MD MD - Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman, 15, Hagerstown, 6 April 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just watching this episode of Unsolved Mysteries on Amazon. I'm glad they're playing this show on there-- it's easy to forget that there was no DNA analysis back in the 70s-80s.
For some reason, this story gave me more chills than I normally from hearing stories like this. I wonder what name the psychic repeated that was beeped out.
I live in eastern PA-- I wonder if the murderer(s) lived on the other side of the PA border. It's pretty easy to get to Hagerstown from multiple areas in PA.
Did she move from within MD or from an outside state to Hagerstown? She probably did know those guys she got into the car with to some extent-- who were they? Kids from the local school? People she met locally and wanted to be friends with?
It's not exactly "fun" to be "the new kid". When you're "the new kid", you can often fall prey to nasty kids trying to "test" you-- maybe this was an extreme example of that.

Yeah, it gives me chills too. I always come back here after months away hoping for some new info to have been discovered, but a las.... I hate how many unsolved cases there are out there, and how little time the news media spends on them. Or even the cop shows in many cases.

Did she move from within MD or from an outside state to Hagerstown? She probably did know those guys she got into the car with to some extent-- who were they? Kids from the local school? People she met locally and wanted to be friends with?
It's not exactly "fun" to be "the new kid". When you're "the new kid", you can often fall prey to nasty kids trying to "test" you-- maybe this was an extreme example of that.

So the family had just moved to a new place--but do we know that she was going to a different school (i.e., was South Hagerstown High School where she'd been going, or was she new there)?

I admire those of you who've kept this going. I just happened across the story while looking for something else.

It's hard to keep it going when there's nothing new really. As with most "Cold cases" (which is why they're cold!) It sounded like people knew who did it from the articles / even someone on this board's post. But like most no one wants to speak up for fear of being sued I guess.

Bump
About to make my semi annual post to the local FB group. It always brings out the crazies. Someone knows who killed her.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Lori's mom was in the process of moving to a new how in the west end of Hagerstown, so she sent her to school in a cab. She walked home from school and she stopped by her aunt's house. She left her aunt's house and never made it home.

If she knew the two males that she got in the car with, I have to wonder if maybe they were possibly older boys that she knew from her school?

I want everyone to know that Loris mom died a few weeks ago. I couldn’t imagine how painful it is to go on without an answer. I have been messaged about different theories and people but unfortunately all I can do is direct people to the Maryland State Police.
Hopefully this can be solved with DNA

We put together a profile and identified one suspect and turned it over to MD State Police and Hagerstown PD.

Suspect Profile: would have been between ages of 16-22 (17 is our focus) and went to a Hagerstown High School; been involved in extra curricular activities and/or sports; muscular build, anxiety issues who was suicidal; knew the victim and knew she was in process of moving.

This information, plus additional info kept confidential, has been shared with primary investigative agency and others. We narrowed
it down to one suspect who was 17 at time of incident, since killed himself, played football, knew the victim and potentially used the cardboard (found at scene) from her moving.

*Of course all suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty or by DNA*

Our condolences to the friends and families for both Mom and daughter. :(

This case came up today in the Maryland Cold case group on Facebook...I've always thought this case was linked to the Stacey Hoffmaster case personally...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7
Back