MD MD - George "Junior" Burdynski, 10, Brentwood, 24 May 1993

For a little perspective on the location of Brentwood, Maryland, here is a map and link to aerial photography of the area. Brentwood is an incorporated town bordered by other small residential communities just northeast of Washington DC, and southwest of Hyattsville, Maryland in Prince Georges County.

Mount Rainier, MD location map

LINK:

While it's clear there was a pedophile ring operating in this area, I just wanted to point out something regarding their modus operandi and how it seems different to what happened to Junior. (Please don't see this as a defence of their actions, it is not, but I felt it important to mention).

So these men seemed to operate by luring boys into an environment they viewed as safe by promises of computer games, money, gifts etc and then engaging in sexual acts which they would film presumably to sell online. I can find no evidence that any of them were involved in forcibly taking boys against their will or murder. Their whole operation seemed to be based on gaining the trust of these boys so they would keep returning and thus more footage for them to sell online.
I'm not at all convinced that forcibly kidnapping and possibly murdering a child would have fitted into their "business model" so to speak.

Before I continue I want to say that the majority of child kidnaps (especially those with a sexual motive) are unplanned spur of the moment things. It's not easy to know a child's whereabouts at any time (they don't follow routines like us oldies) or to know when they will be alone. Its usually someone who sees an unattended child and makes their move in the spur of the moment.

With this in mind, it seems to me that no one knew Junior would be where he was. He was supposed to have been gardening at a friend/neighbour's home and then for some reason he was spotted in the evening riding around the area. It seems no one knew what his specific location would be that evening.
Now location. Having looked at a modern map of the area where he lived and where his spare wheel rim were located by the tennis courts it strikes me that the whole area is very residential. Not big open spaces, parks or fields but just houses and gardens. It doesn't seem like an area where a potential kidnapper woukd just hang around looking for kids to take.

All this makes me think that this was a spur of the moment kidnapping. Someone happened to be at that place at that time while Junior was alone and took their opportunity. I believe that this was either someone who lived in a house nearby to where the tennis courts were located. Or someone with a vehicle large enough to yaks both Junior and his bicycle.
I favour someone with a large vehicle for one reason. After taking Junior and then throwing the bicycle in after, this person was in a rush to get out of there and left the spare wheel rim. A homeowner could probably have gone and collected this.

Since there was clearly a pedophile ring operating locally its quite probable that there were more people involved than the 3 we know about. Potentially someone who's name was never connected who had more violent tendencies.
It could also have been a strange coincidence.
Or is it possible that Junior had threatened to tell someone what was happening and had to be gotten rid of? (If this is the case the reverse happened as his disappearance ended up outing the pedophiles).

I have wondered whether LE's decision not to press Kowalski etc further in this disappearance was because they recognised there was a discrepancy in M.O. even though he is clearly a POI.

I have attached a map of the area below. The yellow line indicates the street where Junior lived and the red pin is where I believe the tennis courts were his spare rim were located:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122_130731_Maps~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122_130731_Maps~2.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 2
In these cases I always wonder... how is something like this possible? An adult, a large person with a mature mentality, supposedly abused a child with a small, undeveloped body. What interest could there be? These degenerate patients know what they are doing, they should not go to a mental institution, they should go straight to death row... the clue that they saw him with a group of homeless people does not seem plausible to me... I really believe that degenerate types They took him away, abused him and brutally killed him... I hope that when he left, this little boy did not suffer so much...
either way
rest in peace

There are certainly a number of different possible scenarios which might explain Junior's disappearance. Some of them could be interconnected with other scenarios. For instance, a forceful abduction by a complete stranger might have occurred, but it is also possible that such a stranger (to Junior) might have been in some way associated with other pedophiles in the area.

Another scenario might be that Junior died (maybe accidentally) while in custody of one of the ring's pedophiles, and his body was disposed of to avoid discovery and unwanted police attention to their secret practices.

It has now been over 31 years since Junior went missing. His case remains unsolved.

You know what is odd? I did a public records request on this case a few years ago and the Prince George's County Police Department told me they lost the case file.

That is so disheartening. To lose all that information, evidence, potential leads, etc.

I wonder when they lost it. During a move? A fire? Or do they just have no idea.

That’s terrible news for his loved ones.

They should at least get DNA on file as a safe measure/precaution of sorts. If they don’t have it already that is.

That is so disheartening. To lose all that information, evidence, potential leads, etc.

I wonder when they lost it. During a move? A fire? Or do they just have no idea.

They should at least get DNA on file as a safe measure/precaution of sorts. If they don’t have it already that is.

It is not surprising that the PG County Police would decline a request for records on this case, since it is an open investigation. But their reason given as having "lost the case file" sounds odd.

The FBI was also listed as being involved in the investigation into Junior's disappearance. It is possible that they have the case file in their possession.

I believe that Junior's family did provide DNA to investigators.

Ah, forgive me for the misquote but here is the screenshot of the e-mail from Prince George's County Police Department

69ie67.png

It is not surprising that the PG County Police would decline a request for records on this case, since it is an open investigation. But their reason given as having "lost the case file" sounds odd.

The FBI was also listed as being involved in the investigation into Junior's disappearance. It is possible that they have the case file in their possession.

I believe that Junior's family did provide DNA to investigators.

I pondered it may have been given to the FBI as well as Richard mentioned above but generally they'd share the same investigative file.

I considered the fact it's open and might be denied on those grounds but I've seen agencies release documents from open cases redacted. Unless they're trying to hide something, typically they would want the case in the public eye and are willing to have some discretion in deciding what is exempt and what is not.

Either way, this still sounds suspicious and I can't imagine they're just lying to avoid a public records request; it isn't the right way to do it it anyways. Typically there should be a letter of denial, reasons why, and any state statutes accompanying it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtsabo
Back