Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed this tragic story from the beginning and there's one part of the timeline that I'm still not clear on. Saturday PM (9/2) Laura and T were at a Safeway and brought groceries back to Laura's condo. Shortly thereafter T left (by whatever means) and about an hour later Laura left in her vehicle. Fast forward to the next day, exact time unknown, and T was back at the condo to walk the dog. The pic Laura took of the field was done in daylight, thus, after sunrise Sunday. So it is Saturday PM to Sunday AM that I'm not clear on. Has it been determined why Laura went back out Saturday night or where to? Likewise, is it known where, when, or how Laura and T reconnected so as to ultimately be in the field in Damascus? If someone could clarify this gap in time, it would be appreciated. My heart breaks for Laura's family and the many people who knew and loved her. What a huge and senseless loss! RIP

BBM. Sorry, I must have missed this info. Did they release the photo of the field? How do we know it was taken in daylight? TIA.

Thanks, I can read it but the text is a little blurry when I enlarge and it hurts my old eyes. Lol. I was hoping for a clearer copy. I guess I will suffer through reading it to get all the info. Thanks for bringing it over.
If you take a screenshot, then enlarge that, it is easy to read (for MY old eyes [emoji102])
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It is shocking that this guy may have had three women wanting him. Is there a huge shortage of males in MD?
Yes, there is a huge shortage of decent, educated, hard working men in Maryland. I've been divorced 5 years and even with modern dating apps, have only found 2 men that meet that pretty basic criteria. Women here actually put in their online profiles "must have a job, must have a car, no addicts". Because so many have neither a job or a car, and are addicts! I live less than 2 miles from Wilde Lake High. Most of the men I know are having or have had affairs because they CAN! The man shortage is real.

Yes, there is a huge shortage of decent, educated, hard working men in Maryland. I've been divorced 5 years and even with modern dating apps, have only found 2 men that meet that pretty basic criteria. Women here actually put in their online profiles "must have a job, must have a car, no addicts". Because so many have neither a job or a car, and are addicts! I live less than 2 miles from Wilde Lake High. Most of the men I know are having or have had affairs because they CAN! The man shortage is real.

Yikes I was kidding, mostly...

I have to tell you that there is a shortage everywhere! I'm 44 and would prefer to stay at home with my dog than wade through the [emoji90] out there. I mean no disrespect to men on this forum. It's just my humble opinion. [emoji364]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The theory of having originally gone to the field on Saturday would make sense except that, if I'm not mistaken, LE reported that Laura texted her sister (or friend?) on Sunday AM to say T had taken her to a field on some sort of "adventure". The sister/friend then suggested that Laura take a pic of the field and send it to her which she did. So if that was Sunday AM, I'd be very interested to know what all transpired from that time back to Saturday PM. This seems a critical 12 hour period.

I find the timeline a bit muddy, too. Multiple sources have stated she took the pic of the field and texted it to her sister on Saturday, Sep. 2, though, not Sunday. If those pics were daylight pics, then that episode was prior to the trip to Safeway caught on store video 8:30-9:30 Saturday night. LE have stated that they believe she was killed Sunday, Sep. 3. That day's timeline is particularly murky, but we haven't heard (I don't think) that she for sure was shot where they found her body...so the murder scene is still questionable, right? Sources (the Sep 14 pc) have said he was trying to arrange a late Sunday night trip to Baltimore to pick up a car; wondering if she'd been shot in his or her car? They recovered her car, though no specific word on forensic evidence found there. Did he own a car, and have sources mentioned searching it?

What I don't understand is, why he went to Laura's father asking him for "permission" (is this really still a thing in the US?) to marry Laura, why he went to prenatal classes and ultrasounds with her, why he told her he's gonna buy a plot and build a house, etc ... After all this, OF COURSE she will expect a proposal, getting married, settling down with him. Why did he do all this if he had no intention to follow through? Instead he lived with another woman, apparently proposed to her, and had a third one on the sly. It's mind boggling. Obviously this guy has issues with honesty and commitment. It's not uncommon, of course, but this is extreme imo!

It's likely because he is a compulsive liar and compulsive womanizer. It IS extreme, but it exists (and these two compulsions seem to often exist together).

Manger said Wallen texted her sister on Sept. 2 and said she was with Tessier in a remote field, but wasn't sure why.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-texts-point-to-love-triangle-in-murder-of-pregnant-teacher/

Sept 2 saturday.
Thank for this link. I was pretty sure she texted her sister or friend on Sat. I still think he was going to kill her in Saturday but found out she texted someone. I bet either Saturday night or Sunday (could be either day he killed her), that he got her phone away from her first somehow.

I guess this clod must have have had something going for him to get her attention for all these years...even if we mostly can't imagine what. It just seems like everyone except Laura saw through him and wished she was not with him. Maybe he talked a good game when they were together but if she was telling people he had commitment issues, it does not sound like it. Ugh it is such a nightmare...

I wish these men who want women in their lives but do not want babies to would take responsibility for it and keep it wrapped. Ya know? I'm sick of them having their way and the minute it doesn't go their way, murder is an option to them.

I guess this clod must have have had something going for him to get her attention for all these years...even if we mostly can't imagine what. It just seems like everyone except Laura saw through him and wished she was not with him. Maybe he talked a good game when they were together but if she was telling people he had commitment issues, it does not sound like it. Ugh it is such a nightmare...

Men always talk a good game when they want a sex partner. And woman believe them. Somehow, men always know the right things to say to get what they want. They seem to know what a woman needs to hear and then they say it. They don't mean it though, it's an means to an end,

Thank for this link. I was pretty sure she texted her sister or friend on Sat. I still think he was going to kill her in Saturday but found out she texted someone. I bet either Saturday night or Sunday (could be either day he killed her), that he got her phone away from her first somehow.

Iirc he threw the phone in the dumpster where he left her car.

Police say Tessier also told them that the last time he saw Wallen alive was the morning of Monday, Sept. 4 at her home on Rolling Meadow Way in Olney.

Investigators say Tessier told them he drove back to her condo after she didn’t show up but never entered the home, as he had already returned Wallen’s key.

Snipped

However, police say they spoke to a neighbor of Wallen’s who says he saw Tessier walking Wallen’s dog around 2:30 p.m. that day.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...r-said-boyfriend-was-taking-her-on-adventure/

10 years ago she was 21 and he was 23. He might have been her first serious relationship at that age. Maybe they broke up and remained friends. Maybe she still felt sentimental about the better times and kept letting him back into her life. 10 years is a long time to date someone off and on. He likely knew her weaknesses when it came to worming his way back into her life each time. I wish she had not been fooled by him but I know many women that do the same thing, letting a man take advantage of them because of sentiment and hopes that he will change. JMO. :moo:

What I don't understand is, why he went to Laura's father asking him for "permission" (is this really still a thing in the US?) to marry Laura, why he went to prenatal classes and ultrasounds with her, why he told her he's gonna buy a plot and build a house, etc ... After all this, OF COURSE she will expect a proposal, getting married, settling down with him. Why did he do all this if he had no intention to follow through? Instead he lived with another woman, apparently proposed to her, and had a third one on the sly. It's mind boggling. Obviously this guy has issues with honesty and commitment. It's not uncommon, of course, but this is extreme imo!
It's amazing but it was probably avoidance. As much as that sounds the opposite, if you give an inch at a time it puts off confrontation about where the relationship is going. He was buying himself time to figure out what he would do and making sure he was comfortable during that time. No need for uncomfortable discussions about how much involvement he would have with the baby, etc.

I made a timeline from LE charging documents bc I saw a few conflicting dates in MSM articles. Don't know if this will help but here it is:

8/28: LW texts TT's fiancée

FRI 9/1:
Last time LW seen by family

SAT 9/2:
8:30 - 9:30pm Last known financial transaction on LW's card at Safeway
Video confirms LW & TT were at Safeway

(Time not specified) LW sent sister series of text messages, including picture of the field.

SUN 9/3:
LE document states 9/3 was the family's last contact w/LW but does not specify when or how contact was made.

TT contacts acquaintance asking for a late night ride to Baltimore to "clean up a mess." Acquaintance declines.

DATE/TIME UNKNOWN (I'm assuming it's 9/3?? but it's unclear on the LE document -- maybe someone can help figure this out)
TT finds a friend to pick him up from Grammercy Park apartment complex and drive him back to LW residence to pick up his vehicle.

MON 9/4:
9 -10am Last known text message from LW's phone are sent to her sister. LE thinks TT sent these messages from LW's phone.

10am LW's drivers license is found by a Grammercy Park employee in front of the dumpster (TT has admitted to disposing of LW's drivers license & iPhone)

LW's sister reports her missing (presumably after receiving disturbing text messages)

2:30pm LE confirmed a neighbor saw TT walking LW's dog at her residence.

TUE 9/5
LW does not show up for work

THUR 9/7
LW vehicle found in Grammercy Park apartment complex. (TT has admitted to driving LW's vehicle here)

WED 9/13
LW body is found buried in same open field on Distillery Rd that she had taken a picture of.
Her license plate is also found here, in a trash bag.

She texted her sister Saturday, but LE said she died Sunday.

So it would be very helpful to know if the picture LW sent of the field was daytime or nighttime. She sent her sister the texts from the field (LE didn't specify what time the texts were sent) on Saturday. There is a confirmed sighting of her at Safeway Sat evening.

Her neighbor also saw her w/TT at her residence Sat eve. Neighbor said TT left in his car then she left (alone) in her car shortly after. But this doesn't make sense to me bc on Sunday (EDIT: I'm not positive this happened on Sunday, unclear from LE document) TT needed a ride from the apartment complex (where he left LW's car) back to her place where his car was.

Doesn't it seem they both left in her car on Saturday evening? Then he MURDERS her, takes her car to the apartment complex and then gets a ride back to her place, where his car has been since Sat eve.

EDIT: So I don't think the neighbor's report of Sat eve is credible bc it wasn't included in the LE document ( but they did include a neighbor's report of TT walking LW's dog on Monday.)

I don't usually do this, but I am going to tell a very personal story from my own experience.

I have a really awful inkling that perhaps she received some difficult news about her pregnancy and has maybe self-harmed.

Almost 10 years ago I received devastating news at 21 weeks into my 1st pregnancy that the baby had a terminal condition (my baby girl had never developed kidneys in utero, therefore could not develop lungs and and it was not survivable.)

My first instinct was to blame myself and I thought my world was honestly ending....it took my amazing husband and the love of family and friends for me to face giving an induced birth to her born still at 23 weeks and to get past the grief.

Those were very dark days.

Maybe she has been faced with a similar situation and has let her own grief overcome her ability to cope with it.

I hope she and the precious tiny hands and feet that she carries make it home safe and healthy.

JMO

Wow. I can't even imagine going through this. I'm glad you had such a strong support network to help you out.

You're absolutely correct, I don't know for fact that the pic was taken during the day but I've made the assumption that the pic was taken in at least some daylight. If the pic had been taken after dark in a middle- of-nowhere field, without specialized camera/flash equipment, the pic would be not be legible. Had that been the case, LE wouldn't have been able to use it (as they said they did) to help determine the location. I assume also that Laura took the pic with her phone (otherwise how did she send it?) and was therefore limited to tha cell phone flash. Further, not that this proves anything as Laura and T may have been at this property more than once, but I understood that one "reason" according to T for visiting this field was that he planned to purchase it and build a home for Laura and baby. As such, It wound be illogical (but not impossible) for T to be showing this property to Laura in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee