MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's because she's "that thick."

I think the word I would use is hubris.

Yeah, I used that word last eve to describe her-- as in "holy buckets of hubris". I wouldn't be surprised if her picture shows up next to definitions of "hubris."

Not a very competent or professional beginning to her first months in office.

I think she will have to be removed from prosecuting any of these cases. I think she has tainted the jury pool, and there will have to be a change of venue, if charges aren't dropped and any charges proceed.

And if she keeps on like this, she may end up on ethics charges before the state bar disciplinary board.

I haven't seen a single legal analyst opine that what Marilyn Mosby is doing is even "sort of" okay. Really-- has a single legal authority come out and supported her on stage participation at the rally/ concert? On top of the many conflicts of interest from the way she charged the police officers??

The really stunning thing about her conduct is that the left AND the right seem to agree that her conduct, at this point, is way beyond appropriate and lawful, and is indefensible. No one is supporting her conduct, and EVEN those who initially supported her when the motion for her to recuse herself or be removed, have done a 180. Fox is lambasting her, but even CNN didn't have much to say that was even lukewarm.

She's alienating everyone-- including the police, with whom she will have to work closely, if she continues on in office as a prosecutor. I do think her very job is on the line here. She could be removed not just from these cases, but removed from her elected position. Again, comparisons to Mike Nifong.

Hi Everyone,

Please remember this thread is about the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody.

The riots, the protests, we continually go around in circles when we discuss things that are not directly related to the topic The topic being Freddie Gray's death.

Please keep on topic.

Thanks for your participation.

Tricia

In actuality all the media "hysteria" about MM is the routine. If you all remmeber we went through all this same stuff with most of the other high profile (about the prosecotr/ special procetor/ GJ/ change venue ) etc etc.

Its the dance we call our legal system. SHe might all along have planned to have senior folks in her office proceed down the road anyhow.

The next "event"- the 27th of May are any more facts going to come out, or is just more justice system dancing?

Hi Everyone,

Please remember this thread is about the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody.

The riots, the protests, we continually go around in circles when we discuss things that are not directly related to the topic The topic being Freddie Gray's death.

Please keep on topic.

Thanks for your participation.

Tricia

respectfully, i'm having a difficult time drawing the line and looking for clarification from anybody!

mariyn mosby is the city district attorney that brought charges against 6 officers. is what she does in office "off limits" such as this? in addition, these riots were directly a result of f/grey's death.

The Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office tells WJZ prosecutors are dropping all charges against individuals arrested solely for curfew violations. They say those arrests were punishment enough.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/11/baltimore-mayors-curfew-authority-challenged-in-court-case/

The bottom line: vans are rarely used to take those arrested from crime scenes outside of the city. In the county, those that do often have grab handles or straps to hold onto, but no belts to buckle.

snip

“We do not support seat belts in these vans for officer safety reasons,” said Elise Armacost, Baltimore County Police Department. “It can be extremely dangerous to an officer to have to forcibly secure someone in a seat belt if he or she is not cooperating.”

While state law mandates rear seat belts, there are exceptions. And under federal law, there are no seat belt mandates.

“It’s a very complex mix of state and federal regulations,” said Armacost. “We don’t believe the law requires us to have seat belts in the prisoner transport van.”

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...-new-scrutiny-on-how-inmates-are-transported/

"But most jurisdictions almost exclusively use patrol cars to transport inmates from crime scenes. In Baltimore County, the only times vans are used are if the person under arrest becomes violent or is headed to court."

I've wondered if the seat belt requirement was mainly for arrestees in the back of cruisers, not vans, which seems to be the case. The bike cops needed a vehicle to transport FG, and maybe the van was closer to the scene than a cruiser at the time, or FG went bonkers once inside.

The way this van is designed, it's pretty difficult to belt someone in because of how narrow the space is. It's not a good design at all.

any type of bar restraint imo could possibly cause injury???? what happens if one has a heavy set individual?

i'd rather see l/e get body cams 1st & don't understand the holdup = order them NOW! iirc it's gonna be 10 months since this was announced (feb - nov).

The mayor did not want the cameras until this happened. They just ordered them and they will be in place before the end of the year.

The mayor did not want the cameras until this happened. They just ordered them and they will be in place before the end of the year.

I think it will also show the disrespect shown LE on a daily basis, and the sh** they have to put up with. It will protect both sides, or at least show what really happened.

that's what i don't understand = it shouldn't take that long = bureaucracy!

if i was l/e working in that high crime area, i'd invest in a go pro cam. wonder if that would be illegal for them to do their own recording?

Here is a design with a bar type restraint:

http://mavron.com/prisoner/photos/PTrestraintCL.JPG

I actually had that very same idea without knowing this design already existed and posted about it a while back.
If officials want their detainess restrained, they need to change the seat belts to some type of a bar, so the officer doesn't have to get up close and personal with someoby.

As far as body cameras go, doesn't the mayor want the officers to inform people they are filming and turn the cameras off if they don't consent to being filmed? If that is the case, and the officers have "control" over content, then they are mostly going to be a waste of money. IF an officer is corrupt then he'll just turn the camera off when he wants to BE corrupt. IF he/she isn't and something of note happens, the public will just claim they edited the content. IMO In a perfect world, they would have cameras rolling the whole time that they are in uniform to which they have no control. MOO

any type of bar restraint imo could possibly cause injury???? what happens if one has a heavy set individual?

i'd rather see l/e get body cams 1st & don't understand the holdup = order them NOW! iirc it's gonna be 10 months since this was announced (feb - nov).
The body cams isn't going to restrain somebody in the van. For especially heavy set person, they might have to use a police car instead of a van for transport.

As far as body cameras go, doesn't the mayor want the officers to inform people they are filming and turn the cameras off if they don't consent to being filmed? If that is the case, and the officers have "control" over content, then they are mostly going to be a waste of money. IF an officer is corrupt then he'll just turn the camera off when he wants to BE corrupt. IF he/she isn't and something of note happens, the public will just claim they edited the content. IMO In a perfect world, they would have cameras rolling the whole time that they are in uniform to which they have no control. MOO

I would like to see detectives where them during investigations too.

I would like to see detectives where them during investigations too.

I don't think that would work too well for investigations. Some of the cops wearing them have already complained that the body cams prevent locals from talking to them and giving them tips on recent crimes. They are already afraid of snitching, but when a cop is wearing a camera -FORGET IT. No one will talk to them.

yup - she does which imo is the silliest thing i've heard (lately!).

maybe the mayor could do patrol with l/e for a couple of days & make that announcement for l/e and see how it goes.

i don't think they've got that problem where other l/e already wear body cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983