MD MD - Keith Warren, 19, Silver Spring, 30 Jul 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was Keith going to major in at college? What did he want to be as an adult, career wise?

Jersey, in the photo above look at the guy w/o a shirt on in background. What's up with that?

I'm really bothered by the cops taking the tree for evidence. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Was something carved in the tree or something? It simply doesn't make sense. Plus, how in the he!! Can they cut down & take the tree under the preface of 'evidence' after so many people were all around it & the camera man's camera bag was hanging off of it? Shady cops if ya ask me! Look at the camera bag! Botched on purpose I think, maybe a coverup of illegal activity that implicates certain police. That's my honest opinion!

http://www.keithwarrenjusticesite.blogspot.com/2010/12/manila-envelope-photo-3.html?m=1

Keith+Warren-tree+004.jpg

This is no suicide. I don't know the statistics But this method is not high on the list on how someone in the African American community commits suicide. Long time ago, this was called "Strange fruit" hanging in the tree by the locals.

They cut down the tree so no one could show it would have been almost impossible for this man to have climbed this tree and hung himself.

And the back of his shirt is wrinkled. As if he had been laying on the ground. I would say they bent that tree/branch down put the noose around his neck than released it.

Look at the branch next to it. See how its hanging over.

They tied the rope at the base of the tree, than flung it over the branch as you see it, pulled the branch down, put the noose around his neck than released it. He may not had a broken neck, but he could not breath. But he may had been dead already before they strung him up.......Either way this is murder and not sucide.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

I agree Mr TT - the tree was cut down so no one could recreate the scene.

Imo, LE in Maryland (or anywhere else for that matter) will never re-open this case with all there is to explain and to deal with. So is there any other recourse for this or other families?

I agree Mr TT - the tree was cut down so no one could recreate the scene.

Imo, LE in Maryland (or anywhere else for that matter) will never re-open this case with all there is to explain and to deal with. So is there any other recourse for this or other families?

I would send that photo to as many depts of justice I could.
I would send a copy of it to the president of the United states.
Any civil rights organizations. Theres a specific place but I cant think of it right now. Maybe someone else will.

Anyone that's anyone in the black community/civil rights leaders etc can look at that photo and tell ya that boy didn't hang himself.
I got a feeling the people in or around that town where it happened is wishing it would just go away.

Picture speaks volumes.

Time for some people to take some polygraph tests etc. Get the FBI involved. Send them the photo to your local chapter there in your state.
\
Someone will eventually talk when the heat is put back on. Someone will be willing to make a deal or whatever just to talk first.

I would send that photo to as many depts of justice I could.
I would send a copy of it to the president of the United states.
Any civil rights organizations. Theres a specific place but I cant think of it right now. Maybe someone else will.

Anyone that's anyone in the black community/civil rights leaders etc can look at that photo and tell ya that boy didn't hang himself.
I got a feeling the people in or around that town where it happened is wishing it would just go away.

Picture speaks volumes.

Time for some people to take some polygraph tests etc. Get the FBI involved. Send them the photo to your local chapter there in your state.
\
Someone will eventually talk when the heat is put back on. Someone will be willing to make a deal or whatever just to talk first.

That's what I'm thinking, too. This needs to be taken above and beyond local LE and the State of Maryland. I would go to the FBI, or other Federal Gov't agencies, the ACLU, NAACP, etc.

Let them put some pressure on those who might know something, i.e. the witnesses that made the 911 call, the funeral home that acted at least unethically if not illegally by embalming Keith's body at the request of LE, etc.

This needs to be investigated as a hate crime. I really can't believe how much you amazing sleuths have dug up just from info available online. It's an absolute travesty that this case has been brushed under the rug.

I just wanted to let you all know that I've sent a PM to the original poster asking them to please come back and join this thread. They haven't been on in over a year which makes me really sad. I feel like so much amazing sleuthing has been happening but it would be really helpful to have someone with inside info to let us know what has been looked at what might be a new idea.

So, do you think the tree was taken because it WAS EVIDENCE they didn't want anyone else to see?

I'm really bothered by the cops taking the tree for evidence. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Was something carved in the tree or something? It simply doesn't make sense. Plus, how in the he!! Can they cut down & take the tree under the preface of 'evidence' after so many people were all around it & the camera man's camera bag was hanging off of it? Shady cops if ya ask me! Look at the camera bag! Botched on purpose I think, maybe a coverup of illegal activity that implicates certain police. That's my honest opinion!

http://www.keithwarrenjusticesite.blogspot.com/2010/12/manila-envelope-photo-3.html?m=1

Keith+Warren-tree+004.jpg

I just wanted to let you all know that I've sent a PM to the original poster asking them to please come back and join this thread. They haven't been on in over a year which makes me really sad. I feel like so much amazing sleuthing has been happening but it would be really helpful to have someone with inside info to let us know what has been looked at what might be a new idea.

I've been reading and watching and have so much I'd love to say, but, hey, I'm not all that anonymous here. If the area where this happened was a small town police department, and I knew it, I'd wonder why the county personnel or someone with more familiarity in homicides/suicides/accidents wasn't the organization doing the preliminary investigation. I know the cops in the town I'm from would most likely bungle the investigation, oops! How can I forget! They did bungle more than one homicide investigation, including one they labeled 'suicide'. How could I forget? (I didn't). I wish you the best with this here, there's a lot to work with. Poor Keith. Did he know what was happening?

So, do you think the tree was taken because it WAS EVIDENCE they didn't want anyone else to see?

I agree with what Woodland said above, they cut down the tree so no one could recreate the scene a prove that there is no way Keith got himself up there. I wonder if there is another photo where we could see his whole body. Like you said in another post, it's possible that his feet were touching the ground. From what we CAN see, it looks like he is hanging very low on a very long rope and from the angle of the person looking on, it looks likely that his feet could be touching the ground.

ETA - I did a little more searching in Google images (not going to post them here, the one posted is the least graphic) his feet are definitely touching the ground and not just brushing the ground either. It looks to me like, if he were conscious, he could have stood up easily.

Here's an article from the Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...his-own-life/2012/02/17/gIQATe2ZAS_story.html

"According to a police report, Keith Warren was found in a wooded area “with his feet on the ground in a sitting posture” at the end of an oddly configured rope and noose. There were no eyewitnesses and no suicide note. Police found “no evidence of foul play.”

I would really like to hear someone refute the evidence. In everything I've read, the response of the investigators is just "it's been reviewed, the family is in denial." Well, I didn't know Keith and I'm not in denial and this case looks all kinds of messed up to me. If this was suicide, I would like to hear an explanation of:

1. How the chemicals got into Keith's system and where they came from

2. How he managed to hang himself when his body was so low to the ground that he was practically sitting

3. How evidence shows that rigor mortis had set in before he was hanged

4. Why Maryland LE had the funeral home embalm the body before even notifying the family that Keith was dead even though Keith had ID on him

5. Why the story changed about who and where he was found

6. Why the tree was cut down

If someone can answer these questions in a reasonable way, I will be convinced. Until then, no way was this a suicide.

I got this photo from the Keith Warren blogsite and cropped it down so that it isn't as graphic. You can clearly see that 1. His feet are touching the ground and while his butt is in the air, he is in a somewhat seated position and 2. He has on white tennis shoes. His mother claims she was given boots that he had supposedly been wearing and that he always wore boots. I believe that info was discussed earlier and is also on the blogsite.

picture.php

From the image above, there is no doubt in my mind that he had been laying on the ground, someone tied the rope around his neck and pulled him into that position. His shirt is rumpled and there are leaves on his back. Also, I think it's very clear that he could have stood up if he were conscious, as pdxmama said.

I got this photo from the Keith Warren blogsite and cropped it down so that it isn't as graphic. You can clearly see that 1. His feet are touching the ground and while his butt is in the air, he is in a somewhat seated position and 2. He has on white tennis shoes. His mother claims she was given boots that he had supposedly been wearing and that he always wore boots. I believe that info was discussed earlier and is also on the blogsite.

picture.php

Nice job, Clueless! Yes, that's the photo I was talking about. Adding to my list of questions:

1. How did the chemicals get into Keith's system and where did they come from?

2. How did Keith manage to hang himself when his body was so low to the ground that he was practically sitting?

3. How is it possible that there is evidence that shows that rigor mortis had set in before he was hanged if this was a suicide?

4. Why did Maryland LE have the funeral home embalm the body before even notifying the family that Keith was dead even though Keith had ID on him?

5. Why has the story changed about who found him and where he was found?

6. Why was the tree was cut down?

7. Why was Keith's family given different clothing than he was wearing when he died?

Great list of questions pdxmama! None of this makes sense and it really looks like a LE cover up to me.

It makes me so angry and sad to think about what possibly could have happened to Keith and how no one except his family seemed to care. Someone knows something! Hoping that we can help this family get answers and justice!

I don't get why this case isn't getting more attention? There are so many questions that could easily be answered and haven't been as far as I can tell. It's been on Unsolved Mysteries, there was a documentary, an active blog, a thread here...why hasn't someone who was part of the investigation come out and said "Here is how we KNOW it was not a murder?"

I think this may be one of the most frustrating cases I've followed and that's saying something. How is Keith's life worth so little that there is no accountability? I'm talking about an arrest and trial, I just want to hear some simple explanations.

I can't imagine what this family has gone through.

You know how there are groups of people who try to get people they feel have been wrongly convicted out of prison? The Innocence Project, I think it's called. There needs to be a similar group (if there isn't already) for cases like this. They take the evidence and facts, recreate everything as accurately as possible, and see if they come to the same conclusion as the initial investigators. This case has bothered the heck out of me since the first time I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries. I was really young and even I wasn't naive enough to accept the LE's findings at face value. This would be a prime case to try to confirm or refute the outcome of. IMO, the chances of this being a suicide, based on the facts I am aware of thus far, are less than 5%. However, I do thin kthere is a slight possibility he died accidentally somewhere (that basement of the house LE arrived at). Most of me feels he was murdered.

There are people out there that know what happened, and they don't want someone checking into this. They don't want you to find out new information or prove the truth is other than already reported. They want the case to remain a suicide. Remember this when you are sleuthing.

I don't get why this case isn't getting more attention? There are so many questions that could easily be answered and haven't been as far as I can tell. It's been on Unsolved Mysteries, there was a documentary, an active blog, a thread here...why hasn't someone who was part of the investigation come out and said "Here is how we KNOW it was not a murder?"

I think this may be one of the most frustrating cases I've followed and that's saying something. How is Keith's life worth so little that there is no accountability? I'm talking about an arrest and trial, I just want to hear some simple explanations.

I can't imagine what this family has gone through.

You know how there are groups of people who try to get people they feel have been wrongly convicted out of prison? The Innocence Project, I think it's called. There needs to be a similar group (if there isn't already) for cases like this. They take the evidence and facts, recreate everything as accurately as possible, and see if they come to the same conclusion as the initial investigators. This case has bothered the heck out of me since the first time I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries. I was really young and even I wasn't naive enough to accept the LE's findings at face value. This would be a prime case to try to confirm or refute the outcome of. IMO, the chances of this being a suicide, based on the facts I am aware of thus far, are less than 5%. However, I do thin kthere is a slight possibility he died accidentally somewhere (that basement of the house LE arrived at). Most of me feels he was murdered.

There is another group called Centurion Ministries, based out of Princeton, N.J. Their mission is to free the wrongly convicted. They were formed in 1983.
If you do a search, you'll come up with significant information on them.

Nice job, Clueless! Yes, that's the photo I was talking about. Adding to my list of questions:

1. How did the chemicals get into Keith's system and where did they come from?

2. How did Keith manage to hang himself when his body was so low to the ground that he was practically sitting?

3. How is it possible that there is evidence that shows that rigor mortis had set in before he was hanged if this was a suicide?

4. Why did Maryland LE have the funeral home embalm the body before even notifying the family that Keith was dead even though Keith had ID on him?

5. Why has the story changed about who found him and where he was found?

6. Why was the tree was cut down?

7. Why was Keith's family given different clothing than he was wearing when he died?

wow

4 and 6...never heard anything like that. like someone else said, if they were so sure it was suicide why did they need the tree for evidence? they didnt seem to pay any attention to the rest of the evidence. why no autopsy? why the rush to get him embalmed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back