Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Knox
I agree with you about Danielle.
Her grandmother is so worried and heart broken.

Danielle Tyler’s grandmother and legal guardian, is also reeling from her loved one’s disappearance.

Danielle went through a break-up in March and recently began dating Merrell, Sherry told Oxygen.com. She said that Danielle began hanging out with him and a new group of friends following her break-up — becoming more secretive and spending nights away from the home she shares with Sherry and her siblings. In early April she came over to gather some clothes, and she declined to share details about what she'd been up to recently, Sherry said

Danielle is a high school senior who was supposed to graduate this year, before the coronavirus pushed back commencement ceremonies. Sherry said she has been taking a video production and photography class and aspires to a photography career. Danielle, who has curly hair, always wears a backpack containing a flat iron to combat any undesired frizz and curls.

I love her more than life itself,” Sherry told Oxygen.com. “All she has to do is reach out and I will be there.”

While choking up, she said directly to her grandchild: “If you can get this message, pick up the phone, call me. I will be there. I have your back no matter what. I will be there.”

She said if Danielle knew about Merrell’s criminal record, maybe she wouldn’t have gotten involved with him. He has been convicted for a 2016 kidnapping. While he was sentenced to 20 years in 2017, he was released on mandatory supervision in January, Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services spokesperson Mark Vernarelli told Carroll County News.

All above from oxygen. See Link, higher up in thread.
I got a lump in my throat reading what Sherry had to say. I have two granddaughter's 5&7, so I get it. God I hope this ends well for Sherry!

A fourth arrest has been made in the murder.

"Kearneysville, WV (KM) The Jefferson County, West Virginia Sheriff’s Office says a fourth person has been arrested for the murder of Taneytown man. Emily Rose Day of Westminster was taken into on Friday by Maryland State Police. She’s charged with being an accessory before and after the fact in connection with the slaying of Jonathan Riddle."

Fourth Person Arrested For The Murder Of A Taneytown Man | WFMD-AM
Monroe Merrell- Log into Facebook | Facebook
John Black- Log into Facebook | Facebook
David Sanford- Log into Facebook | Facebook
Emily Day Rose- Log into Facebook | Facebook

Emily is in a relationship with David Sanford and has children with him.

Not adding up to me...Sanford is 26, has a girlfriend Emily Rose who he has children with who appears similar or younger in age, and he lives in a neighborhood that probably doesn't cost more than a few hundred dollars a month in rent. Not exactly a picture of wealth. Yet he has a live in nanny in Heather?

Does "critically missing" mean something in particular? I haven't heard that term before.
A "critical missing person" is defined as any person under the age of 15 or over the age of 65, or anyone that, based on the specific circumstances (e.g., mentally incapacitated, patient who presents an imminent danger to him/herself or others, in a life threatening situation, real or suspected danger of foul play, etc ...

Missing Persons - DC.gov

missing.dc.gov

Not adding up to me...Sanford is 26, has a girlfriend Emily Rose who he has children with who appears similar or younger in age, and he lives in a neighborhood that probably doesn't cost more than a few hundred dollars a month in rent. Not exactly a picture of wealth. Yet he has a live in nanny in Heather?
Yeah, that's pretty hinky isn't it? Where did you get that information, I must have missed it.

ETA-
She said she believes her granddaughter fell in with the wrong crowd before she disappeared. Through conversations with friends and friends of friends, Sherry Tyler has learned that her granddaughter was staying at the home of a man named David Sanford.

Sanford and two other men, Monroe Merrell and John Black III, are behind bars — charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping in West Virginia in connection with the March 18 death of a Taneytown man, according to the Sun.

Attorney and plea information for Sandford, Merrell and Black was not available Friday.

Grogg’s sister, Brandie Hebb, told the Sun her sister was a live-in babysitter at Sanford’s home in Westminster before she was reported missing by their mother on April 6.

“I’m thinking in my head she witnessed something and she’s in trouble,” Hebb told the Sun. “It’s highly unlike her not to speak with anyone and drop off the face of the Earth.”
2 Missing Md. Women, 18 and 33, Are 'in Danger' — and Police Think They're Possibly Together

The Federal Bureau of Investigation identified the deceased as Riddle through fingerprint records, charging documents say. An autopsy revealed the cause of death was numerous stab wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. The death was ruled a homicide.

An informant told police Riddle was set on fire to destroy evidence, according to charging documents.

Police found the barefoot body in a wooded area about 40 feet from the road, according to charging documents. A trail of blood led to the body from a large pool of blood on the road. The investigating officer wrote that, based on the evidence, he believed Riddle was still alive when he arrived at the area.

Through their investigation, police connected a 2015 Chevrolet Malibu with Maryland license plates to the incident, charging documents state. The documents did not explain how police did this.

The vehicle was found in the 1000 block of Stone Road in Westminster on March 20, which led to police to speak with Merrell, who appeared nervous and had a small cut on his hand, charging documents read.

Police searched the vehicle and found a bloodstain on the passenger side doorsill, according to charging documents. The police report did not say who owned the vehicle.
3 Carroll County men charged with murder in West Virginia; Taneytown man was stabbed, set on fire, police say

Charging documents state that police learned Riddle had been at Sanford’s Westminster residence late at night March 17 to meet with Heather Grogg. Her sister, Brandie Hebb, told the Times that Grogg and Riddle were friends. An informant told police they saw Merrell fighting with Riddle in Sanford’s home, Merrell restrained Riddle and told Sanford to stab Riddle, charging documents read.

The informant said they saw Sanford stab Riddle twice in the stomach, Riddle tried to escape but he was subdued; his feet and hands were bound with a sheet, according to charging documents.

Multiple people were at Sanford’s residence when the assault began, including Black, the informant told police. Black was involved in transporting Riddle, and Black said he stabbed Riddle several times, according to the informant, charging documents state.

While Riddle was still alive, he was taken to West Virginia, then stabbed numerous times and set on fire, the informant told police.
3 Carroll County men charged with murder in West Virginia; Taneytown man was stabbed, set on fire, police say

Last edited:
Jonathan Travis Riddle (1987 - 2020)
Obituary

photo_092733_6639488_1_Photo1_cropped_20200321.jpg
Jonathan Travis Riddle, 33, of Taneytown, Maryland, died on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Born January 12, 1987 in Westminster, Maryland, he was the son of Joseph and Sylvia (Spielman) Riddle of Taneytown. He was the husband of Diana (Bergman) Riddle. Jon was very devoted and loved his mother, Sylvia, dearly. He loved spending time with his step-children, nieces and nephews. He enjoyed going camping, on cruises and traveling along with his wife, Diana. Surviving in addition to his parents and wife are step-children, Gabriel and Madeline Denrich, siblings, Timothy Riddle and wife Heidi, Angie, Matthew, Josh, and Wesley Riddle all of Taneytown; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Mark and Vicki Bergman of N.Y.; and many nieces and nephews. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Arrange
ments have been entrusted to the MYERS-DURBORAW FUNERAL HOME, in Taneytown, MD.
View Jonathan Riddle's Obituary on carrollcountytimes.com and share memories

So a passer-by reported the body on fire? Or a member of the group that brought the victim there had a conscience?

Police ID him based on fingerprints then make a few calls and figure out where he was the night before, I guess.

How does a 20 year sentence for kidnapping in 2017 result in a free man in 2020?

What is with the 2 different last names for Danielle, Faviere & Taylor? Her FB says she goes to high school in Colorado, but she lives in Maryland?

I found the answer to why Monroe Merrell is out of prison:

4th person charged in stabbing death of man whose body was left burning in West Virginia

"The Carroll County Times noted that in 2017, Merrell took an Alford plea for kidnapping a woman at knifepoint in 2016. He was sentenced to 20 years with all but five years suspended."

What with deducting time served before being sentence, and with good conduct and work credits, the time served after he was sentenced would have possibly been substantially less than 5 years.

So you have this engaged couple with 4 kids, Heather and Dani staying at Sanford's. They have a party of some sort, a fight ensues, a man is murdered and dumped. Good God what was going on in that house on a daily basis? Drugs? I hope and pray those children were not in the home or awake when all of this happened! Hopefully Heather and Dani will re-surface now that those involved are in jail. Or could there be others that were in attendance that might seek revenge for "snitching"? I do think Heather could be the informant and thankfully she "informed" so justice could be served. Merrell sounds like quite the piece of work. :mad:

While not a "nice" area, the rent is probably 900 to 1000 dollars a month or more. (Not to say there might not be government aid to pay for it). I don't think we are talking a trained nanny either. JMO. I think this might run much deeper than what has come to light so far.

While not a "nice" area, the rent is probably 900 to 1000 dollars a month or more. (Not to say there might not be government aid to pay for it). I don't think we are talking a trained nanny either. JMO. I think this might run much deeper than what has come to light so far.
My "few hundred a month" was based on looking at the low prices on houses for sale in that neighborhood not based on any solid information I have on their situation. Apologies. I am in Westminster frequently and back in November I was at the gas station across the street from where this party happened and I was amazed at how many "kids" around 20 years old were just hanging around there at the gas station in mid afternoon. Nothing nefarious or threatening, just odd that on a day when the weather wasn't good there were 8 or 10 kids standing around outside and a few more in the small convenience store.

I've seen this mentioned on various pages in connection with Heather & Dani. A young man by the name of Austin Blizzard was also reportedly missing? Is he no longer missing?
Missing Persons Planet on Twitter
There is a person with that same name in the newspaper in July 2019 involved in an assault.

My "few hundred a month" was based on looking at the low prices on houses for sale in that neighborhood not based on any solid information I have on their situation. Apologies. I am in Westminster frequently and back in November I was at the gas station across the street from where this party happened and I was amazed at how many "kids" around 20 years old were just hanging around there at the gas station in mid afternoon. Nothing nefarious or threatening, just odd that on a day when the weather wasn't good there were 8 or 10 kids standing around outside and a few more in the small convenience store.
No need for apologies. That area of town frequently has a lot of people hanging around. One of the not so nice parts of Westminster (IMO)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back