MD - Ji'Aire Lee, 3, found dead in swing pushed by mom, La Plata, 22 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • James Lee went to court last week to get sole custody of his son Ji-Aire
  • He was deeply concerned about the mental health of the child's mother, 24-year-old Romechia Simms
  • The judge denied his request; days later the 3-year-old was found dead in a swing at a Maryland park being pushed by his mother
  • An autopsy is complete but a cause of death was not determined. Toxicology tests will be carried out on the boy
  • The mother remains in hospital; no arrests have been made but foul play has not been ruled out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3097331/Pictured-3-year-old-boy-dead-playground-swing-pushed-mother-s-revealed-father-filed-sole-custody-days-before.html

The custody battle is making this not look good. She could have had severe post partum but I'm not 100% sure it would last 3 years but don't see why it couldn't be possible without treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how long this concerned citizen sees this woman pushing a child on a swing that they feel compelled to call the cops?

If I drive or walk by and mom is pushing kid and I do the same three hours later then six hours later, at no point do I think to call the police!

Sorry but the court system is making me very angry. My own family has gone through this. Thankfully the children are teens now but are damaged because courts allowed them to be abused by a sick mother through visitation alone. Judges seem to think they can 'fix' mother/children relationships by allowing visitation privledges whether it hurts a child or not.

Sorry but the court system is making me very angry. My own family has gone through this. Thankfully the children are teens now but are damaged because courts allowed them to be abused by a sick mother through visitation alone. Judges seem to think they can 'fix' mother/children relationships by allowing visitation privledges whether it hurts a child or not.
It is the same here in Canada, my poor friend has 2 boys and the one boys dad is terrible :(. He came home from a visit and told his mom that his dad and dads gf were doing "lines" while this was brought to the attention of CPS he still has to go for visits. The gf has 5 kids and does not have custody of either, the very system that is there to protect children is failing world wide.

Courts are just inherently Pro-Mother.

That was my first thought when I read that. If in fact, the father is telling the truth, and he presented evidence that the mother was not mentally competent to take care of the child, and the judge still let the mother keep custody, then that judge has got a problem.

I wonder how long this concerned citizen sees this woman pushing a child on a swing that they feel compelled to call the cops?

If I drive or walk by and mom is pushing kid and I do the same three hours later then six hours later, at no point do I think to call the police!

Hate to suggest it, but perhaps there were things to indicate that the baby was dead.

You might think it terribly odd to see a mom pushing a child in a swing very late at night, then again at three in the morning. And maybe there was something odd about way the way the baby wasn't moving.

But obviously somebody did call police when the saw this woman pushing her child on a swing for hours. And with good reason.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29137135/mother-3-year-old-swing

I've seen 2 articles state that an eye witness heard the child crying earlier, so he was alive at least for awhile. (Can only find one link). Both said the mother made eye contact with them and seems they felt uncomfortable by the way she looked at them.

My guess is, she poisoned him somehow and waited for him to pass. I hope I am wrong about that though.

My heart goes out to the family. RIP little man.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29137135/mother-3-year-old-swing

I've seen 2 articles state that an eye witness heard the child crying earlier, so he was alive at least for awhile. (Can only find one link). Both said the mother made eye contact with them and seems they felt uncomfortable by the way she looked at them.
What the link above says:

Key's child saw the mother and son at the park Thursday night.

“He said that he was crying, so he was alive, and she looked up and looked at him and he looked at her and he put her head down,” Key said.

What I get from it is the witness saw the baby crying and the mom made eye contact with the witness, freaked him out and he put his head down.

Witchcraft, exorcism of demons. Just wait.

Odd question, but does anyone have any links to where this case has been reported on via news, but on Facebook if that makes sense? Sometimes you can learn a lot from what locals comment etc :) TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm bipolar. Great this is going start a circus of people with ANY mental illness not being able to care for kids. And yes depression and anxiety are mental illnesses. I'm going to guess she went off her meds.

Well, so far it sounds more like both parents were vying for "sole" custody--which means they probably were looking at joint custody. Maybe it's just me, but I have doubts a parent (ill or not) would kill their child over having to share custody. JMO.

It has happened before, it'll happen again. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back