MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw his rap sheet - was from a source I wa not sure we could link - and it was indeed somewhat numbing in terms of frequency. The sad reality is, however, much of it was attemtping to obtain money to survive. I am not abdicating dealing, but his rap sheet was primarily dealing - he was not raping people, banks, kidnapping, killing people etc - he was trying to make money. He had learning disability issues from lead poisening - his career options were somewhat limited......not advocatiing dealing.......just saying.................

WOW, just wow. So, it's all right to steal a user's soul, ruin families, but so long as you aren't raping or kidnapping, it's all right? Wow, just wow, what a screwed up way of thinking. BTW, drugs DO kill, and he was selling them according to the above-quoted post. SMH Just wow. No wonder the world is in such a mess.

Sugar coating imo. LE had a hate on for the scrutiny they were under - with a handy gun at their hip. That hate on has become more apparent since that night - anonymous interviews - please. Imo, the mayor did the right thing to prevent further loss of life. She seems strong enough to ignore the belittling that comes with such a decision. What always baffles me is, the belittling always comes from those claiming to be LE supporters.

The world is watching as per many MSM articles. The next time the USA wants to be a hero in another country, save oppressed people, pull oppressed people from unwanted harm/tyranny - well ... good luck - you have had many problems with this in the last ten + years. Americans abroad can do without the perceived tyranny at home imo. When the USS Cole was bombed, many Americans I was acquainted with in Dubai suddenly did not want to be American - a very sad thing I thought at the time. Can see it even more now. Jmo.

You are aware that US citizens don't actually vote or have a say in which countries we get to go into to become a "hero" in, right? We blink our eye & watch on the news how our soldiers are now over here or over there. Citizens have no power over those situations---all we can do is vote on politician choices. We have no say what happens after that. And don't think that politicians listen to us little guys---they listen to lobbyists representing big corporatism $$$.
Yep, that's how it works here.
I happen to live in America but I am a citizen of the world. I feel for our young soldiers from the USA that have had to aide citizens from other countries during many wars. They are much braver and less selfish than I.
If it was my "show", I wouldn't be so generous---I'd help my own country first. The others could fend for themselves; especially during these times. Now.

Moo

Answers embedded in quote.

Originally Posted by BirdycatNY
What happened with "standing down" could also be perceived as antagonistic towards LE, and abuse of power and incompetence by leadership. Leadership needs to protect law abiding citizens and not let a bunch of immature and misguided individuals commit crimes like arson, looting and rioting causing damage to persons and property. There are always consequences and in the end all of these temper-tantrum riots where criminals have free reign and exploit a situation to serve their greed and selfish needs will only hurt them in the end and their neighborhoods.

Some are saying the same about LE - immature and misguided individuals commit crimes ... hurting neighborhoods ...

You are absolutely correct that the WORLD is watching and most people want a civil law-abiding community that peacefully protests for legitimate reasons, so you really think this will reflect badly on law-abiding citizens who work towards better lives for themselves and families or do you think anyone (outside of fringe terrorist groups) support criminality. Treat others as you would like to be treated, so I don't think anyone other than criminals or corrupt individuals support rioting and destroying people's livelihoods or burning or throwing bricks. If a community really thinks that their future looks brighter by allowing criminals free reign, have at it and let me know how that turns out. Jmo/

LE is not helping here imo - they now claim to have no choice but to back down and let criminal activity prevail as they have no idea what to do if they can't kill someone in the process. This is not a welcoming intro imo. Not much different than other cultures lately, imo.

How about we start heavily taxing these rioters and sending them the bill for the damage they cause, maybe they'll grow up a little bit. I also think if these communities really want to allow criminal enterprises to conduct illegal drug trafficking in neighborhoods/homes, maybe we need to start heavily taxing them, because these crimes are expensive for law-abiding citizens to clean up. Sound good?

Most certainly should be done - is it being done? If not, why not? Where is the disagreement?

So some are saying LE are the misguided ones committing crimes? That would be dishonest and shortsighted considering the dozen or so shootings that happen every week in Baltimore City. Are the cops shooting the young blacks ? NO, the lovely gang members are doing so.
The locals are calling the cops and begging them to come and clear out the violent ones. I think you might have things a bit twisted.

Where are you getting that---that the cops don't know what to do if they cannot kill someone in the process? Where do they make that claim?

Why are these things not being done? IDK. Maybe ask Elijah Cummings, political force for decades already. Ask him why there are rotten schools, no jobs, abandoned houses, filth and litter.

The vast majority of the people who die during arrest do so with a gun in their hands. I will look for a link.

Looking forward to that info. None of the recent videos of LE use of force shows that - but if you stated it, trust you will find it for everyone. Tia.

would YOU go on camera when your mayor has clearly got it in for you?

Baltimore will reap what they sow in this, those who 'have it in for the cops' are gonna get what they want. You don't want cops hey fine. The Bloods and Crips are giggling with glee. Any law abiding citizens that can get out are going to while they can...so much for all that urban renewal...

... lawsuits for LE wrongdoing amounting to millions - better spent on the community imo.

Lawsuits from rioters and criminals far surpass lawsuits from LE.....better spent on the community (wait a minute: they did spend a lot on the new senior community center that just got burnt to the ground!)

Moo

I am not sure why this conversation has to go here. Most of the people who get aid in this country are not necessarily black. Poverty exists among old/young, all races, creeds, urban/rural. Really, do you want this to digress into this?

I didn't see a race specified. She just said 'families who allow their minor children to riot'.

Looking forward to that info. None of the recent videos of LE use of force shows that - but if you stated it, trust you will find it for everyone. Tia.

Of course the recent, cherry picked videos do not show that.

I am not sure why this conversation has to go here. Most of the people who get aid in this country are not necessarily black. Poverty exists among old/young, all races, creeds, urban/rural. Really, do you want this to digress into this?

Do you believe that the majority of rioters are paying taxes? Do you believe increasing their taxes would be a deterrent????

The majority are likely RECEIVING tax payer funds in one form or another. Apparently the vast majority of school children in that area receive free meals. Cutting benefits would be far more effective than increasing the taxes that they don't pay.

LOL...heavily taxing them? Trust me the majority do NOT pay taxes.

How about stopping all taxpayer aid to the families that allow their minor children to riot...i.e. food stamps, section 8, free school lunches, medicaid etc....

Oh, but wait, doing that would be ra.....

I saw a little blip on FB about taking any government aid from rioters for 10 yrs and instead funneling that money to build back the businesses the rioters destroyed. Made perfect sense to me.

I didn't see a race specified. She just said 'families who allow their minor children to riot'.

"Oh, but wait, doing that would be ra....."

Hopefully, everyone here can have a conversation without delving into racial stereotypes. Do we know that people rioting were on government assistance? No, probably not. An assumption? You bet. I will now "scroll and roll" because the inability for some people to have a conversation is clear to me. Makes me sad.

would YOU go on camera when your mayor has clearly got it in for you?

Baltimore will reap what they sow in this, those who 'have it in for the cops' are gonna get what they want. You don't want cops hey fine. The Bloods and Crips are giggling with glee. Any law abiding citizens that can get out are going to while they can...so much for all that urban renewal...

This is exactly what happened to LA after the riots. To this day, there are portions of the inner city that the gangs fully control. Cops rarely venture there. They willingly handed it over because they were in a no win situation. The gangs who lived there were gunning for the cops and did a lot of drive bys. But if the cops tried to stop and frisk, or detain, they would be admonished by their higher ups, and threatened with suspension etc. So they just gave up on certain neighborhoods. And decades later it is still a no man's land in some areas. Common Knowledge.

A similar thing is going to happen in parts of Baltimore, imo. The cops are not going to be proactive. If they see a suspicious car in a parking lot at 3 am, they are NOT going to cruise over to check it out. Too dangerous for them for no reward. The next time a guy runs when he sees them, they will let him run. And thats too bad for the community because there are a lot of armed robberies and home invasions going on there. I think violent crime will increase. JMO

Normally I would ask for a link that the mayor told LE to let people loot - but would consider it a waste of time.

I would like a link to examples of LE firing indiscriminately into crowds since you think it would be so likely to have occurred.

Do you think black teens and white teens carry weapons in equal numbers?

When I went to school (99% white school) I saw white kids bring switchblade knifes to school. The most that would happen to them is a teacher would confiscate the knife, if they found out. So yes I believe that white kids carry weapons, probably in greater numbers, because they know the cops are not going to stop and search them, and they can get away with it.

The Mayor prevented loss of life? She almost got a young couple and their infant burned alive in their apartment above their looted store. She is responsible for the 15 injured officers too, imo.

That notion is completely laughable. I would say I'm astonished at the attitudes some have of LE but given the rhetoric coming from our powers that be It's not surprising at all.

When I went to school (99% white school) I saw white kids bring switchblade knifes to school. The most that would happen to them is a teacher would confiscate the knife, if they found out. So yes I believe that white kids carry weapons, probably in greater numbers, because they know the cops are not going to stop and search them, and they can get away with it.

My friend is a K-9 Officer with LAUSD. His dog sniffs out guns. He gets a lot of weapons in low income schools. He has never sniffed one out that was on a white student. In 6 years so far, all the guns were in possession of minority gang members.

That notion is completely laughable. I would say I'm astonished at the attitudes some have of LE but given the rhetoric coming from our powers that be It's not surprising at all.

ITA. I can't believe some of the crappola I'm reading here. But, I guess it explains what we saw going on in Baltimore and Ferguson. It seems to be a mindset.

This is exactly what happened to LA after the riots. To this day, there are portions of the inner city that the gangs fully control. Cops rarely venture there. They willingly handed it over because they were in a no win situation. The gangs who lived there were gunning for the cops and did a lot of drive bys. But if the cops tried to stop and frisk, or detain, they would be admonished by their higher ups, and threatened with suspension etc. So they just gave up on certain neighborhoods. And decades later it is still a no man's land in some areas. Common Knowledge.

A similar thing is going to happen in parts of Baltimore, imo. The cops are not going to be proactive. If they see a suspicious car in a parking lot at 3 am, they are NOT going to cruise over to check it out. Too dangerous for them for no reward. The next time a guy runs when he sees them, they will let him run. And thats too bad for the community because there are a lot of armed robberies and home invasions going on there. I think violent crime will increase. JMO

Honestly if some communities want to be run by street/gang law that is fine with me. Why force police to patrol areas that are dangerous and where their presence is not wanted/supported?

However if those individuals that live in gang run neighborhoods venture outside of their communities then the rules change and they should be dealt with according to the standards of the community they offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro