Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No real news in this article, but the dailymail has picked up the story.

Why do you think they include the "nearest American Embassy or Consulate" in this article though?

"If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI’s Pittsburgh Field Office at (412) 432-4000, your local FBI office, Maryland State Police, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. You can also call 911."

Missing Maryland mother, 33, and high school student, 18, are in 'critical danger' | Daily Mail Online

No real news in this article, but the dailymail has picked up the story.

Why do you think they include the "nearest American Embassy or Consulate" in this article though?

"If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI’s Pittsburgh Field Office at (412) 432-4000, your local FBI office, Maryland State Police, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. You can also call 911."

Missing Maryland mother, 33, and high school student, 18, are in 'critical danger' | Daily Mail Online
The option to contact an Embassy/Consulate is standard language in all FBI posts.

So what could have happened nineteen days after the murder? If the girls were involved, were investigator's getting too close and they were scared and fled to avoid arrest?

Or were investigator's getting too close for comfort, they were considered the weak links and needed to be eliminated?

The option to contact an Embassy/Consulate is standard language in all FBI posts.

So what could have happened nineteen days after the murder? If the girls were involved, were investigator's getting too close and they were scared and fled to avoid arrest?

Or were investigator's getting too close for comfort, they were considered the weak links and needed to be eliminated?

Thanks for the info on the Embassy thing. It just sounded odd to me.

At this time, I'm of the opinion they fled to avoid arrest, although they could just as well be long dead. It's all speculation. I've seen no leads, no word on their potential whereabouts, nothing.

I have a feeling this entire situation is gang/drug related, with tentacles reaching from Taneytown to Baltimore, but could be flat out wrong on that too.

From FBI Pittsburgh, DT is front page, wanted by the FBI, and considered missing.

Pittsburgh — FBI

Thanks for the info on the Embassy thing. It just sounded odd to me.

At this time, I'm of the opinion they fled to avoid arrest, although they could just as well be long dead. It's all speculation. I've seen no leads, no word on their potential whereabouts, nothing.

I have a feeling this entire situation is gang/drug related, with tentacles reaching from Taneytown to Baltimore, but could be flat out wrong on that too.

From FBI Pittsburgh, DT is front page, wanted by the FBI, and considered missing.

Pittsburgh — FBI

I think you are correct, this is going to be drug related or maybe even induced.

Anyone had luck finding a Jefferson County WV court record search?
No. Frustrating. It looks like a clickbait site, but searchquarry dot com says WV court records must be requested in person.

I found the WV inmate search and have case numbers.
DS case # is 20-M19F-00060
JB case # is 20-M19F-00064

MM and ERD are not in WV yet so no case numbers.

Search - OIS Search

Last edited:

MOO, investigators were getting very close and HG and DT fled. I don't know if they fled from LE or from perceived danger from DS, MM, JB, or anybody else. Westminster is not a big place and seeing WV Sheriffs around town probably made everyone involved antsy. Also, arrest warrants for DS and MM were issued April 9 so by April 6 LE had a good idea what had happened.

It appears Danielle and Heather may have been associated with, or some how connected to, these guys.

3 Carroll Co. Men Charged In West Virginia Killing

thumb-400.jpg
Merrell looks dead in his eyes. MOO.
I am just starting to read about this case but I already have a very strong feeling that Merrell was (is) a budding psychopath. IMHO.
Now some of you who have seen my many other posts know that I generally see the best in everyone, always giving people the benefit of the doubt. But this guy, my gut says he’s different.

No. Frustrating. It looks like a clickbait site, but searchquarry dot com says WV court records must be requested in person.

I found the WV inmate search and have case numbers.
DS case # is 20-M19F-00060
JB case # is 20-M19F-00064

MM and ERD are not in WV yet so no case numbers.

Search - OIS Search
You got further than I did, only found SC rulings.

There's also VINELink

Last edited:
MM is charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping
DS is charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping
JB is charged with 1st degree murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit murder.

Why does JB get the extra charge?? Pure speculation on my part, LE has evidence to put MM and DS away but JB was only the driver of the car so the extra charge is because they can't pin the murder on him. If they threaten him with conspiracy he might cooperate to get the charges reduced.

I could be way off. Maybe JB gets the extra charge because he planned it ahead of time?

MOO
Conspiracy, like attempt and criminal solicitation, is considered an inchoate (not fully formed or developed) crime. This means that the criminal result need not have occurred for liability to attach. If two people, for example plan the murder of an individual they can be liable for conspiracy even if they do not actually commit the murder. The substantive crime is murder and conspiracy to commit murder is inchoate because it has not been completed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back