Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is he is still missing (no solid information) & he is the person who was charged with assault in 2019. Have to say MOO because I can't back up with any news site that he is missing.
I found a MSM article on the assault but wasn't comfortable posting it here due to TOS. He is not one of the people missing per the thread headline and he isn't named as a suspect or POI.

Where does Grogg, the second missing woman, fit in?

According to her sister, Brandie Hebb, Grogg had been a live-in babysitter for Sanford for about three months prior to Riddle’s death.

Hebb, who initially spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisals but later went on the record, said she never had any concerns about her sister living at Sanford’s home: “They were safe people in my eyes.”

Sanford is the godfather of Hebb’s daughter.

The only time she heard her sister complain about the living situation was when Sanford and his girlfriend would leave for several hours at a time. Grogg mentioned they went to West Virginia a few times, Hebb said.

According to Hebb, the woman who investigators said Riddle had come to Sanford’s to meet on March 17 was Grogg. She and Riddle were friends, Hebb said.

Hebb came across Riddle’s obituary one day and sent it to her sister.

“She seemed like she knew nothing about it,” Hebb said.

She last spoke to her sister on the phone April 4. Their mother reported Grogg missing April 6.
With two Carroll County women ‘missing and in danger,’ those close to them ‘desperate’ for a safe return

As a Carroll county resident, I can assure you that Austin Blizzard is missing and his family is very concerned for his safety. Nobody knows the connection between him and Monroe. His wife just had a newborn son. They recently arrested David Sanfords wife and are now considering the murder as planned, rather than incidental. It would be great if people would stop making assumptions about people. Their family is hurting and everyone has something to say about it. Let’s just wait it out. We will find out what’s going on rather than making speculations!

Attachments

• E5E6F931-74C7-4D0E-ADD4-2B8FEE193293.jpeg
    E5E6F931-74C7-4D0E-ADD4-2B8FEE193293.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
MISSING: 2 women with ties to grisly murder suspects haven’t been seen since early April

Maryland State Police are looking for two missing women who have ties to the kidnapping and murder of a man whose burning body was found last month at the end of a trial of blood in rural West Virginia.

According to her sister, Grogg is the woman 33-year-old Jonathan Riddle was visiting at a home in Westminster, Maryland, on March 17, when he was allegedly killed by three men — one of whom may be Tyler’s boyfriend, the Carroll County Times reported.

Maryland State Police spokesman Greg Shipley said investigators consider Tyler and Grogg “critically missing and in danger.”

“We cannot be more specific about why we believe this, due to the impact the release of investigative information at this time could have on ongoing investigations,” he said.

Black, Merrell, and Sanford were all arrested earlier in April, after Grogg and Tyler were reported missing. Sanford and Black are being held in Jefferson County, West Virginia, and Merrell is being held in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Day is awaiting an extradition hearing in Carroll County, Maryland, and all four are being held without bond. The three men have been charged with first degree murder and kidnapping.

Maryland State Police asked that anyone with any information about Grogg and Tyler contact the Westminster barrack at 410-386-3000.

10% cc due to TOS/WS
More @ link

As a Carroll county resident, I can assure you that Austin Blizzard is missing and his family is very concerned for his safety. Nobody knows the connection between him and Monroe. His wife just had a newborn son. They recently arrested David Sanfords wife and are now considering the murder as planned, rather than incidental. It would be great if people would stop making assumptions about people. Their family is hurting and everyone has something to say about it. Let’s just wait it out. We will find out what’s going on rather than making speculations!
Great, finally someone that can speak to why none of the news articles are including Austin. I also shared the missing planet post upthread.

Was Austin at Sanford's house the night Riddle was murdered? Can you speculate what the motive for JR's murder was?

This is a crime discussion forum. Speculation with TOS is not only allowed, but is the whole reason we exist. Without it, there is no discussion. I am confused as to why he initially was mentioned in conjunction with Heather & Dani missing, but is not in any of the current media.

In your opinion, are drugs (sale or use) involved?

I can’t speculate on Austin, but I did grow up with Monroe merrel. I was very close to him and I know that in the few days prior to his arrest he began selling cocaine again. There is speculation that Dani and heather are involved in the planning of the murder after Sanfords wife was arrested.... they are now believed to be on the run rather than missing... but again, none of this has officially been put in the news... just town talk... Dani Tyler’s Grandmother speaks of her hanging out with a shady crowd days before her disappearance. While I did grow up very close to Austin and Monroe I know nothing more of Austin other than him being an outstanding father and a productive member of society.

I have no new updates as of this morning. I do find it interesting that AB has had little said about him being missing. The whole case appears to have at least 7 people involved now, probably more.

It's been weeks since these three went missing. No word back to family, that I can tell. That, to me, is not a good sign.

Might there be a bigger picture here? Other players? There almost HAS to be a serious investigation underway, behind the scenes.

“Charging documents state that police learned Riddle had been at Sanford’s Westminster residence late at night March 17 to meet with Heather Grogg. Her sister, Brandie Hebb, told the Times that Grogg and Riddle were friends.”

Why was Riddle visiting Heather late at night on March 17th. Late at night doesn’t sound like a “stop by to say hello” type of visit? Maybe have a beer? Schools were closed, bars and restaurants take out only. Did Riddle know Sanford?

The live in babysitter gig is kind of strange.
Was it free room/board for watching the kids? Did both parents work and that’s why they needed a live in nanny position?
JMO

The Maryland Center for Missing and Unidentified Persons does not list Austin as missing. If you know he is missing you should contact the Westminster Police, the State Police, or National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). I hate to think someone is missing and in need of help and nobody in a position to track him knows to be looking.

Missing Persons Planet (@Home4theMissing) states clearly "Not affiliated with any organization" so it is possible no LE resources are being used to find Austin until he is reported missing.

Maryland Center for Missing and Unidentified Persons (MCMUP)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I hope I didn't offend anyone by bringing up the old charge against Austin. Saying he was charged with a crime gives some people, myself included, a less than positive view of him but in reading the article it was clear he was justified in what he did, and pretty restrained for not doing more IMO.

Hopefully anyone interested has googled it and found the article.

“Charging documents state that police learned Riddle had been at Sanford’s Westminster residence late at night March 17 to meet with Heather Grogg. Her sister, Brandie Hebb, told the Times that Grogg and Riddle were friends.”

Why was Riddle visiting Heather late at night on March 17th. Late at night doesn’t sound like a “stop by to say hello” type of visit? Maybe have a beer? Schools were closed, bars and restaurants take out only. Did Riddle know Sanford?

The live in babysitter gig is kind of strange.
Was it free room/board for watching the kids? Did both parents work and that’s why they needed a live in nanny position?
JMO
I'm curious about the answers to those questions too? JR was married, so it shouldn't have been a romantic visit. Still no mention of a motive for his murder.

If, and this is pure speculation, Heather and Dani are hiding out. That's a far better situation than I suspected, so hopefully that's the case. There are a lot of players in this case. The more people involved, the better for LE. Someone always talks, and the media keeps mentioning an "informant".

Thank you to @stattlich1 for starting this thread, it's a head scratcher for sure.

The Maryland Center for Missing and Unidentified Persons does not list Austin as missing. If you know he is missing you should contact the Westminster Police, the State Police, or National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). I hate to think someone is missing and in need of help and nobody in a position to track him knows to be looking.

Missing Persons Planet (@Home4theMissing) states clearly "Not affiliated with any organization" so it is possible no LE resources are being used to find Austin until he is reported missing.

Maryland Center for Missing and Unidentified Persons (MCMUP)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I saw on multiple family member pages last night, that he has been reported missing to police. IMO, there is something going on behind the scenes which LE is not going to put out for public consumption. Just a guess though. Hopefully someone with direct knowledge will come here and prove me wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back