Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No. Some Facebook posts. I don’t frequent Westminster so I could have missed posters.
Unfortunately I think the families are afraid.
I was thinking of going to Westminster to put some up but I guess in this age where we are not going outside posters aren't much help. I like the idea they may be hiding and will come home safe. And hope that is soon, nobody needs extra stress right now.

I was thinking of going to Westminster to put some up but I guess in this age where we are not going outside posters aren't much help. I like the idea they may be hiding and will come home safe. And hope that is soon, nobody needs extra stress right now.

Why would they be hiding? All three of them? Together?

Are they evading the police so as to attempt to avoid charges in the murder case? Or are they in fear for their lives?

I saw mention of the fear piece. It makes me wonder if some gang related activity may be part of this situation.

It's been quite some time, with no contact with family. My gut's telling me they're not hiding. I fear the worst, hope I am wrong.

I think I may have found a reason Heather was living with Sanford, exchanging living expenses for childcare.

Court System: Circuit Court For Carroll County - Family
Case Number: 06-C-08-051689
Title: CCDS/BOSE, et al vs Heather Marie Grogg
Case Type: Child Support
Filing Date: 09/18/2008
Case Status: Reopened
Maryland Judiciary Case Search Disclaimer

Court System: Circuit Court For Carroll County - Criminal
Case Number: C-06-CR-19-000732
Title: State of Maryland vs. Austin Curtis Blizzard
Case Type: Criminal - JTP
Filing Date: 08/23/2019
Case Status: Open
Tracking Number(s): 191001270062

File Date: 01/21/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Criminal Notice of Hearing / Trial
File Date: 01/21/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Order
File Date: 02/18/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Returned Mail
File Date: 03/16/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Criminal Notice of Hearing / Trial
File Date: 03/30/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Returned Mail
File Date: 04/15/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Motion / Request for Writ of Habeas Corpus
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us

Case Number: 06-K-16-047580
Title: State of Maryland vs Monroe Merrell
Case Type: Criminal Indictment
Filing Date: 09/15/2016
Tracking Number(s): 161001629740

File Date: 04/23/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Probation Report
Filed By:
Document Name: Report from Parole and Probation
File Date: 04/24/2020
Filed By:
Document Name: Order/Rul - Issue Warrant for VOP With Charging Documents
Filed By:
Document Name: Bench Warrant Issued
Filed By:
Document Name: Writ /Summons/Pleading - Electronic Service

I think I may have found a reason Heather was living with Sanford, exchanging living expenses for childcare.

Court System: Circuit Court For Carroll County - Family
Case Number: 06-C-08-051689
Title: CCDS/BOSE, et al vs Heather Marie Grogg
Case Type: Child Support
Filing Date: 09/18/2008
Maryland Judiciary Case Search Disclaimer
Wow, that case is 11 years old and has been reopened 7 times! Anyone know if that is unusual?

Case Number: 06-K-16-047580
Title: State of Maryland vs Monroe Merrell
Case Type: Criminal Indictment
Filing Date: 09/15/2016
Tracking Number(s): 161001629740

Filed By:
Document Name: Probation Report
Filed By:
Document Name: Report from Parole and Probation
Filed By:
Document Name: Order/Rul - Issue Warrant for VOP With Charging Documents
Filed By:
Document Name: Bench Warrant Issued
Filed By:
Document Name: Writ /Summons/Pleading - Electronic Service

Interesting that the last time he was in trouble with the law he lived in Carroll County, MD but was picked up by Virginia Beach police. Last week when he knew he was in trouble in Carroll County he went back to Virginia Beach.

Several cases of those involved have been reopened. In fact, HG & AB had pending court cases with unsuccessful attempts at service right before the murder happened o_O
Thanks so much for the links to the Maryland Judiciary case search. The 3 that were originally arrested for the murder of JR are no strangers to LE.

FBI Searching For Missing Maryland Mother Heather Grogg And Teen Danielle Tyler; Disappearance May Have Ties To Jonathan Riddle's Murder
4 -27 update (same info)

The FBI and Maryland State Police are looking for two missing Maryland women who have ties to two men charged in the murder of a 33-year-old Carroll County man.

The FBI report missing 18-year-old Danielle Tyler and 33-year-old Heather Grogg could be traveling together and are “in danger.” They were last seen in Carroll County on April 6.

The case is now getting national attention after authorities learned the two missing women had links to suspects recently arrested in the March 18 murder of Jonathan Riddle, also of Taneytown.

Danielle Tyler was dating Merrell, according to her grandmother, who also spoke to Oxygen. Tyler is a high school senior who’s school went online in March following the coronavirus pandemic. Her grandmother last heard from her on April 6. Merrell was arrested in Virginia Beach. He has not waived extradition and we are advised that his next court date is scheduled for May 18.
Riddle is survived by his wife Diana, his stepchildren and parents.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI’s Pittsburgh Field Office at (412) 432-4000, your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

More @ link

Maryland, where all these people are from or were last seen, is much closer to FBI HQ in Washington than it is to Pittsburgh. There is also an FBI field office in Baltimore just 25 miles from Westminster, MD. Why is the Pittsburgh FBI office the primary contact? Is that due to the location of the murder in West Virginia? Or do different field offices specialize in different types of crimes?

Last edited:
Maryland, where all these people are from or were last scene, is much closer to FBI HQ in Washington than it is to Pittsburgh. There is also an FBI field office in Baltimore just 25 miles from Westminster, MD. Why is the Pittsburgh FBI office the primary contact? Is that due to the location of the murder in West Virginia? Or do different field offices specialize in different types of crimes?

I was just about to post the same question. Why Pittsburgh?

MOO, what could have become of 3 missing adults? Deceased? Kidnapped and being held hostage? Or runaway's wanting to begin a new life?

My gut tells me the outcome here might be bad. The whole situation is frightening. Seriously? THREE missing adults, and nobody has heard a peep? That's not good, not good at all.

MOO, what could have become of 3 missing adults? Deceased? Kidnapped and being held hostage? Or runaway's wanting to begin a new life?

My gut tells me the outcome here might be bad. The whole situation is frightening. Seriously? THREE missing adults, and nobody has heard a peep? That's not good, not good at all.
It must be because the murder scene is West Virginia. The FBI website says the Pittsburgh office is responsible for all of WV.

So obviously the FBI has some evidence that the missing women are for sure connected to the murder, otherwise Baltimore FBI would be responsible.

"3311 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
pittsburgh.fbi.gov
(412) 432-4000

Covers 25 counties in western Pennsylvania as well as the entire state of West Virginia"

Also, the FBI is clear they are only looking for the 2 women. I'm not sure what to make of the 3rd person who we have seen reported missing not showing up in LE or MSM. I can only guess, MOO, LE has reason to believe the 2 women are together and he is not with them.

A producer from Dateline Andrea Cavallier, contacted Dani's Grandmother today. She's going to write a news article. Hopefully we'll get some updated information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod
Back