Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find that too strange since she was only about 3 months. Many people wait until the 2nd trimester or later to announce to their wider circle of friends. Also, unless you are her fb friend, you don't know if she posted something only her friends can see. Her posts about the pregnancy might not be public.

I don't think this is too strange either, I waited until after my 20 week anatomy scan to make sure everything was ok and we knew babies gender before I announced either of my pregnancies on facebook

Also I know one of Laura's first cousins and have seen lots of her families facebook posts about her disappearance and her family has mentioned "the person or persons responsible", so I believe they know or atleast feel strongly that someone harmed Laura.

"'She told me about her pregnancy and how tired she was. She hung her sonogram up on the refrigerator and she wouldn’t tell me what she was having, but she was telling me she was excited, and she was ready for another school year,' says former student Saquan Maxwell."
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/08/missing-pregnant-teacher-maryland-license-plate-car/
BBM

So is it safe to assume this former student has been to her home?

According to his FB, it appears he just graduated this past May, so perhaps she threw a graduation party for a group of students ...?

ETA: Laura is listed on his FB "Friends" list.

Now i'm wondering if laura is the one who sent the troubling text.

Judging from her FB she loved her dog and had him for many years, I do not see her leaving it. Praying she is found safe soon!

Yes, she seems like quite the animal lover. I always feel heightened concern when someone leaves behind a pet they cherish. I hope that Laura will be found alive and well ASAP!

WASHINGTON*- A vehicle belonging to Laura Wallen, a pregnant*teacher*missing from Montgomery County, has been found in Howard County, a source has*toldFOX 5.

Wallen was last heard from on Monday after police said she contacted *advertiser censored*family*member by text message. Police would not go into detail about what the text message said, but they described it as troubling.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...gnant-maryland-teacher-found-in-howard-county

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The quote from the former student about the ultrasound photo on her refrigerator is a little weird, IMO. I don't think it would be normal for a student to have been in her house. Former student or otherwise.

I can't help but feel like something is off with the boyfriend, based on what is publicly available on her Facebook. I wonder if her family knows him/ knows him well. It seems like they have been together awhile, but it seems very secretive. I'm not sure that is for privacy's sake since she seems to have students as Facebook friends. He doesn't seem very happy in the two photos of them on her page.

I always find it a little weird when adults refer to someone (another adult) as a nickname. Maybe it's just me but calling him Cowboy or "my Cowboy Love" just seems very... immature. IDK. It's probably a pet peeve of mine. I can see if she doesn't want to use his full name but just say "T". But since she used his name on there before, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

I don't find that too strange since she was only about 3 months. Many people wait until the 2nd trimester or later to announce to their wider circle of friends. Also, unless you are her fb friend, you don't know if she posted something only her friends can see. Her posts about the pregnancy might not be public.

She apparently is 16 weeks. I was of similar height and weight when I got pregnant and I couldn't hide my pregnancy if I tried beyond 12 weeks because of my height. Maybe this has something to do with going back to school. Maybe someone didn't want her pregnancy to be discovered? Maybe the father is a coworker?

Columbia Mall is the town center, all bus lines go there, including Dillon's service to Silver Spring and D.C. It would've been easy to catch a bus to Silver Spring...however, parking her car in an apartment complex instead of the mall parking is unsettling to me.

Columbia Mall is the town center, all bus lines go there, including Dillon's service to Silver Spring and D.C. It would've been easy to catch a bus to Silver Spring...however, parking her car in an apartment complex instead of the mall parking is unsettling to me.

I wonder who lives there.

Again, really want to know where the BF lives. Also don't think he's married because she has posted a picture with him, though he had face paint on. Also her sister has met him at least once judging by what I've seen on FB.

I really don't think she would leave the dog if she planned to harm herself, unless that's what the text was.. like please come get my dog, or something. Wish we knew..

I wonder if she was headed to the school that Monday to prepare for classes.. i hope police are checking with others who were there that day.

I'm a bit confused, because at first it sounded like the family got the text and raised the alarm immediately and discovered she was missing. I thought she didn't show up to school the same day she texted.

Now stuff I'm reading is saying the text was Monday morning and then she missed school Tuesday and that is when her dad looked for her at her house and then called police.

If the latter is true, how unnerving could the text have been if they didn't check on her that same day and didn't think anything was suspect enough to go look for her until she missed school the next day?

Can someone clarify which it is?

Do we know exactly when the text was sent? I would like to know if it was before or after she left her house. They say she was last seen leaving her home at 830 - do we know WHO saw her leave? Was their surveillance of this? So many questions

I'm a bit confused, because at first it sounded like the family got the text and raised the alarm immediately and discovered she was missing. I thought she didn't show up to school the same day she texted.

Now stuff I'm reading is saying the text was Monday morning and then she missed school Tuesday and that is when her dad looked for her at her house and then called police.

If the latter is true, how unnerving could the text have been if they didn't check on her that same day and didn't think anything was suspect enough to go look for her until she missed school the next day?

Can someone clarify which it is?

Good question. Did they call police Monday?

Just wanted to mention that I searched for Laura's name on the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and it shows that she received a traffic ticket in SILVER SPRING back in May of 2014. So, I'm wondering what the connection to this area is, especially if her phone last pinged there.

Do we know exactly when the text was sent? I would like to know if it was before or after she left her house. They say she was last seen leaving her home at 830 - do we know WHO saw her leave? Was their surveillance of this? So many questions

"Laura Elizabeth Wallen, 31, was last seen at the Olney condo where she lives alone about 8:30 a.m. Monday. Her family said they received a 'troubling' text message from her about an hour later, but attempts to reach her have failed. Police don't want to release the contents of the text message she sent."

Source: Police Looking for Pregnant Maryland Teacher Who Didn't Show Up for First Day of School - NBC4 Washington http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...st-Day-of-School-442919473.html#ixzz4s7P1b31S
Follow us: @nbcwashington on Twitter | NBCWashington on Facebook
In all the articles I've read, the person who last saw her at 8:30 a.m. Monday, where she lives, is NOT identified.

To further add to the confusion:

"A neighbor at Wallen’s Olney condominium complex says he saw her arrive home with her boyfriend Saturday night. He says the boyfriend left a few minutes later, and then Wallen left about ten minutes later at a time he estimated was around 10 p.m.
The neighbor says he hasn’t seen Wallen’s Ford Escape in the neighborhood since."

(article dated: Fri., September 8, 2017)
http://wjla.com/news/local/police-in-montgomery-county-search-for-missing-pregnant-teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann