MD MD - Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman, 15, Hagerstown, 6 April 1984

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please please keep this going. I am a friend of her mother. I contact everyone I can think of. Her mother does not have a computer. To the person who said she was her best friend, thank you for not forgetting.

Please please keep this going. I am a friend of her mother. I contact everyone I can think of. Her mother does not have a computer. To the person who said she was her best friend, thank you for not forgetting.

Please just keep asking questions and keep her name out there and this case as open as possible after all these years. There has to be someone out there that knows sonething.

My name is Jennifer Fitch, and I'm a reporter with The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md. Over the years, our newspaper has done stories updating the status of Lori Zimmerman's case. I'm working on another story about the case, saying the family still wants answers. I've interviewed Ms. Zimmerman's mother and some of the police officers. If anyone has information that could help me in my reporting, please contact me at jenniferf@herald-mail.com. I'm specifically in search of any of Lori's friends from the years prior to her death. Thank you!

Thank you Jennifer. http://articles.herald-mail.com/201...h-hagerstown-high-school-new-information-case

Looking for closure in unsolved murder of Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman

Mother would 'be the happiest person in the world' if the case could be closed

April 28, 2013|By JENNIFER FITCH | waynesboro@herald-mail.com

Sandra Volneck has faced many challenges over the years, but the hardest thing she ever had to do was look at her 15-year-old daughter’s battered, lifeless body before closing the casket and burying her.

“I wouldn’t wish that on nobody. I’ll never get over it,” Volneck said last week. “Never.”

Twenty-nine years later and recovering from surgery for lung cancer, Volneck still does not know who killed her only child.

Maryland State Police recovered Lorraine “Lori” Zimmerman’s body from a wooded area outside Boonsboro in April 1984. The case remains open.

<modsnip>

Is it true she was not seen at school that day?
After being put in a taxi that morning.

Anyway of finding out where the taxi driver dropped her off that morning?
The address, building etc.

I do find it interesting she spent only one night in the new home before coming missing.

Good to see you again UMfan

My name is Jennifer Fitch, and I'm a reporter with The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md. Over the years, our newspaper has done stories updating the status of Lori Zimmerman's case. I'm working on another story about the case, saying the family still wants answers. I've interviewed Ms. Zimmerman's mother and some of the police officers. If anyone has information that could help me in my reporting, please contact me at jenniferf@herald-mail.com. I'm specifically in search of any of Lori's friends from the years prior to her death. Thank you!

There was a post a few pages up from someone who claims they were best friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes murders are extremely hard on family members. they might not be looking for Lori online because it is too painful. I know from personal experience.

This does not mean the family aren't talking to the police! But, the police do not run and tell the media this has taken place. So, is Lori's case getting worked by the police or just us and the psychic Allison?

ETA
oops
I missed two pages! Halloween is stilll happening here! I'm distracted.

Anyone who knows Lori, write down what you know! Write down names, dates, everything! Take photos of places ESPECIALLY if they haven't changed.

I mean, even write down things about people who you know have nothing to do with the case (be sure to explain why they don't). Look at the Kathy Jones thread to see what I mean. I do not remember a lot of stuff because I am too young. And then MANY people in my family have died.

So, this information doesn't have to be for the police... it is just to help keep facts straight over the years. So, if someone on topix ten years from now (if, God forbid, Lori's case is still unsolved then) says something it can be matched to known things from those days.

They are looking at guys just a couple of years older than Lori, I presume?

They might also look at older man/younger guy combos. Think like an uncle and a nephew (doesn't have to literally be such a relationship, but to get the ages i mean in mind).

My friend was murdered by a 17 year old. Her murder is solved.

Can someone please describe Lori's personality and interests? If you know?

adding
this is important..

Lori, nicknamed “Blondie” by classmates, spent only one night in her family’s new home in Hagerstown before disappearing. Her mother put her in a taxi headed to South Hagerstown High School on the morning of April 6, 1984, and never saw her again.

Can you tell us if in fact she was dropped off at school that day, and was reported as being fact she was seen inside the school after being dropped off by the taxi driver.?

Lori, nicknamed “Blondie” by classmates, spent only one night in her family’s new home in Hagerstown before disappearing. Her mother put her in a taxi headed to South Hagerstown High School on the morning of April 6, 1984, and never saw her again.

Can you tell us if in fact she was dropped off at school that day, and was reported as being fact she was seen inside the school after being dropped off by the taxi driver.?

Why, I wonder, did she take a taxi to school? The first post of this thread claims she was seen getting off the school bus, so that would mean she did go to school? I just wonder why she would take a taxi and not the school bus in the morning if she took the bus home in the afternoon. Did she get off the bus in the afternoon at a stop that wasn't close to her home? I understand she was in a new house and wonder if the new place was in the same school district or if she was in a new district and had to take a taxi instead of the bus but took the bus to a stop not close to her own home? Normally, I do not think you would be allowed to get off a school bus, at a stop that was not your normal stop, without written permission from your parent. I know when I was to go to a friend's house after school, my mom had to write me a note to give to the bus driver.

Maybe she was late in the morning so took a taxi? Also even though this happened before my time, in my area we didn't need notes to get off at different spots. I'm sure it's different now.

Ok I had to scroll back. I can almost guarantee that she could have gotten off at any stop she wanted. I went to the same high school she did and I could get off at any stop I wanted without a note. I'm sure it wasn't different in her time either.

Yes, Missy, looking back, I realize that I only needed a note in elementary school. Once in high school, the bus drivers no longer kept track of who was getting off at what stop I don't think. I am pretty sure we could get off anywhere we wanted. I graduated in 1986 so I was in high school the same time she was. It looks like she had only spent one night in their new home. So if they had just moved, she might have been running late like you said, and her mom called a taxi to take her to school that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back