MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the way I understand this neigborhood its a tough one......maybe police should be chasing people who are clearly doing something --the way LE describes the neighborhood, one would think there is "enough" to do without chasing after some guy, who has a rap sheet, not wanting to go chit and chat with LE!

I saw his rap sheet - was from a source I wa not sure we could link - and it was indeed somewhat numbing in terms of frequency. The sad reality is, however, much of it was attemtping to obtain money to survive. I am not abdicating dealing, but his rap sheet was primarily dealing - he was not raping people, banks, kidnapping, killing people etc - he was trying to make money. He had learning disability issues from lead poisening - his career options were somewhat limited......not advocatiing dealing.......just saying.................

I saw his rap sheet - was from a source I wa not sure we could link - and it was indeed somewhat numbing in terms of frequency. The sad reality is, however, much of it was attemtping to obtain money to survive. I am not abdicating dealing, but his rap sheet was primarily dealing - he was not raping people, banks, kidnapping, killing people etc - he was trying to make money. He had learning disability issues from lead poisening - his career options were somewhat limited......not advocatiing dealing.......just saying.................

Good points, Cariis

Please correct me if I am wrong. In Ferguson wasn't there speculation that the mayor purposely waited till after the grand jury reached their decision before requesting the NG? The reason being that if the NG was called in the governor could appoint a special prosecutor. Since the NG is in Baltimore can the governor override the SA and appoint a special prosecutor? Maybe a differentt state, different laws. Does anyone e know if the governor can step in, and request a special prosecutor?

Just "dealing"? Baltimore with ~600,000 inhabitants had 233 murders last year (iirc); NYC with 8.4M had 333. If Baltimore had as many people as NYC, the murder count would be over 3000 a year. I bet "dealing" figures into that equation in a big way. And the worst thing imo is that the good folks there can't legally own a gun for self-defense, leaving them unprotected, except for LE, to the dubious mercy of the many "dealers" and their unsavory peers.

It was interesting but glosses over some signfigant facts. Effecting an arrest "without incident" where that is indivicual is now deceased just does not seem all that honest to me. We know for a fact that at least 1/6 of the LE folks involved knew about the second stop, attempted to keep it a secret - if all is aboveboard there is no reason to have attempted, except for something nefarious, to lie about what happened. It is that simple. All behavrior has meaning.

I do not know, but I would doubt that transporting someone to jail does not typically include 4 stops (exclude the pickup of the other one) which clearly indicates that something from the get go was aray. That is just logical. In light of the fact that from the beginning excruciating pain is heard, in light of the fact that he is now dead, it would seem prudent to conclude that his multiple requests for medical assistance were clearly valid.

They lied about him being inpossession of an illigal knife, the hid information, they ignored pleas for help, and I am guessing here that the medical examiner concluded that his injuries were not self inflicted, the only conclusion one can come up with, IMO, is that from the first takedown on the street, to pulling into the station , to never regain consciousness again - seems pretty strighforward.

ALthough his voice was disgusied his hatred for the folks who struggle in that neighborhood to live is clearly expressed. What LE does not get is "those people" his inferance not mine, are people, humans, his disdain is congruent with ignoring screams of pain, tossing a human in the back of van like a box of sneakers, hearing noises, and instead of going back there and fastening his seat belt they install more things which further restrict an obviously destressed human being thrown around and possibly hurting self.

So what now, as humans if some human being , in some circumstnace, is trying to self harm, we just say the heck with it -- they were doing it themsleves. They are talking like , Freddie did it to himslef, and if that true (dont buy it) it is acceptable to just ignore it and do nothing to intervene to prevent further self harm.

That is naussating, and folks who endorse those notions and or beliefs should not be it LE- they should be driving a semi truck or bulldozer wherein those beleifs do not impact another homosapian.

on the lied about mystery shop and humane person would have put on approriate gear for some salavia and put the kid in a seat belt - that is why they were there. Peroid

All you have to do is look at the route taken by the van to the police department. A 3 minute drive took 30 minutes. They were taking him "for a rough ride". Even the union president said it!

IIRC, the St. Louis County DA refused to step aside in favor of a special prosecutor, choosing to leave the decision to indict in the hands of the grand jury. MO Gov. Nixon, reeling from the negative response to his early intemperate statements, wasn't willing/stupid enough to force the highly experienced and popular DA to step aside, even when the DA publicly dared him to.

IIRC, the St. Louis County DA refused to step aside in favor of a special prosecutor, choosing to leave the decision to indict in the hands of the grand jury. MO Gov. Nixon, reeling from the negative response to his early intemperate statements, wasn't willing/stupid enough to force the highly experienced and popular DA to step aside, even when the DA publicly dared him to.

Special prosecutor was appointed in Zimmerman's case. Zimmerman still walked (and he wasn't a cop).

I want to know the real reason they were after him that day. "Making eye contact" just doesn't cut it for me. They were after him for a reason. JMO

All you have to do is look at the route taken by the van to the police department. A 3 minute drive took 30 minutes. They were taking him "for a rough ride". Even the union president said it!

They made at least one stop after FG to pick up another arrestee. I haven't seen a quote from the union president or anyone in authority about a "rough ride", but, if one exists, I think that's an important bit of info.

Respectfully, I think that dealing especially narcotics destroys victims lives through drug addiction etc. I consider it a very serious offense. Basically, someone dealing narcotics to victims is exploiting them and killing them in the long term, and that's not okay and just as bad as something like sexual assault. Drug dealers deserve same rights as other defendants in the judicial system, BUT drug dealing narcotics is by no means benign, it's dangerous and exploitative. But it is very sad that Mr. Gray had lead poisoning and learning disabilities stemming from it. Jmo/

I understand overpolicing but also I did see something and I cannot link. Believe it was on WBAL that Freddie may have been an actor in his arrests for the community and once inside the precinct he was a bit of an informant.
I once again will say the first time he asked for medical assistance they should have called for it. I know often it is faked but protocol is call every time.

Special prosecutor was appointed in Zimmerman's case. Zimmerman still walked (and he wasn't a cop).

The FL guv or AG made that political decision when the local DA failed to indict Zimmerman, citing lack of evidence likely to result in a conviction iirc.

wth Why is the SA giving interviews all over the media? She was just on NBC Today, talking about the case again.
This case is her springboard to stardom and probably a keynote speech at a convention. JMO

Um no. Someone posted on the last thread about him receiving money every month from a settlement related to the lead poisoning. Actually, he was trying to cash in a 100k plus settlement to Peachtree for something like 18k cash. :what: Also, a msm article stated that he lives with his sister(s). I do not view him as selling drugs as a way to survive.

What if he was selling to your child or grandchild? Breaking a law is breaking a law, change the laws but don't pick and choose which will be obeyed/which won't and by who. If he was wealthy and selling drugs would it then not be okay? If a person only cleans up the larger pieces of litter on a highway, well, the highway is still littered. (NO I am not saying FG is litter)

:loveyou: but I do not agree.

I want to know the real reason they were after him that day. "Making eye contact" just doesn't cut it for me. They were after him for a reason. JMO

IIRC, it was the 41 yo white Lt. Rice bike cop who initiated the pursuit of FG, calling for backup along the way, and the two young, white bike cops responded. If so, there was only a "he" after FG and no "they" until later on. I definitely think Nero and Miller, who on video seem to be handling FG with care, were over-charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue