MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted an MSM link to support my main claim. Then the reply was that SOME of what I posted was not in the MSM article. So I replied that the other details were things seen on the CopWatch twitter page, which sets out their policies more fully.
Huh?

Lol, I obviously need to go to bed. That isn't making any sense.

Sorry, Katydid23, I will re-read that in the morning.

OT-can anyone tell me how toturn off this stupid autocorrect on ios8? I could always find it on previous updates, but this one os KILLING me.

I turned my spell check off on my phone when it turned decision into dinosaur....hence, why I have so many spelling errors lol

I always had it off before but I stupidly updated my iPod and now Iambic going crazy!

snip

But using seatbelts for prisoners was not only a recently adopted policy by the BPD, it had barely existed.

The procedure to buckle in a prisoner is part of policy 1114; on page two it reads “the detainee is secured with the provided seat belt or restraining device” *and that “all passengers, regardless of age and seat location, shall be restrained...”

While previous reports say this new policy was published April 3, 2015, ABC2 has learned it wasn't approved and emailed out to officers until almost a week later.

In Focus has obtained the department wide e-mail confirming as much with the time stamp of 6:01 p.m. on April 9, just two full days before Freddie Gray would be arrested in the western district.
http://www.abc2news.com/news/in-foc...w-seat-belt-order-issued-for-baltimore-police

Much more reading at link.

Six Law Enforcement Officers were never charged with the death of Freddie Gray.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...fficer-charged-in-freddie-grays-death-unjust/

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Grand jury indictments against the six officers accused in the death of Freddie Gray could come down any day. Now attorneys for one of those officers are fighting back, saying their client is unjustly charged.

I cannot find anything else to refute that six officers were NOT charged with Freddie's death. I supplied a MSM link to support that charges WERE made against six officers. Can you please point me to where it says otherwise? I have been on a fishing trip for a week with no TV or WIFI. I am way behind.

Baltimore prosecutors say*Freddie Gray’s arrest was illegal before police officers found a knife on him, challenging claims by the officers’ lawyers that the arrest was proper because it was illegal for Mr. Gray to possess the knife.

The statements in court papers mark the first time prosecutors have elaborated on their view of Mr. Gray’s arrest since Baltimore State’s Attorney*Marilyn Mosbyannounced charges against six officers*in Mr. Gray’s death on May 1.

A charging document filed May 1 “makes clear that Mr. Gray was arrested well before the arresting officers knew he possessed a knife,” Chief Deputy State’s Attorney*Michael Schatzow*wrote in court papers filed Monday, suggesting the legality of the knife isn’t key.

snip

“It appears the state’s attorney’s office has changed their theory,” said attorney*Ivan Bates,*who represents Sgt.*Alicia White.*“I think that would go to show that there was a rush to prosecute.”

snip

Police can briefly detain a person based on reasonable suspicion, a lesser standard than probable cause. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that a suspect fleeing police in a high-crime area, such as police say Mr. Gray did before his arrest, gives rise to such suspicion.

Prosecutors will have to show that police had no basis for arresting Mr. Gray after they stopped him, legal experts said, and that means prosecutors likely will have to show the knife was clearly legal. Mr. Gray was charged with illegal possession of a switchblade.

snip

The case has significantly elevated Ms. Mosby’s profile. Last week, she sat down with Vogue magazine for an interview. Ms. Mosby’s spokeswoman and freelance journalist Heidi Mitchell both said Ms. Mosby didn’t discuss the criminal case during the interview, which Vogue had requested.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/baltimo...t-was-illegal-before-finding-knife-1432076045

Please clarify as to why this is a 'bright note'.

It's what the people want. It's democracy at it's finest.

For anyone who says the people just want justice. I'll just point to the two arresting bike officers, who have been charged with false arrest and imprisonment. That ties the hands of EVERY cop on the street. They do something they think is right and it's wrong they can be subject to arrest. So, they can't really function anymore, and it shows in the spike in murders. It's great. The inmates are running the asylum. I'm 100% for it. Because like the mafia, most of the time they only kill the people they want, so one dies and the other (because they have zero brainpower) eventually gets caught. It's two for the price of the one. For the times that an innocent child is caught in the cross-fire or perhaps in their bed and a bullet comes through the wall, well that's just a shame, and do we really care? We're much to concerned with drug dealers being treated like royalty as they're being questioned or eyed for their illegal activities. Because God knows that drug dealing brings money into the community. What else can they do? I mean, not one person has ever come out of these high crime areas and done anything with their lives.

If you can't tell what's sarcasm and what's not, it's meant to be that way.

Either way, I'm good.

Video spotlights Freddie Gray at Baker and Mount streets
In her first interview about the incident, Gross, 58, said she was shocked at the turn of events that led to Gray's death from a spinal injury. "I thought his leg was just broke and that he was just going to the police station and we would hear him that afternoon," she said recently, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ount-baker-streets-20150520-story.html#page=1

Video spotlights Freddie Gray at Baker and Mount streets
In her first interview about the incident, Gross, 58, said she was shocked at the turn of events that led to Gray's death from a spinal injury. "I thought his leg was just broke and that he was just going to the police station and we would hear him that afternoon," she said recently, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ount-baker-streets-20150520-story.html#page=1

Amazing video! It shows the officers placing shackles on Gray's legs.

It does not show any police brutality that I can see.

Looks like the defense teams might want to get hold of that video, before it disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper