Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap seems to be huge. She was last seen on Saturday night. All day Sunday nobody saw her, I assume the neighbors didn't see her either?? On Monday morning her sister gets a text. Something doesn't add up.

Laura was happy for the baby, the school year. And going through her Fb she seem happy, and close to her sister. But that is what we see..

I hate the feeling of not knowing. I feel for this family. We don't know if she ran off, felt suicidal or if it was a crime of opportunity. I don't like zoning in on just one. Because with nobody hearing from her on Sunday she could of been abducted. I think about Jennifer Kesse, still a mystery.

Some things in this article. I gues the officer didn't release who got the text.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.640332afb132

"Tessier said, “. . . we haven’t slept, we haven’t eaten, we’re just looking, we’re praying that you’re safe. I’m asking you to just let us know that you’re safe. If somebody has her, please understand that you’ve taken away a huge person in so many people’s lives.”

She texted with her sister Saturday & briefly on Sunday. But yes, as far as we've heard nobody actually spoke to her or saw her on Sunday.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking about this possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few people have mentioned this but LE stated that her boyfriend was indeed the father.

I work in a ob/gym office. We generally do not do a sonogram until 20 weeks, but for medical reasons they are done earlier. (Viability, dating)

I had one at my first appointment around 10wks and had a follow up a few weeks after that after seeing something they thought could possibly be an issue. I also had one around 6wks after passing out at work. It's possible she has a health concern that makes her high risk.

Somewhat unrelated but I was thinking the other day that if she does have mental health issues, it's possible she's had to go off her usual medication while pregnant. If thats the case it could be a contributing factor to whatever is going on right now.

I work in a ob/gym office. We generally do not do a sonogram until 20 weeks, but for medical reasons they are done earlier. (Viability, dating)

I gave birth 21 and 18 years ago and had Sonos at first visit to confirm sac was where it was supposed to be. Then another at about 8 weeks and again at 16 weeks. I guess things are different now? My Dr had a machine in the exam room. Maybe insurance doesn't allow anymore? I dunno.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty surprised that the mods are allowing all the speculation about her being pregnant with a student's child.

Especially since LE has specifically named who the father of the baby is.

I'm pretty surprised that the mods are allowing all the speculation about her being pregnant with a student's child.

I agree. I thought one of the mods already told us what not to do.

Me, too!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't see anything wrong with bringing this up as a possible theory. No one is spreading rumors that she was sleeping with students. And unless they know for sure she used assisted reproductive technology where the timing and testing was exact with the boyfriends genetic material, there isn't a way that LE can be 100% the BF is the father.

I am not at all saying "she seems like the type" or "I'll bet this is what happened." It's just a theory.

MOO.

Quite a few people have mentioned this but LE stated that her boyfriend was indeed the father.

Where did LE state he is the father? Was that in the press conference? I have seen news reports say he is the father but doesn't quote anyone.

Someone please share link to LE stating.

Thanks!

Where did LE state he is the father? Was that in the press conference? I have seen news reports say he is the father but doesn't quote anyone.

Thanks!
It's posted a couple of pages back. From the presser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Just past first minute of the presser LE spells his name and says he is "Laura's boyfriend and the baby's father": https://www.pscp.tv/mcpnews/1OdJrovmdkOxX

Thanks!

Here it is, though it differs with other media outlets' reporting on the "last seen" account:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-on-Search-for-Missing-Teacher-443752843.html

"Laura Wallen was last seen at the Olney, Maryland, condo about 8:30 a.m. Sept. 4. Her family said they received a "troubling" text message from her about an hour later but attempts to reach her failed.
[. . .]
Police said Tessier is the father of Wallen's baby."

Published at 9:22 PM EDT on Sep 11, 2017 | Updated at 7:24 PM EDT on Sep 11, 2017

I had one at my first appointment around 10wks and had a follow up a few weeks after that after seeing something they thought could possibly be an issue. I also had one around 6wks after passing out at work. It's possible she has a health concern that makes her high risk.

Somewhat unrelated but I was thinking the other day that if she does have mental health issues, it's possible she's had to go off her usual medication while pregnant. If thats the case it could be a contributing factor to whatever is going on right now.

Every case is different. We tell our perspective patients we do an ultrasound at 20 weeks.
However, if at their first prenatal visit there are concerns, ultrasounds will be ordered and done accordingly. Dating, viability, prior high risk pregnancies, IVF, maternal age, can dictate ultrasounds to be done more frequently.

Insurance coverage can be an issue if the ultrasound is not medically necessary.

I believe they said her phone pinged in silver spring

I could be wrong but I'm wondering if her vehicle being parked in Columbia just miles from the school she taught at is a red hearing to throw off the investigation. A similar thing happened in Danielle Stislicki's case, which ultimately diverted le from looking in the right place initially. People usually do not leave their pets behind, that is a huge red flag! They need to focus on the area where her phone last pinged (silver spring) and find out who she may have ties to in that area. JMO

To me it's very strange that no one spoke to her on Sunday?? In this day and age isn't it commonplace to have at least one contact with someone you know during a 24 hour period? It was also labor day weekend so it just seems very unusual

I don't see anything wrong with bringing this up as a possible theory. No one is spreading rumors that she was sleeping with students. And unless they know for sure she used assisted reproductive technology where the timing and testing was exact with the boyfriends genetic material, there isn't a way that LE can be 100% the BF is the father.

I am not at all saying "she seems like the type" or "I'll bet this is what happened." It's just a theory.

MOO.

CVS screening during pregnancy can determine who the father is too. It is done between 10-13 weeks. https://www.babycenter.com/0_chorionic-villus-sampling-cvs_328.bc

ETA: Not every pregnant woman goes through this screening process.

To me it's very strange that no one spoke to her on Sunday?? In this day and age isn't it commonplace to have at least one contact with someone you know during a 24 hour period? It was also labor day weekend so it just seems very unusual

She texted with her sister on Sunday. As for someone actually talking with her, we don't have that info.

As a former teacher, the daughter of a teacher, and friend of current teachers, I can tell you that it is one of the few professions where having a child out of wedlock is still frowned upon. A dated sentiment for sure, but one that does exist, even in the urban areas.

Laura and her boyfriend both have ties to the agricultural industry in Maryland, specifically dairy cattle. There are a number of rural farming communities outside the beltway in Howard and Montgomery counties.

I don't believe the speculation of an inappropriate relationship with a student is helpful or appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member