MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most here are waiting for the facts in the FG case. Some here have already made up their minds without all the facts. Some here are always ready to convict LE regardless of facts. Do you know what the truth in this case is? If so please enlighten everyone and provide a link.

I am waiting for the facts just like everyone else. What I am speaking of is folks continuously pulling out every excuse in the book to explain why a young man had his spine severed, larynx crushed and vertebrae fractured, ultimately dying from his injuries while in police custody. All the while we are well aware of the recent history of corruption and brutality within this department.

If Freddie Grays (THE VICTIM) criminal history is relevant(as is argued here repeatedly) then the history of this department is certainly relevant and therefore open to discussion within this thread.

I am waiting for the facts just like everyone else. What I am speaking of is folks continuously pulling out every excuse in the book explain why a young man had his spine severed, larynx crushed and vertebrae fractured, ultimately dying from his injuries while in police custody. All the while we are well aware of the recent history of corruption and brutality within this department.

If Freddie Grays (THE VICTIM) criminal history is relevant(as is argued here repeatedly) then the history of this department is certainly relevant and therefore open to discussion within this thread.

Where is the Autopsy report? We do not know what it says. Who in authority has confirmed this?:

"spine severed, larynx crushed and vertebrae fractured"

I'm tired of people pulling out every excuse to convict LE in this and many other cases without the facts.

Well I for one want the truth. Yet I don't want anyone to go down due to someones or anyones "agenda". On either side. I do question all these charges and justifiably so. IMO

Do most here not care whether or not LE abides by the law?

I care if LE abides by the law and the majority of LE does abide by the law. Making assumptions about LE based on the actions of a few is no different than making assumptions about a person based on their race, religion, sexuality, etc. It is not right. A person should be judge on their actions and their actions only.

Some Baltimore LE have done bad things but that does not make all Baltimore LE bad. There are many, many fine men and women who wear a badge in Baltimore and who work hard to protect the citizens here.

Where is the Autopsy report? We do not know what it says. Who in authority has confirmed this?:

I'm tired of people pulling out every excuse to convict LE in this and many other cases without the facts.

The people who know aren't saying. So anyone who says they know is by definition ..... well.... incorrect.

It's also a classic example of not waiting for the truth.

Well I for one want the truth. Yet I don't want anyone to go down due to someones or anyones "agenda". On either side. I do question all these charges and justifiably so. IMO

As do I.

His injuries have been widely reported by MSM, as is standard here at WS.
If it turns out he did not suffer those injuries I will adjust my opinion accordingly. But that is the information we have right now whether one wants to believe it or not.

If it turns out he did not suffer those injuries I will adjust my opinion accordingly. But that is the information we have right now whether one wants to believe it or not.

Can you provide a link where FG's injuries are described? TIA.

Wait, didn't I see video of her saying it was an illegal arrest because the knife was legal?

Yes. But, the defense attorneys demanded the knife, and now she's changed her tune. She's completely incompetent.

Baltimore will burn when these two innocent police officers are found not guilty, or better yet the charges are dropped. Of course that would be justice, and who needs that.

I am waiting for the facts just like everyone else. What I am speaking of is folks continuously pulling out every excuse in the book to explain why a young man had his spine severed, larynx crushed and vertebrae fractured, ultimately dying from his injuries while in police custody. All the while we are well aware of the recent history of corruption and brutality within this department.

Has the autopsy report come out? Cool. Can you give me a link to that? I would like to read it for myself.

How about a link where his injuries are described by someone who would actually know, like, for example, the medical examiner — as opposed to Mr. Gray's family and Mr. Gray's family's lawyer.

Has the autopsy report been released? Did we somehow miss it?

Did you read the article?
That info did not come from Mr Grays family or his lawyer.

Re-read the article please.

Has the autopsy report come out? Cool. Can you give me a link to that? I would like to read it for myself.

A preliminary report was leaked from the medical examiners office. See the last article I linked. I picked it out of dozens of others just like it.

Did you read the article?
That info did not come from Mr Grays family or his lawyer.

Re-read the article please.

"did suffer a very tragic injury to his spinal cord which resulted in his death".

That's it. That's the sum total of what was reported based on the autopsy.

The rest was from Gray's family and Gray's family's lawyer.

Re-read the article.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32400497

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32400497

<Snip>

THE INJURIES

"Officer Miller's document says that Gray "suffered a medical emergency" while he was being transported and that he was "immediately transported to Shock Trauma via medic".

He arrived in a critical condition.

Briefing the media on the results of an autopsy on Monday, Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez said Gray "did suffer a very tragic injury to his spinal cord which resulted in his death". Mr Murphy said that Gray's "spine was 80% severed at his neck". When the injury was sustained is not clear.

ABC News has reported that an injury on his head matched a bolt in the back of the police van."

<Snip>

So all we know offically is that FG suffered an injury to his spinal cord. We do not know how FG sustained this injury. As for what Mr.Murphy said, he is not an Offical spokesman. He is the lawyer representing the family. There has been nothing confirming anything he has claimed. Same for the MSM. Until there's an offical statement and/or document such as the Autopsy Report, all we know is that FG had a spinal injury which resulted in FG's death. We do NOT know how FG sustained this injury or much of anything else. There's nothing that's been released publicly that proves the officers guilty in FG's death. It's very possible FG's injuries and death were due to his own actions and not the fault of LE. IMO.

It is true that it has been discussed in the media by the family's attorney. But even they have not bothered to show their autopsy. And since the terminology the attorney used wasn't even medical terminology it makes me question how accurate it was.

But let's say it is true and Mr Gray did suffer those injuries. Which of the officers inflicted them? They should be charged. How were they inflicted? Because that can affect what charges are appropriate. Who knew and didn't get help for him? Not all the officers saw him after the van left.

And finally there is a remote possibility that in the van.... after the shackles were applied... that Mr Gray did attempt to go to a seated position. And in doing so in a moving vehicle got over balanced and fell.

Everybody has talked about his spinal injuries and how they might have been afflicted. But most don't take into account that he had trachea injuries too. It is an unusual set of injuries. But if he had used the seat and his chin to sready himself and gain leverage he possibly could have gotten himself to his knees. And if he did it wouldn't have taken much to cause him to fall onto the edge of the seat. Causing the trach injury and the broken neck. And if it happened that way no charges would be warranted.

So until more is known about who did what, and until the evidence is there to prove who did what, and until the evidence is there to show who knew what and when, IMO the charges are inopportune.

en

I don't lump the good with the bad at all. I would agree 95% are good. But in a position of trust and authority 95% isn't near enough. It is a problem. It's a scary problem.
Is it as bad as the amount of murders that happen daily in B'more? In some ways yes and some ways no. But it is a different problem altogether.

Glad you can at least see the brutality in that video. What if you found out that in some cities that kind of beating is not uncommon at all. Would that change your thoughts on the subject?

There's no such thing as 100%. Given their position and authority there's nothing worse than a corrupt police officer. That's why it's important when you encounter an officer to treat them with respect. If you give respect 99.99% of the time you get respect. Even corrupt cops don't go out looking for trouble. But, they have no problem dealing with it in the wrong way when it arises. How sad and pathetic would you have to be to beat a person who is treating you with absolute respect? That's .0001% of .01% of bad cops.

If FACTS are presented, there's no denying them. I'm not on the police's side or the suspect's side, I'm on the side of truth and fact. When there's evidence provided that points in two different directions, common sense usually provides the correct answer. In the "famous" cases being presented now as police brutality there's only one that is actual police brutality, and it goes even further to manslaughter. We have nothing as far as fact for Freddy Gray, so it's still up in the air as to what caused his injury. Which injury is that? No one really knows. There's been so many reported, and there's no facts to back up any of them. There's been speculation by the media, statements by the SA and Mayor, and that's pretty much it.

Body cameras will reduce the amount of supposed police brutality that's being claimed now. They're also going to make great reality TV.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...icts-six-officers-freddie-grays-death-n362846
A grand jury in Baltimore has indicted six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, the city's top prosecutor said Thursday.

In a hasty early-evening news conference, State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby reeled off the charges handed down by the grand jury against the officers: Caesar Goodson Jr., William Porter, Brian Rice, Edward Nero, Garrett Miller and Alicia White.

Sorry wrong thread :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member