GUILTY MD - Korryn Gaines, 23, fatally shot by Baltimore police, 1 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we still talking about Korryn Gaines? If so she was moving with a gun pointing at LE saying she was going to kill them.

I do not get trying to compare one case to the next. There is not a cookie cutter way to handle every case. It's not possible.

That was in reference to obe saying that she taught her kids how to act with LE. Guess it is o/t

Looks like the Minneapolis police are going to use deescalation techniques.

http://www.fox9.com/news/186897359-story

From your link

Officers have been trained in de-escalation for some time: things like verbal techniques to calm a suspect down or backing off to give everyone breathing room. But these tactics were only encouraged before, now they will be required whenever it is reasonable.

bbm Although we are talking about a case in Md and not Minneapolis the key is dealing with a reasonable person which KG was not. jmo

She got exactly what she asked for. And she put her children at risk on multiple occasions.
Her lead poison claim was bogus.
Her way of thinking was ridiculous.
Her actions as a mother were disgusting.

JMO

I never ever had conversations with my children about police. I grew up with Andy Griffith, In school, the policeman was your friend. We had sixth graders as crossing guards supervised by our favorite friendly police officer. No one I knew was a criminal so there was no reason to ever have police contact. I have had three speeding tickets in my life in different cities. Never did I think about anything except digging in my purse trying to figure out what compartment I had my proof of insurance in. Digging while the officer comes to the car and probably still digging when he is there at the window,

Never would I have guessed those actions could get me killed by my friend, the policeman.

Well I sure ain't young and my parents raised us out in the country and still taught us about how to behave if pulled over.
1 Hands on the top of the steering wheel 2 wait for them to get to window. 3Tell the truth only! 4When they ask for paper work and license tell them where it's at and get it out slowly and calmly... 5 always speak with the respect you would show any person...
So everyone saying you don't have to be taught how to respond to LE my dad was born in 1918 mom 1928 and they parented !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your link

Officers have been trained in de-escalation for some time: things like verbal techniques to calm a suspect down or backing off to give everyone breathing room. But these tactics were only encouraged before, now they will be required whenever it is reasonable.

bbm Although we are talking about a case in Md and not Minneapolis the key is dealing with a reasonable person which KG was not. jmo

Breaking in the door probably is not a deescalation technique

Well I sure ain't young and my parents raised us out in the country and still taught us about how to behave if pulled over.
1 Hands on the top of the steering wheel 2 wait for them to get to window. 3Tell the truth only! 4When they ask for paper work and license tell them where it's at and get it out slowly and calmly... 5 always speak with the respect you would show any person...
So everyone saying you don't have to be taught how to respond to LE my dad was born in 1918 mom 1928 and they parented !!!

Truly I am astounded. Not one person I know growing up had any police lessons. I received my last speeding warning two years ago. Not once was I thinking about what I should do except find my insurance. I was taught that the police are your friends. The police work for me, the taxpayer.

There are several interactions where they showed themselves to be power mad. One time my husband answered the door with a
Rifle. They turned out to be LE that my husband in frustration had dissed because of how they handled an assault on my son by some white gang members, They came to our house to tell him off. A few months later they were arrested for stealing from drug arrests. Long story . Other stories as well re their power mad responses.

Truly I am astounded. Not one person I know growing up had any police lessons. I received my last speeding warning two years ago. Not once was I thinking about what I should do except find my insurance. I was taught that the police are your friends. The police work for me, the taxpayer.

There are several interactions where they showed themselves to be power mad. One time my husband answered the door with a
Rifle. They turned out to be LE that my husband in frustration had dissed because of how they handled an assault on my son by some white gang members, They came to our house to tell him off. A few months later they were arrested for stealing from drug arrests. Long story . Other stories as well re their power mad responses.

My father was raised in Baltimore.Mom in Sandusky (sp) So they taught us from what they knew. Regardless of the fact we were in WV!
I ended up knowing the officers by name. Laughing and joking with 90% of them. But still I remember what I was taught by my parents.

Breaking in the door probably is not a deescalation technique

Le had a warrant for her arrest. They knocked on the door and got no answer, hearing people in side they went to get the key from the office. LE unlocked the door and there was a chain that kept the door from opening all the way. LE then proceeded to break the chain keeping them from accessing the apartment. She escalated the situation just like she did back in march in her car.

Watch her in this and tell me she was capable of being deescalated.

[video=youtube;oPvlJlk6rkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPvlJlk6rkk[/video]

I know my father always told me to keep my hands on the steering wheel, to be respectful, do what I was told and if cops were in the wrong, to tell him, and he would handle it legally. We still considered them the good guys, those things were all taught to me to help the cops do their job. My dad knew that me as a young, teen driver in a sports car, I would likely be pulled over at some point.... Maybe parents not having that talk with their kids is part of the problem as well. We should all be taught to respect LEO's, teachers, fireman, and if you have a problem with them, you take it up in the proper way, not arguing on the spot. KG had many chances to resolve her legal issues, and end this standoff. If cops are shooting people just for moving, they probably would have shot her during that insane traffic stop.

Le had a warrant for her arrest. They knocked on the door and got no answer, hearing people in side they went to get the key from the office. LE unlocked the door and there was a chain that kept the door from opening all the way. LE then proceeded to break the chain keeping them from accessing the apartment. She escalated the situation just like she did back in march in her car.

Ok she is just nuts no reason for her to act that way. They gave her every chance In The world more then they would have most people. I am a calm person she had me aggravated by the way she was talking to her children forget the officers!
She was driving an illegal car on the highway. Done deal and telling them they would have to kill her to get out of it ...really??

I hope she never gets those kids back!
Well never mind I should have started at the beginning

I know my father always told me to keep my hands on the steering wheel, to be respectful, do what I was told and if cops were in the wrong, to tell him, and he would handle it legally. We still considered them the good guys, those things were all taught to me to help the cops do their job. My dad knew that me as a young, teen driver in a sports car, I would likely be pulled over at some point.... Maybe parents not having that talk with their kids is part of the problem as well. We should all be taught to respect LEO's, teachers, fireman, and if you have a problem with them, you take it up in the proper way, not arguing on the spot. KG had many chances to resolve her legal issues, and end this standoff. If cops are shooting people just for moving, they probably would have shot her during that insane traffic stop.
Yup. Had that conversation with my boys when they were going through drivers ed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I grew up in a suburb in Minnesota. I got the 'when you are pulled over' lecture from my truck-driving father. Roll down the window. Wait, with your hands in plain sight on the wheel. Answer yes, sir or no, sir. Tell them what you're going to do before you do it. I was born in 1956.

Retired teacher. All of these people were students once upon a time. Do you not think that schools deal with issues minute by minute? We have to deescalate situations all of the time. I wonder how teachers do it over and over again. Sure, things don't always work, but we are in situations with students the whole time. Day after day after day.

3. If you don't want interaction with police, don't commit crimes in the first place.

If it was that simple. :rolleyes: I have never committed a crime in my life, and yet I have had close to a hundred interactions with the police, many of them very unpleasant. We are living in a society where a burned out light bulb can cause an interaction with the police, which could result in death, even if you cooperate 100%.

If it was that simple. :rolleyes: I have never committed a crime in my life, and yet I have had close to a hundred interactions with the police, many of them very unpleasant. We are living in a society where a burned out light bulb can cause an interaction with the police, which could result in death, even if you cooperate 100%.

It is amazing how differently people see the world.

My daughter was a very difficult teen. As a result I had many interactions with police, in suburbs and in the City of St. Paul and the City of Minneapolis. None of them were unpleasant. The situation was unpleasant, but the officers were not. They were unfailingly respectful and helpful.

I wonder what makes the difference.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovemy4456