Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely...what I was wondering about is why would he be inside the processing plant so much if the owner was out of town? LE specifically said he spent a "great amount of time" inside the meat processing plant in the days LW was missing...just wondering why and if it has any direct bearing as related to this case (possible disposal of evidence, etc)...

The way I read it was that the owner was out of town only for Labor Day weekend. He would have been back by Monday night or Tuesday morning if that was the case. As far as hanging out there? If it was his buddy's place that may just be where they hang out? Car guys all hang out in the garage, hunters usually out in a garage or something also, that type of thing. Usually more room than the house, they sit out there, talk, maybe they might actually do work but that's rare (in my experience anyway).

I think he hung out with that particular buddy, probably more than he usually would have, in order to keep an eye on the property where Laura was.

Thank goodness she sent the text to the sis. That's what got him caught. And maybe the land with the plant would make any gunshots less alarming. Hunting lands- ypu hear gunshots

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IMO, 'a home for you and the baby' was not that he was going to build a house on the land; rather that this was to be their resting place. All a matter of interpretation of what words he used at the time. A practiced liar will most times use an element of truth in their lies.

Did the clock-time and exact content of that text to her sister ever come to light?

Thank goodness she sent the text to the sis. That's what got him caught. And maybe the land with the plant would make any gunshots less alarming. Hunting lands- ypu hear gunshots

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

O/T, Laura's case reminds me of/has some similatities to the 4 men who were lured to their deaths in Pennsylvania at the farm property. While they were lured via marijuana, Laura was lured via "an adventure" and potential proposal/showing of the property. Point is in both cases both were lured to a private farm property closely associated with the perp. The same applies with the disposal site used in Tim Bosma's cases...Abby and Libby were also found on private farm property (not sure if perp had knowledge of these lands before hand).

Main note is to remember the prospect of private farm-type properties with buidlings on site as potential points of interest in future cases, moo.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but TT may have historically hung out there with the owner (who became an acquaintance/friend over time) if TT were a hunter who brought game there to be dressed or processed. He apparently had access to at least one gun, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Ahh, makes sense! I keep forgetting that the owner is his friend.

The Baltimore thing is still interesting to me- what did he want to do there? Did he want to try to get rid of the gun or her phone or something? I'm just not sure what driving about an hour to Baltimore on Sunday night (ie, after she was already dead) would accomplish.

Maybe he needed to ditch his bloody clothes, and wanted to do it in a bad part of town, far away from home. Someone suggested maybe he wanted to sell the gun... which is a good theory!

I know that criminals are not notoriously smart. However, this guy seems especially stupid.
I simply don't understand how someone capable of juggling three women, wouldn't plan this better.
He clearly had some knowledge of deception. You would think he'd be smarter about this.
It's just beyond comprehension. So evil and pointless.

I think he killed her shortly after the text to her sister... likely in the dark so she wouldn't see the grave.
This guy is lazy he didn't kill her elsewhere and move her. He likely killed her right in front of her own grave.
I do just hope she never saw or heard it coming and died thinking he was going to propose.

I can't imagine being her sister. I'm so paranoid I would have freaked at that text, especially when she didn't follow up to tell me why they were there.

I know that criminals are not notoriously smart. However, this guy seems especially stupid.
I simply don't understand how someone capable of juggling three women, wouldn't plan this better.
He clearly had some knowledge of deception. You would think he'd be smarter about this.
It's just beyond comprehension. So evil and pointless.

I think he killed her shortly after the text to her sister... likely in the dark so she wouldn't see the grave.
This guy is lazy he didn't kill her elsewhere and move her. He likely killed her right in front of her own grave.
I do just hope she never saw or heard it coming and died thinking he was going to propose.

I can't imagine being her sister. I'm so paranoid I would have freaked at that text, especially when she didn't follow up to tell me why they were there.

The sister is very intuitive or something! I would have never asked for a photo if a friend or my sisters texted me that. I'm so glad she asked.

Do we know roughly how far away from the meat processing plant she was buried?

Maybe he hoped any smell from her body would be attributed to the plant. As for why he kept visiting... maybe he was trying to use the machinery to get rid of evidence? I wonder if other workers were there when he went? Maybe he was checking frequently so he could find a time when he was alone there.

Maybe he left the purple cloth sticking out of the ground as a marker so he would know where to find her body if it were dark. Maybe he wanted to move it to the plant to do something with it to reduce the chances of it being found. I assume they might have some sort of grinder there.

How do they get rid of the parts of the animals that they do not use? Do they have an incinerator?

I'm sorry if this was answered already. Depending upon how big the processing plant is, they sell what is remaining of animals after slaughter. So they may not have an incinerator.

JMO, I don't think this guy is smart enough to leave the purple fabric out as a marker.

He may have been "hanging" out at the plant bc he didn't have anywhere to go. I know he lived in three places, but his fiancé may have been pissed bc of the text and the other place may not have been available to him. The plant may have had a break room or an office.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure speculation, but I checked deer season dates for MD and archery season began Sept. 8. Deer hunting is big here; we have so many they're considered a pest by some.

Wonder if TT had some type of legitimate preparation work to do at the meat processing plant, or if he was hoping to use the beginning of the season as an excuse for being there.

Agreed. Here in PA, deer season is ramping up and many hunters go "tracking" prior to the season opening. They look for signs of deer etc. and to map out their spots.

Regarding a picture taken at night and how much would be visible - many, many places in the country do have street lights. I'm in the middle of nowhere but there is a street light near my house. We pay a small amount to the electric company to keep it on. As property owners we can choose to not pay for it and the company will turn it off if we aren't interested. But driving at night in the country you also see street lights near barns and other entrances to fields, lanes, and near crossroads. So it's conceivable that the property owners do pay for street lights nearby.

We've had ours go out before when a bulb needed to be changed and it becomes pitch black. But with it on, you'd be surprised just how far back into our property that single light illuminates things.

I agree with one of the other posters. I think he was hanging out at the meat packing plant to figure out the best time to get rid of evidence. I hate to say it, but I think he was trying to plan a way of getting rid of her body in the plant. No body, no crime. That would explain leaving the purple out of the ground. Easier to find her. But, either there were workers at the plant, or he lost his nerve. Also, he may have wanted to stay away from other girlfriends to avoid their questions. He was likely acting nervous and they would have seen his interview. If they knew about Laura before, they certainly knew now.

Of all the places to spend time, a meat processing plant is one of the last places I'd want to go. I hate the smell of raw meat. Why would he hang out there??

Maybe he figured the decomp smell wouldn't be noticeable.

The Baltimore thing is still interesting to me- what did he want to do there? Did he want to try to get rid of the gun or her phone or something? I'm just not sure what driving about an hour to Baltimore on Sunday night (ie, after she was already dead) would accomplish.

Maybe he wanted to leave her car there in a seedy area hoping it would be stolen or something.

The charging docs will answer many speculations; I know the print is small, but if you open up the link, scroll to the bottom, and click on the "X" in a box (bottom left), it'll open up all 6 pages for you scroll through and read.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...essier-charged-wallen-20170915-htmlstory.html

A sampling of facts:

p. 4 (of 6):

TT called a [male] acquaintance (read name before it was struck out) Sunday Sep 3 "asking if he would drive [TT] to Baltimore to pick up a vehicle during the late night hours."

p. 5:

Middle of first paragraph details where they discovered the removed license plate from her car.

A second male acquaintance/friend was the owner of the property where LW's body was found. He told LE "he was out of town for Labor Day Weekend and no one was at his residence. This would have allowed [TT] access to the property without anyone knowing." So it would appear TT did not keep going back all those times due to running into workers and not having privacy.

p. 6 (top):

This details the text exchange between LW and her sister verbatim (at time of taking field photo) for those upthread who asked.

I "think" his phone told them (le) how many times and what time his phone pinged at that location.

The charging docs will answer many speculations; I know the print is small, but if you open up the link, scroll to the bottom, and click on the "X" in a box (bottom left), it'll open up all 6 pages for you scroll through and read.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...essier-charged-wallen-20170915-htmlstory.html

A sampling of facts:

p. 4 (of 6):

TT called a [male] acquaintance (read name before it was struck out) Sunday Sep 3 "asking if he would drive [TT] to Baltimore to pick up a vehicle during the late night hours."

p. 5:

Middle of first paragraph details where they discovered the removed license plate from her car.

A second male acquaintance/friend was the owner of the property where LW's body was found. He told LE "he was out of town for Labor Day Weekend and no one was at his residence. This would have allowed [TT] access to the property without anyone knowing." So it would appear TT did not keep going back all those times due to running into workers and not having privacy.

p. 6 (top):

This details the text exchange between LW and her sister verbatim (at time of taking field photo) for those upthread who asked.

I "think" his phone told them (le) how many times and what time his phone pinged at that location.

Per the charging docs, he confessed during the interviews with LE that he'd been back to the farm property "at least 10 times" during the period she was missing. So phone pings or not, he admits being there those multiple times (and pings might substantiate that, too, if needed).

If there has to be murderers, good thing many are stupid as *^%#.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi