MD MD - Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman, 15, Hagerstown, 6 April 1984

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if she was in school that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weak article, IMO. At least a fairly current article is now on the internet.

I just found this thread and have read:

She got off of the bus and had a brief visit with her friend.

She went to her aunt's house after school and was seen leaving her aunt's house.

She was last seen at a shopping center.

She was seen getting into a car with two males.

Yet, the only thing that was stated by Lori Zimmerman's mother was that she sent Lori to school in a taxi and never saw her again. I wish the reporter would have tried to dig a little deeper regarding the alleged sightings of Lori and at least included them in the new article. If any one of them happened, it might have jogged someone's memory.

I wonder where she and her mother lived before they moved into the new house in Hagerstown. Did she attend the same school that she did before they moved?

Snipped from the news article:

"Lori spent most of her time in her mother’s care after her parents divorced. Her father since has died. Lori’s best friend as a teenager also died recently, as did several former investigators and a psychic who worked on the case for the “Unsolved Mysteries” television series."

http://articles.herald-mail.com/201...h-hagerstown-high-school-new-information-case

I wonder if Lori's best friend was poster afarrow who has two posts on this thread. Post #57

That kind of jogged my memory. I remember my mom saying that she was seen getting into a car with 2 males. She was related to my mom some how, a distant cousin or something. My mom was older so maybe it was a cousins kid. My mom never really kept contact with her distant family (aunts and uncles).

I'm thinking maybe someone she knew was offering her a ride? A family friend or uncle...

What about a classmate?
Someone had to be acting weird around the time or doing things they wouldn't normally do such as laundry.

I thought I read that she didn't have marks on her but was assaulted and strangled (or maybe I'm getting it mixed up and read she was beat up but not sexually assaulted).
Anyway my mom said she heard they shoved her panties in her mouth. That could be rumor.

Someone still has to know something unless everyone involved is dead.

I'm wondering what other evidence was found in the area. I will have to look at Reno monument road again and see what is built there. I'm thinking in 1984 there wasn't much, just the church.

It seems obvious that she wasn't murdered there, just dumped.

Where has the reporter been? Maybe I should shoot her an email.

Just bumping for Lori. I've just watched the bit of information about her from the Unsolved Mysteries segment. I'd like to see this case solved. I wonder if LE has, for years, had one or more person(s) of interest? But maybe, because of the lack of proof or additional information, they've never been able to move on it. I wonder if the biological evidence is still around and was stored properly. Sperm and/or skin under her nails or even hair that was not Lori's. With the way DNA is today, I still feel that there is hope for this dear girl who was taken so soon in such a horrible manner.

I am a friend of her mother. No one seemed to care in the beginning they were too poor to care about. When I asked about the clothes for DNA I got no answer.
They are probably lost or thrown away. It is very hard to get any information on this case.

I am a friend of her mother. No one seemed to care in the beginning they were too poor to care about. When I asked about the clothes for DNA I got no answer.
They are probably lost or thrown away. It is very hard to get any information on this case.

That's sad, Barb. That's the HPD for you though. I'm surprised you can't get any info. It seems like every 2-3 years there is some article that says they're still looking for answers.

Bumping for Lori. Saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and it's so sad no one is caught yet. Someone out there knows something.

If her mom is still around, please tell her some of us actually do care and have been moved by this case ever since we saw it on Unsolved Mysteries. And send her our best and love.

This isn't on Unsolved.com's list of unsolved murders. That's an unsolved mystery in itself...

What's interesting about this case, is in the last article posted is that they still think the perp is alive and knows what happened. That to me suggests that there are still suspects.

About the cab
Lori moved out of the school district so she couldn't catch the bus.
She got off the bus in an area that was within the school district.

What's interesting about this case, is in the last article posted is that they still think the perp is alive and knows what happened. That to me suggests that there are still suspects.

Exactly, it pretty clear they have a suspect but not enough evidence. Sounds like people are covering for the perp or are scared of him.

Just came across this case and read thru the threads. I feel terrible that it seems LE is at a standstill, but we've all seen how time can be a major factor in causing witnesses to come forward. Hopefully relationships have shifted over the years and someone will talk soon. We do care Lori, so sorry for what happened to you. So wrong.

Thanks for your post Blondie. From watching the Unsolved case and from reading comments online, it sounds like there might be people in the family who have strong suspicions of who it is but no evidence. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to watch the Unsolved Mysteries case about Lori Zimmerman now that it is available on Amazon Prime.

I was just watching this episode of Unsolved Mysteries on Amazon. I'm glad they're playing this show on there-- it's easy to forget that there was no DNA analysis back in the 70s-80s.
For some reason, this story gave me more chills than I normally from hearing stories like this. I wonder what name the psychic repeated that was beeped out.
I live in eastern PA-- I wonder if the murderer(s) lived on the other side of the PA border. It's pretty easy to get to Hagerstown from multiple areas in PA.
Did she move from within MD or from an outside state to Hagerstown? She probably did know those guys she got into the car with to some extent-- who were they? Kids from the local school? People she met locally and wanted to be friends with?
It's not exactly "fun" to be "the new kid". When you're "the new kid", you can often fall prey to nasty kids trying to "test" you-- maybe this was an extreme example of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back