MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi has anyone considered these two women?
Judy Sylvester
Judy Ann Sylvester – The Charley Project

Judy Martins
Judy Martins – The Charley Project
I know Martins has a suspected killer (William Posey) and they both went missing a few years before the woman was found, but I might as well bring it up!
I think Judy Martins can be excluded due to the fact that she is said to have had her wisdom teeth removed and the UID still had hers. Not sure about Judy Sylvester.... I can’t see the list of exclusions at the moments. :oops:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Two additional exclusions:

MP7091 Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982 Orange FL
MP14266 Barbara McClure 11/03/1978 King WA

Updated Namus link and ruleouts:

Unidentified Person Case

Katherine Anderson

Maureen Baca

Marie Blee

Susan Cappel

Andrea Coyle

Valarie Cuccia

Kathleen Durst

Sherry Eyerly

Rachael Garden

Zita Gutierrez

Gina Hall

Anne Manchester

Judith O'Donnell

Michele Reidenbach

Betty Roberts

Jeanne Scrima

Nancy Snow

article-0-136FEFF2000005DC-204_468x286.jpg

(2012) The Frederick Police Department released a digital image of the victim in 'the woman in the trunk' 1982 murder.

eb75Ubf.jpg

Trunk Lady was located in a steamer trunk (footlocker) located just off a roadway in Gambrills State Park, in Frederick, Maryland on August 24, 1982. The trunk had leaves and sticks scattered over it but it was not hidden. Investigators don't know how she died, where she died, or who she is. The bones were found in an area known as the Frederick Municipal Forest. Back in 1982, it was known as the Frederick City Watershed because all the water that falls in the mountains drains into the city's reservoir. In the heat of the summer in August, a man and a woman were up there looking for mushrooms and they made the horrible discovery. Forensic dentists have produced a dental chart that indicates she had work done at a dental school. Investigators do not believe she is from the Frederick area.

LINKS:

Police release new sketch of mysterious 'cheerleader in the trunk' 30 years after grisly murder | Daily Mail Online

https://www./threads/trunk-lady-wf-17-45-found-in-trunk-in-frederick-county-md-24-august-1982.359/

On reddit someone told me that I sent Deborah A. McCall and Diane Genice Dye as possible matches but never got a response, would they have been discarded?

The last we heard, they couldn't rule Virginia in or out because they couldn't find identifiers for her.

Has anybody heard anything new?
It's so odd because her DoeNetwork profile claims that she has all identifiers available. I can't believe they went to the media with this possible ID 15 years ago and nothing has happened since.

It's great to see that so much is going on here regarding this case. I've been following it for some time now.

Last edited:
The last we heard, they couldn't rule Virginia in or out because they couldn't find identifiers for her.

Has anybody heard anything new?

I seem to recall what you are saying about Virginia having no identifiers, but I just checked Virginia's Doe Network page and it states all 3 are now available. So now I'm wondering if she's a default rule out.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
1502DFVA - Virginia Alice Welch

Bumping this to say that I wrote an article on this case! I included the most shared potential matches in it that seem to have been put forward by multiple people, but if you were the only person to put forward a theory and want credit let me know. I can also add more theories, the article is published but still editable:
The Mystery Of The Cheerleader In The Trunk
I'm hoping for more movement in this case, I want her to be identified before the forty year anniversary of her discovery.

Bumping this to say that I wrote an article on this case! I included the most shared potential matches in it that seem to have been put forward by multiple people, but if you were the only person to put forward a theory and want credit let me know. I can also add more theories, the article is published but still editable:
The Mystery Of The Cheerleader In The Trunk
I'm hoping for more movement in this case, I want her to be identified before the forty year anniversary of her discovery.
I would like you to write an Article about Lady of the Dunes, The boy in the box and Princess Doe if possible :)
Here you have the threads

MA - MA - Provincetown, 'Lady in the Dunes' 119UFMA, 27-49, Race Point, Jul'74

PA - PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box' WhtMale 4UMPA, 4-6, Feb'57

NJ - NJ - Blairstown, 'Princess Doe' WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members