a child.

LOL The driver is crying because the other ones didn't seatbelt him in? He's the driver, if you are driving a car and the passenger isn't seat belted in who is responsible? He has the most charges and besides I thought the cat had his tongue. jmo idk

In Mosby's annoucement of charges, she specifically noted that Ofc. Goodson had failed to strap FG in on 5 different occasions. If true, it seems the "strapping duty" was Goodson's. I think Goodson being 45 yo affected the much younger officers, especially 25 yo Porter; they followed his lead & trusted his judgment.

My understanding of daily mail article is that the rules call for arresting officers to belt the suspect in, no the driver.

Ok.. But he knew he wasn't strapped in.
If bothered him so much why not correct it and start him down?
It's a case of that's your job not mine or I don't get paid to do someone else's job JMO

In Mosby's annoucement of charges, she specifically noted that Ofc. Goodson had failed to strap FG in on 5 different occasions. If true, it seems the "strapping duty" was Goodson's. I think Goodson being 45 yo affected the much younger officers, especially 25 yo Porter; they followed his lead & trusted his judgment.

I know what Mosby claims, but what does the rule book say? Driver isn't the one who placed the detainee into the back of the van.

Does anyone know if the other guy was strapped in or not?

I hope the LEO's and their attorneys do their own private autopsy.

from a 2-15-15 article: “All it would take is one incident and we could have a Ferguson-like incident in any part of Maryland,” said Rawlings-Blake, referring to the Missouri town where violence erupted between protestors and police over a white officer’s shooting death of a black teen. “I think it’s important for us to do the work now to try to create a more level playing field and a better opportunity to increase community relations.”

is the mayor referencing a "more level paying field" between residents & l/e? imo this gives some context to the stand down orders.

also - this quote from the same article: Del. Curtis Anderson, D-Baltimore, introduced legislation this week that broadens the scope of disciplinary action for officers and elevates “misconduct in office” to a felony.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/baltimore-mayor-wants-tougher-police-penalties/#comments

Found this an interesting little antidote re: Goodson

The family source said Caesar had only once been reprimanded during his time in the police, after a prisoner escaped from his van on the way to the hospital.

....They blantley falsfied a legal documnment (Linked earler) the knife was described as spring loaded, when in reality it was not....
bbm sbm

Respectfully, CARIIS, do we know what kind of knife it is? IDK.
Or have we just read & heard diffppl say what they think it is?
In presser the other day, St Atty says, knife = not illegal, or knife = legal. Ditto in charging doc (term?).
Some LEOs say, knife = illegal.

MSM pix of THE knife, or ID of knife manuf, name & model #, etc? I've not seen. Anyone?
Does gen pub have enough info to know if FG's possessing that knife was legal or illegal? Not me. You?
We can read MD statute & B'more city ordinance, but without the knife specifics can't tell if legal.

Did either LE or StAtty falsify reports, presser stmts, other docs, by mischaracterizing type of knife? Delib'ly or mistakenly? IDK.
JM2cts.

I know what Mosby claims, but what does the rule book say? Driver isn't the one who placed the detainee into the back of the van.

Mosby and her staff worked closely with the police task force studying/reenacting what happened ... reportedly at least. It's safe to assume someone Mosby trusted used the "rule book" to help her construct the charges, because iirc Mosby worked for an insurance company before she was elected SA and has never tried a case. It's not beyond the realm of possibility imo that SA "It's our time" Mosby doesn't believe in rule books, preferring to rely on her own infallible sense of right and wrong.

from a 2-15-15 article: “All it would take is one incident and we could have a Ferguson-like incident in any part of Maryland,” said Rawlings-Blake, referring to the Missouri town where violence erupted between protestors and police over a white officer’s shooting death of a black teen. “I think it’s important for us to do the work now to try to create a more level playing field and a better opportunity to increase community relations.”

is the mayor referencing a "more level paying field" between residents & l/e? imo this gives some context to the stand down orders.

also - this quote from the same article: Del. Curtis Anderson, D-Baltimore, introduced legislation this week that broadens the scope of disciplinary action for officers and elevates “misconduct in office” to a felony.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/baltimore-mayor-wants-tougher-police-penalties/#comments

It already looks like ferguson to me.
What does she mean by leveling the playing field?

In the context of the article she seems to view police having to wear body cameras as providing a deterrent to their acting badly with community members ... which would "level" the power differential somewhat. Mayor R-B notes that residents deserve their privacy, so officers would have to inform them of the camera's presence and turn it off if they ask them to. ???

In the context of the article she seems to view police having to wear body cameras as providing a deterrent to their acting badly with community members ... which would "level" the power differential somewhat. Mayor R-B notes that residents deserve their privacy, so officers would have to inform them of the camera's presence and turn it off if they ask them to. ???

Then if they turn it off? Gawd!!
What she is asking them to do is just nuts, I can see it now...
Cop is about to do a drug bust and says I'm recording this you want me to turn it off?

This is what I think so far. If someone is being arrested and LE is expected to buckle in an irate person down, LE should be given some sort of mask to be put over the person's head so as NOT to be BITTEN, a real possibly.

Second, the van had a video or audio system [not sure is both] that was NOT WORKING! This is someone's responsibility.....whose? These police should have functioning and maintained equipment that helps them do their job.

I think this whole incident is another excuse to given more money to the inner cities. A previous black major was interviewed that in the 1990's millions were invested in Baltimore's under privileged areas....so we need to figure out why these investments had no positive outcome, BEFORE more money is given. I don't think more money will solve anything. Government can't build character nor parent children. IMO.

And how does a women with 6 children and no fathers support their children. I am a strong supporter of birth control, and for decades Family Planning has been demonized, I think it has to stop. Nowhere am I seeing a dialogue on family planning. People should not have children they can't care for in a responsible manner. ALL my opinion.

When LE is told not to defend themselves and stand there like sitting ducks....I guess mayor was giving criminals free shots. This will not end well.

Bessie, I agree with you, and I will echo what Trident wrote.

I think the biggest frustration with this case, and other similar recent cases, is that the social outrage on both sides has little to nothing to do with the deceased victim, who in each case was also a violent criminal suspect. No one can speak freely, because of the shackles and the muzzle of political correctness-- not just on this board, but in other public arenas-- political correctness that only favors one point of view.

The entire situation is not at all about Freddie Gray, or excessive force by police, IMO, but an opportunistic exploitation of Freddie Gray and the police officers, as a predatory platform for social politics. JMO. Freddie Gray is a tool, exploited not for who he was, or how he died, IMO, but a tool to advance a social and political agenda.

The conversation would be most productive here, and in other public venues, if political correctness went out the window. Then we could get to the REAL issues, and what to do to improve things. JMO. IDK-- maybe a topic for the basement, member's only area?

Excellent post. The BBM is particularly relevent as I feel we're all being played and manipulated and the press/media are ensuring that only one POV is considered important.

Last nights latest police shooting is a perfect example. Not one headline, news article or segment on TV mentions that the alleged shooter is black.

Why not?

Or put another way, why is it always vital to point out the ethnicity of a black victim at the hands of someone who is white? Yet when the roles are reversed, race isn't mentioned.

IMO it's irrelevant either way. What is relevant is that someone was shot/killed by another HUMAN BEING, and the fact that the perpetrator is typically someone with a long history of criminal behavior.

Instead MSM focuses on stories where the victim is black and the killer is white. In yesterday's NYT there were 2 front page stories regarding FG, Baltimore and the demonstrations which forward the message "Fxxx the Police, end white oppression, and no justice no peace." Meanwhile in today's NYT the near fatal shooting of a NYC police officer lands on page 23, with no mention of the fact that the shooter, Demetrius Blackwel, is African American.

If this is how the MSM insists on portraying the news is it any wonder then why many in the black community believe they're being "hunted down?"

I really feel we're all being played, and it's downright scary to consider by whom, and for what purpose.

:peace:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members