Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from her FB she loved her dog and had him for many years, I do not see her leaving it. Praying she is found safe soon!

I agree, I think I read the dog is 11 years old!! It would be very unusual for a dog lover to intentionally leave behind their beloved and adored companion of 11 years.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/08/missing-pregnant-teacher-maryland-license-plate-car/

From this article it sounds like that whatever was in the text message maybe didn't indicate self-harm, or if it did, friends and family are confused by it. It seems like her life indicated stability and a reason to be excited about the future. That she wouldn't walk away from it.

"Relatives of Wallen confirmed that she was excited about her pregnancy, never gave signs that anything was bothering her and left her dog behind.

She apparently spent days preparing her classroom for the new school year."

https://www.scienceandsensibility.o...er-loneliness-pregnancy-and-suicidal-ideation

I don't have any knowledge of this woman. But my job is in mental health so I feel inclined to mention that one of the leading causes of death in pregnant women is not just homicide but suicide. Despite the presumed protective factor of pregnancy, there is actually a risk of suicidality in pregnancy. Article above discusses correlates.

Again, I'm not saying that I think this woman is/was suicidal, however, I think it's an important factor to (accurately) consider, especially given the way that police are handling the information and the way that her friends and family are speaking.

I also wonder what the text message said. Was it formatted strangely? Poor grammar? Suspicious at all? Or did it seem to legitimately be from Laura?

She was teacher of the year in 2016 per the article above. Seems well loved and respected by students and staff.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/pregnant-school-teacher-disappears-day-before-classes-begin/12193589

"Wallen's sister, Jennifer Kadi, might have been one of the last people to make contact with her since she disappeared.

"I spoke with her on Saturday, just through text messages, and then briefly on Sunday, and then I had one text message in the morning on Monday," Kadi said."

I don't think she harmed herself, although I have seen cases here where I thought that too but it turned out that was unfortunately what had happened. So I might be wrong but from what has been reported so far I don't think so. The reason is that I think she is a woman who cares for others. She would know that it would hurt many, including her beloved dog, if she just left this world. Plus, she would kill her unborn baby too. I can't see her doing that.

But I feel something bad happened to her.

Hey Everyone,

Please, no posting of random social media accounts or posting of the comments.

Thank you,
Tricia

I don't think she harmed herself, although I have seen cases here where I thought that too but it turned out that was unfortunately what had happened. So I might be wrong but from what has been reported so far I don't think so. The reason is that I think she is a woman who cares for others. She would know that it would hurt many, including her beloved dog, if she just left this world. Plus, she would kill her unborn baby too. I can't see her doing that.

But I feel something bad happened to her.

Good point, she does seem, from all available info, to be a very caring woman. One way- she's a teacher who goes above and beyond and has poured her whole self into the kids she has taught over the years. It's evident from their reaction to her absence and the schools past and current recognition of her love for her students.

But, who knows. Praying for her safety and her family.

[video=twitter;906300979615858688]https://twitter.com/KeithDFox45/status/906300979615858688[/video]

[video=twitter;906275903659020288]https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/906275903659020288[/video]

[video=twitter;906277898042179586]https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/906277898042179586[/video]

I think it's noteworthy that despite seeming that she was excited about being pregnant, there is not one mention of it on her FB page. I just thought that was kind of strange. The BF seems like a mystery to me as well. I have weird vibes about him. Just my 2 cents and all JMO of course.

I think it's noteworthy that despite seeming that she was excited about being pregnant, there is not one mention of it on her FB page. I just thought that was kind of strange. The BF seems like a mystery to me as well. I have weird vibes about him. Just my 2 cents and all JMO of course.

I don't find that too strange since she was only about 3 months. Many people wait until the 2nd trimester or later to announce to their wider circle of friends. Also, unless you are her fb friend, you don't know if she posted something only her friends can see. Her posts about the pregnancy might not be public.

I don't find that too strange since she was only about 3 months. Many people wait until the 2nd trimester or later to announce to their wider circle of friends. Also, unless you are her fb friend, you don't know if she posted something only her friends can see. Her posts about the pregnancy might not be public.

Yes, you make a good point about that. It seemed like a lot of her posts were public so I just assumed they all were, but that may not be the case as you mentioned.

Perhaps the father of the baby (BF) told her he wanted nothing to do it, and she would be on her own if she decided to have it. That would cause her to harm herself.The pregnancy was still new, she told him and after a few weeks he decided to drop the bomb. If they were so much in love and she was pregnant you would think they would be living together to have a future.

[video=twitter;906335337370279936]https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/906335337370279936[/video]

Hi All, Newbie here. No one has mentioned this...since there's been NO word from the Baby Daddy, there is a possibility that a student is the father of the baby.

Hi All, Newbie here. No one has mentioned this...since there's been NO word from the Baby Daddy, there is a possibility that a student is the father of the baby.

Outside the box.
Your brain is cranking!

This is what I'm wondering, too. And, for the record, I mean that with neither disrespect nor blame toward the victim. I'm worried for her and hope she and her baby are safe. [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am wondering if maybe the boyfriend is married? That would explain why she doesn't refer to him by name, does not post pictures of them together (although someone posted that they may have seen one?) and they don't live together. Just a thought....maybe he isn't thrilled about the pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirstycrab