MD - Ji'Aire Lee, 3, found dead in swing pushed by mom, La Plata, 22 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reminds me of seeing a polar bear mom dragging a dead cub around with her for several days after the cub died. I'm sorry this story was reported.

Rather than being sorry, let's honor this example of a mother's love--even to the point of madness. Even if she was somehow responsible for the child's death, this is still a more positive story than young mothers who leave their babies in trash cans because a child is inconvenient.

I wonder what caused the mom to be so "distraught" that she felt the need to push her child in the swing for so long. Then the other part of me wonders if the toddler had some kind of illness, maybe incurable and she simply wanted to take him to the park for some fun in the swing. I would think she would have noticed her son was dead??? She wasn't the one who called for help but a concerned citizen did.

Without more information, this does seem to be a loving act, in the depths of what appears to be crippling grief.

Rather than being sorry, let's honor this example of a mother's love--even to the point of madness. Even if she was somehow responsible for the child's death, this is still a more positive story than young mothers who leave their babies in trash cans because a child is inconvenient.

The results of this are not going to come out good for the mother. Regardless of whatever might have happened, this woman has got some serious issues.

The results of this are not going to come out good for the mother. Regardless of whatever might have happened, this woman has got some serious issues.

I agree, but I do wonder of her "break" occured after her baby died.

I had a friend whose baby died of SIDS. Her husband came home from work and found her in the baby's crib, out of her mind and cradling their dead son, who had been dead for at least 8 hours.
She had to be involuntarily placed on the psych ward because she was trying to harm herself after they had to take her son's body from her.

I would probably do the same. I can't imagine not losing my mind over my child's death.

I agree, but I do wonder of her "break" occured after her baby died.

I had a friend whose baby died of SIDS. Her husband came home from work and found her in the baby's crib, out of her mind and cradling their dead son, who had been dead for at least 8 hours.
She had to be involuntarily placed on the psych ward because she was trying to harm herself after they had to take her son's body from her.

I would probably do the same. I can't imagine not losing my mind over my child's death.

Just have to say, that story about your friend is heartbreaking. I can't imagine her pain.

That aside (and with all due respect), I would be surprised if this child died without some degree of foul play, whether abuse/neglect, murder, or something else of that nature. SIDS is practically unheard of in 3 year old children.

I will agree that the mother is clearly mentally unstable for whatever reason, and needs psychological help regardless of the circumstances of the child's death.

I was very surprised to learn that parents of stillborn babies can spend a couple of days with the baby's body, bathing it, cuddling it, and dressing it. This is all done at the hospital, and the body is refrigerated so the parents can spend more time.

Simply paralysed by grief. I hope that I never know such profound agony.

This reminds me of swing set scene in 60s movie: Bunny Lake is Missing. A disturbing movie.

Just have to say, that story about your friend is heartbreaking. I can't imagine her pain.

That aside (and with all due respect), I would be surprised if this child died without some degree of foul play, whether abuse/neglect, murder, or something else of that nature. SIDS is practically unheard of in 3 year old children.

I will agree that the mother is clearly mentally unstable for whatever reason, and needs psychological help regardless of the circumstances of the child's death.

The other possibility that has to be considered is that this was deliberately laying the grounds for an insanity defence.

Reminds me of seeing a polar bear mom dragging a dead cub around with her for several days after the cub died. I'm sorry this story was reported.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12288437
Mother dolphin carries dead baby calf for days

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...newborn-baby-heartbreaking-display-grief.html
A mother's sorrow: Macaque monkey spends days carrying her dead newborn baby in heartbreaking display of grief (pictures)

When I saw the headline it reminded me of a documentary about the Macaque that I watched years ago. :(

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12288437
Mother dolphin carries dead baby calf for days

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...newborn-baby-heartbreaking-display-grief.html
A mother's sorrow: Macaque monkey spends days carrying her dead newborn baby in heartbreaking display of grief (pictures)

When I saw the headline it reminded me of a documentary about the Macaque that I watched years ago. :(

Those photos of the monkey and her little one are heartbreaking. :(

People who say animals have no emotion are so wrong. You could see that mothers pain clear as day!

Maybe she just wanted to cling to him for as long as she could. When my baby son died I knew that I could not cope with him being buried in London, or anywhere for that matter. ... Grief after losing a child is so raw, I'm surprised that I ever coped

badhorsie, I am so very sorry about your baby son. I do know that grief can be so consuming and we are not born with instructions as to how to handle it. Believe me, I know.

This is such a heartbreaking story no matter what the reasons are that this mother did this. Maybe swinging was a great joy for this little one that she wanted to do this one last time, then got lost in the grief. I don't know, but the little one and the mother are in my prayers.

*GB you, badhorsie.

Maybe she just wanted to cling to him for as long as she could. When my baby son died I knew that I could not cope with him being buried in London, or anywhere for that matter. ... Grief after losing a child is so raw, I'm surprised that I ever coped

BH I'm so sorry for your lose. {{{hugs}}}}

badhorsie, your post has me in :tears:
I can't imagine losing either of my daughters :no:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Doing so allows the reader to gain insight, empathy and understanding of a deeply personal and painful issue.
We are honored that you chose to do so.
:grouphug:
:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so terribly sad. I wonder what the boy died from.

The other possibility that has to be considered is that this was deliberately laying the grounds for an insanity defence.

Staying with the child in such a way, while likely a mental breakdown, is a loving act, probably not the behaviour of a calculating, insane, murderous monster. I am fairly sure that if one of my children died, I might have a mental collapse too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back