MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The governor of every state should be able, by law, to declare a state of "riot emergency", without having to WAIT for a mayor to ask for help. That is simply a ridiculous chain of decision making, IMO. The Governor had a plan, and knew what to do, and was ready to carry it out instantaneously. Technicalities in the law prevented him from acting to protect a major city in his state, because of the decision-making incompetence of the mayor. That should never be allowed to happen again. IMO.

Sugar coating imo. LE had a hate on for the scrutiny they were under - with a handy gun at their hip. That hate on has become more apparent since that night - anonymous interviews - please. Imo, the mayor did the right thing to prevent further loss of life. She seems strong enough to ignore the belittling that comes with such a decision. What always baffles me is, the belittling always comes from those claiming to be LE supporters.

The world is watching as per many MSM articles. The next time the USA wants to be a hero in another country, save oppressed people, pull oppressed people from unwanted harm/tyranny - well ... good luck - you have had many problems with this in the last ten + years. Americans abroad can do without the perceived tyranny at home imo. When the USS Cole was bombed, many Americans I was acquainted with in Dubai suddenly did not want to be American - a very sad thing I thought at the time. Can see it even more now. Jmo.

I disagree with this it hasn't been 10 years it's been 7.5 years

I have absolutely no problem with lethal force in a riot situation. If escalating less-lethal force doesn't get things under control, move on to lethal force, IMO. The life of a rioter is not worth any loss of life of law enforcement, or innocent bystanders.

:goodpost:

I wrote to as many people that i could about what I know about LE in this area and their "game of fun" and "hard stops" with inmates in the back seat unbuckled. I still feel, in my heart and gut, and sound mind, that he died from the driver speeding up and slamming on the breaks. This is what is referred to by le as a "hard stop" but LE in my family, do it on purpose as a game so that the inmate's face faceplants onto the backseat cage. this could break a persons neck, and or spine as well as bones in the face depending on the speed. The route they drove, needs to be checked for as they were in progress, not just the "stops". IOW, LE that I know, do this for fun. I wrote to as many people as I could demanding these officers be asked about this procedure. It is a sickening fact, one that I only know of personally because I was told by a cop. In the neighboring area. Knowing in my heart, that cops do this as a joke, for fun, or out of hatred for drug addicts or other reasons, sickens me....and I do think this is what killed Freddie Gray. The game how it was described to me, was intentional, which is first degree...premeditation as soon as they put them in unbuckled. There is no getting around that either. Proving it happened in this case, won't be an issue if the cops will just tell the truth about what they really did. Ppl all over are wondering why all the stops, etc. IT's more about the speeds reached, between the stops before the driver slams on the breaks. Sickening. I'm so glad that charges were filed, and I hope this comes out...because it's common practice. I'm really sad to say it too, I'm embarrassed to know that someone i know in LE, gains pleasure from this sick form of punishment. The driver knows the person is going to be injured, seriously...and when I was told the story he laughed. He derived pleasure from doing it to people he was taking into the station. After a week of CNN headlines, "what happened inside that van" and then remembering the conversation that was relayed to us, my heart sank, my head hurt and I had to write to as many people I could in this area, so they would start asking, did they do this? Did they engage, purposely in "hard stops" with Freddie Gray? If they dont know about this unknown "game" or illegal procedure how on earth, will they depose? I'm done writing about it now, but I'm sure this is what was done to him. It's pre meditated. As soon as the decision is made to not buckle in; that cop knws they are going to have some "fun" with that inmate. Thats exactly how it was described to me, and it sickens me. I truly think this is how and why he died.
Was this LEO you were talking to your friend?

Sugar coating imo. LE had a hate on for the scrutiny they were under - with a handy gun at their hip. That hate on has become more apparent since that night - anonymous interviews - please. Imo, the mayor did the right thing to prevent further loss of life. She seems strong enough to ignore the belittling that comes with such a decision. What always baffles me is, the belittling always comes from those claiming to be LE supporters.

The world is watching as per many MSM articles. The next time the USA wants to be a hero in another country, save oppressed people, pull oppressed people from unwanted harm/tyranny - well ... good luck - you have had many problems with this in the last ten + years. Americans abroad can do without the perceived tyranny at home imo. When the USS Cole was bombed, many Americans I was acquainted with in Dubai suddenly did not want to be American - a very sad thing I thought at the time. Can see it even more now. Jmo.

What happened with "standing down" could also be perceived as antagonistic towards LE, and abuse of power and incompetence by leadership. Leadership needs to protect law abiding citizens and not let a bunch of immature and misguided individuals commit crimes like arson, looting and rioting causing damage to persons and property. There are always consequences and in the end all of these temper-tantrum riots where criminals have free reign and exploit a situation to serve their greed and selfish needs will only hurt them in the end and their neighborhoods.

You are absolutely correct that the WORLD is watching and most people want a civil law-abiding community that peacefully protests for legitimate reasons, so you really think this will reflect badly on law-abiding citizens who work towards better lives for themselves and families or do you think anyone (outside of fringe terrorist groups) support criminality. Treat others as you would like to be treated, so I don't think anyone other than criminals or corrupt individuals support rioting and destroying people's livelihoods or burning or throwing bricks. If a community really thinks that their future looks brighter by allowing criminals free reign, have at it and let me know how that turns out. Jmo/

How about we start heavily taxing these rioters and sending them the bill for the damage they cause, maybe they'll grow up a little bit. I also think if these communities really want to allow criminal enterprises to conduct illegal drug trafficking in neighborhoods/homes, maybe we need to start heavily taxing them, because these crimes are expensive for law-abiding citizens to clean up. Sound good?

I disagree with this it hasn't been 10 years it's been 7.5 years

7.5 years since? The USS Cole was bombed 12 Oct 2000. Maybe you are referring to something else?

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015...t-map-timeline-1430440637810-master495-v4.jpg ... Inside view of police van...

Very little room for an officer to get inside with an arrestee and make "tether" adjustments.

The first thing they should do is scrap these vehicles. Human beings are not cargo. They should not be transported in a cargo van. The best as I can tell these vehicles have about eight seats in them. They could transport the same number of people in the back seats of four patrol cars. It's not like we have a shortage of cops to drive suspects to jail. There were six cops involved in arresting Gray. One of them could have driven him to jail in a patrol car.

A mayor is not responsible for the criminal actions of other people - this one hardly 'almost got' anyone burned alive. It's amazing to me what lengths people will go to, to further their opinion.

Where is the compromise? The middle ground? Appears to be none at the moment imo.

She ordered the police to STAND DOWN in the middle of massive civil unrest. So that is indicative of her being responsible for the outcome.

What compromise are you speaking of?

Please correct me if I am wrong. In Ferguson wasn't there speculation that the mayor purposely waited till after the grand jury reached their decision before requesting the NG? The reason being that if the NG was called in the governor could appoint a special prosecutor. Since the NG is in Baltimore can the governor override the SA and appoint a special prosecutor? Maybe a differentt state, different laws. Does anyone e know if the governor can step in, and request a special prosecutor?

I have never heard of that happening. He could probably request it though.

The first thing they should do is scrap these vehicles. Human beings are not cargo. They should not be transported in a cargo van. The best as I can tell these vehicles have about eight seats in them. They could transport the same number of people in the back seats of four patrol cars. It's not like we have a shortage of cops to drive suspects to jail. There were six cops involved in arresting Gray. One of them could have driven him to jail in a patrol car.

You make a good point. But another good point is that us taxpayers spend a staggering amount of money on the criminal justice system---police, prisons, food, counseling, medical care, education, etc
Some might say it is a bad investment (throwing good money after bad) to attempt rehabilitation of criminals while recidivism rates soar.

Just pointing that out....

Moo

7.5 years since? The USS Cole was bombed 12 Oct 2000. Maybe you are referring to something else?

This part of you post

The world is watching as per many MSM articles. The next time the USA wants to be a hero in another country, save oppressed people, pull oppressed people from unwanted harm/tyranny - well ... good luck - you have had many problems with this in the last ten + years.

What happened with "standing down" could also be perceived as antagonistic towards LE, and abuse of power and incompetence by leadership. Leadership needs to protect law abiding citizens and not let a bunch of immature and misguided individuals commit crimes like arson, looting and rioting causing damage to persons and property. There are always consequences and in the end all of these temper-tantrum riots where criminals have free reign and exploit a situation to serve their greed and selfish needs will only hurt them in the end and their neighborhoods.

Some are saying the same about LE - immature and misguided individuals commit crimes ... hurting neighborhoods ...

You are absolutely correct that the WORLD is watching and most people want a civil law-abiding community that peacefully protests for legitimate reasons, so you really think this will reflect badly on law-abiding citizens who work towards better lives for themselves and families or do you think anyone (outside of fringe terrorist groups) support criminality. Treat others as you would like to be treated, so I don't think anyone other than criminals or corrupt individuals support rioting and destroying people's livelihoods or burning or throwing bricks. If a community really thinks that their future looks brighter by allowing criminals free reign, have at it and let me know how that turns out. Jmo/

LE is not helping here imo - they now claim to have no choice but to back down and let criminal activity prevail as they have no idea what to do if they can't kill someone in the process. This is not a welcoming intro imo. Not much different than other cultures lately, imo.

How about we start heavily taxing these rioters and sending them the bill for the damage they cause, maybe they'll grow up a little bit. I also think if these communities really want to allow criminal enterprises to conduct illegal drug trafficking in neighborhoods/homes, maybe we need to start heavily taxing them, because these crimes are expensive for law-abiding citizens to clean up. Sound good?

Most certainly should be done - is it being done? If not, why not? Where is the disagreement?

Answers embedded in quote.

She ordered the police to STAND DOWN in the middle of massive civil unrest. So that is indicative of her being responsible for the outcome.

The Mayor needs to keep Toya Graham on speed dial for the next emergency so she can get some good advice, that would be effective, on how to handle the matter.

If CVS decides not to reopen, it will be because they are not interested in serving that market. It's unlikely that one incident will effect that decision. Nothing like this has happened in over 40 years, and business has not poring into those neighborhoods in all those years without riots. Businesses go where people have money, and these people don't have money. So if they blame themselves for businesses not coming to their neighborhoods, they are wrong.

"one incident?' Looting a store and setting it on fire, burning it to the ground while the customers/employees flee for their lives---THAT is considered an 'incident'? Stealing beer is an incident. Burning the store to the ground is a statement, imo.

Yes

Solutions, meeting of the minds on principles for change etc. My way or the highway, regardless of who says it, will not happen imo.

Answers embedded in the quote.

How about we start heavily taxing these rioters and sending them the bill for the damage they cause, maybe they'll grow up a little bit.

LOL...heavily taxing them? Trust me the majority do NOT pay taxes.

How about stopping all taxpayer aid to the families that allow their minor children to riot...i.e. food stamps, section 8, free school lunches, medicaid etc....

Oh, but wait, doing that would be ra.....

You make a good point. But another good point is that us taxpayers spend a staggering amount of money on the criminal justice system---police, prisons, food, counseling, medical care, education, etc
Some might say it is a bad investment (throwing good money after bad) to attempt rehabilitation of criminals while recidivism rates soar.

Just pointing that out....

Moo

... lawsuits for LE wrongdoing amounting to millions - better spent on the community imo.

LOL...heavily taxing them? Trust me the majority do NOT pay taxes.

How about stopping all taxpayer aid to the families that allow their minor children to riot...i.e. food stamps, section 8, free school lunches, etc....

Oh, but wait, doing that would be ra.....

I am not sure why this conversation has to go here. Most of the people who get aid in this country are not necessarily black. Poverty exists among old/young, all races, creeds, urban/rural. Really, do you want this to digress into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro