MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe Studio54 is a dead end. It closed in February before Judy went missing and didn't open for over a year later.

there are several reasons I'm pursuing it.
1. She was there; someone knows what happened to her, and I don't know how else to find that person or those persons.
2. The dotted or otherwise line between 54 and the Reagan administration and her presence at the inaugural -- who was she there with, and did they meet at 54 ?
3. It gives ME solace, knowing she was "in her game" and doing really well - doing what she wanted to do. If you're gonna be a hooker, damnit, be the best one you can be and go to the best clubs in New York City.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

By Jaclyn Gallucci on August 18th, 2011

As FBI helicopters were conducting flyovers of Jones Beach Island and a dive team scoured the bottom of Hemlock Cove this past April searching for more possible bodies along Ocean Parkway where 10 sets of human remains were found, at least four of which are believed to be the victims of the same killer, Maureen Sanchez anxiously awaited the release of the identities of the so-called Long Island Serial Killer’s victims.

If you are on Long Island today, pick up a copy. Or, look online. finally, after 30 years, ink on Judy!

And this is the web story (the title is different because we have to put in keywords like “Judith erin o’donnell” and “missing” so it gets picked up by the search engines; also the image looks different on the website because they had to make it smaller to fit on the web page) http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

I just called my parents ... my mother continues to astound me. Denies having the reaction she did when I approached her about the rape. Changes her stories faster than her underpants. What a pity. If I could be as strong punching through the anger I have toward my parents I'd be a better person.

I just called my parents ... my mother continues to astound me. Denies having the reaction she did when I approached her about the rape. Changes her stories faster than her underpants. What a pity. If I could be as strong punching through the anger I have toward my parents I'd be a better person.

Hi Maureen,

Here is a quote that I use quite often and do the punch fists with folks.

"Punch it and make it fly" ...... punch fists together and then spread your fingers and let whatever it is fly away.

Off to read the story.

eleph

Maureen,

I hope with you getting Judy's story out into the public eye, (other than here of course) you will find the answers you need.

The UID found on 46th St in NY didn't even occur to me as being a possible match to Judy. I hope that LE compares them very soon so you know either way. Here is a the Doe Network Link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/337ufny.html

Great job keeping your sister's story alive!!! I wish you had more help from your family....

Anger is normal and natural expecially when it is combined with hurt. Its what you do with the anger that makes the difference.

You are doing the right thing and that is all that matters. Whether you stand alone or not you know in your heart you are doing your best for your sister. She would be so proud of her little sister!

Hi Maureen,

I remembered another Warhol-related web site with photos, but nothing that seems to have Judy in them although I didn't look at every pic.

The owner-photographer was a member of Andy's entourage and he has photos that are grouped by dates. Although many photos are the the mid-to-late-sixties, and he seems to have specialized in celebrity photos in the 70's, perhaps he might have frequented Studio 54 and remember Judy, or even photographed her? It says he still lives in NYC. Maybe he knows somebody who knows somebody who knows something...

Gerard Malanga, poet, photographer, filmmaker, was a major influence on many of the paintings and films created in Andy Warhol's studio, known as The Factory. The New York Times called him "Warhol's most important associate." Besides starring in several Warhol films, he and Andy collaborated on the nearly 500 individual 3-minute "Screen Tests," which resulted in a selection for a book of the same name, published by Kulchur Press (1967).
In 1985, Malanga was appointed by Henry J. Stern, Commissioner of NYC Department of Parks & Recreation, as that agency's first photo archivist, in charge of the Robert Moses historic negative collection, which he single-handedly conserved and catalogued.
I'm not sure if I can link his site since there are some nude photos linked, but if you search his name (or add a dot com), you'll find it. On the stock photos tab, under "Poets and Writers, Editors", there is a Judith with a different last name...could be nothing, and there is no link to the photo. He has a lot more unlinked photos in his archives.

Hi Maureen,

I remembered another Warhol-related web site with photos, but nothing that seems to have Judy in them although I didn't look at every pic.

The owner-photographer was a member of Andy's entourage and he has photos that are grouped by dates. Although many photos are the the mid-to-late-sixties, and he seems to have specialized in celebrity photos in the 70's, perhaps he might have frequented Studio 54 and remember Judy, or even photographed her? It says he still lives in NYC. Maybe he knows somebody who knows somebody who knows something...

I'm not sure if I can link his site since there are some nude photos linked, but if you search his name (or add a dot com), you'll find it. On the stock photos tab, under "Poets and Writers, Editors", there is a Judith with a different last name...could be nothing, and there is no link to the photo. He has a lot more unlinked photos in his archives.

here was my email to him - thanks for the lead - as I've said a billion times on the facebook page - any lead generated - I will followup on.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

Hi, I came across your name as a prominent photographer in NYC in the 60s and 70s, and beyond with significant ties to people my sister claims to have hung out with when she was in NY. She was mostly a runaway - to catch her rising star - become a model, singer, you know the type. But there seems to be more to the story and I've never stopped looking. She worked as a prostitute, yet was often at Studio 54. And at the Reagan Inaugural. There are so many pieces that don't seem to jive, and I'm looking for people who can help me put those pieces together. I know it has been a long time. I feel like Arlo Guthrie when he plays Alice's Restaurant at the Thanksgiving show at Carnegie Hall. Believe me, I KNOW it has been a long time! But I'm wondering if you, or any contemporaries of yours, might recognize the girl in these photos ??

Here is a link to a photo montage too (together with Patti Smith - whom she loved, this song seemed so appropriate)
http://youtu.be/2a1KVQtwH04

Thanks much, I appreciate your time reading this email

here was my email to him - thanks for the lead - as I've said a billion times on the facebook page - any lead generated - I will followup on.

Hi, I came across your name as a prominent photographer in NYC in the 60s and 70s, and beyond with significant ties to people my sister claims to have hung out with when she was in NY. She was mostly a runaway - to catch her rising star - become a model, singer, you know the type. But there seems to be more to the story and I've never stopped looking. She worked as a prostitute, yet was often at Studio 54. And at the Reagan Inaugural. There are so many pieces that don't seem to jive, and I'm looking for people who can help me put those pieces together. I know it has been a long time. I feel like Arlo Guthrie when he plays Alice's Restaurant at the Thanksgiving show at Carnegie Hall. Believe me, I KNOW it has been a long time! But I'm wondering if you, or any contemporaries of yours, might recognize the girl in these photos ??

Here is a link to a photo montage too (together with Patti Smith - whom she loved, this song seemed so appropriate)
http://youtu.be/2a1KVQtwH04

Thanks much, I appreciate your time reading this email
You're very welcome. Good job on the email!

An afterthought: so many of his photos are listed and described, but not linked. There may be other people in the photo, other than the name listed. Maybe he will peruse his archives or let you view them to see if Judy is in them, and if so, with whom.

I didn't see descriptions listed of Studio 54 photos but you never know if there are lots more photos unlisted there.

Any tips come in that you know of after the write up in the press?

eleph

I'm very interested to find out if any good leads came up from the recent media article.

Hopefully Maureen will give us an update when she gets a chance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back