GUILTY MD - Multiple Fatalities At Capital Gazette Newsroom In Annapolis, 28 June 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Capital Gazette editorial. <3

Our Say: Thank you. We will not forget.

We believe in reporting the news.

Our community has rallied around us to show they understand who we are, and that we are not the enemy of the people. We are your neighbors, your friends. We are you.

You might not always like what we write, or the photos we shoot or the videos we produce. You may not agree with our definition of what a story is or is not.

Most days we suspect most of you will.

But every day, the staff of this news organization will report on the news of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. We will never be the same as we were, now that Rebecca, Wendi, John, Gerald and Rob are gone.

Some day we hope to be as good again. That’s all we can do.

Until then, keep reading. We’ve only just begun.

Dogpiling. Gross.

Newspaper Says It Received Threats Following Shooting

The Maryland newspaper where five people were killed by a gunman last week said it received death threats and emails celebrating the shootings following the attack.

The Capital Gazette said in a Sunday editorial that it would not forget being called “an enemy of the people.” President Donald Trump has used identical language to describe the news media.

Hopefully they will report death threats to police and not shut up about it until the person is jailed. That should happen to anyone who makes a death threat.

Memorials, Scholarship To Honor Victims Of Annapolis Shooting

Memorial services have been arranged for at least two of the victims of Thursday’s shooting.

Rob Hiaasen will be celebrated tomorrow at the Irvine Nature Center in Owings Mills from 6 to 9.

A memorial service for Wendi Winters will be held July 7th at noon at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Annapolis.

Last edited:
More about the fund:

Capital Gazette owner creates fund for shooting victims, families and scholarship for journalism students

The fund has received a $100,000 donation from the Merrill Family Foundation, which was founded by the late Philip Merrill, the Capital Gazette’s former owner and publisher.

“As publisher of the Capital Gazette for almost 40 years, this tragedy hits very close to home,” Nancy Merrill, president of the family foundation, said in a statement. “Our family is shocked and horrified, and we are grateful to be able to help the Capital Gazette family in this time of crisis.”

In honor of the victims, the Capital Gazette Memorial Scholarship Fund will provide an annual award for select students pursuing a degree in journalism at the University of Maryland College Park. Fischman and McNamara were alumni of the university, and Hiaasen was a lecturer in journalism there.

IMO the climate answers why now

I 100% agree. The climate is skewed from facts, and is hostile and politicized. We all need America's free press, and it's why the First Amendment exists. MOO

Sometimes, people forget that 99 percent of the time, these journalists are reporting on local news, in their own communities. Local government, sports, news, events, crime, etc.

They're public servants.

Last edited:
Jarrod Ramos, Annapolis shooting suspect, "an injustice collector," former FBI profiler says on "CBS This Morning" - CBS News

A former senior profiler for the FBI said that many factors likely contributed to Jarrod Ramos' alleged decision to go on a rampage at a Maryland newspaper office Thursday afternoon. Mary Ellen O'Toole, who spent more than 20 years investigating mass shootings, called Ramos "an injustice collector."

"That's someone who goes through life - it's a behavior that starts early - and they collect injustices, real or imagined, throughout their life," O'Toole told Norah O'Donnell on "CBS This Morning" Friday. "The dangerous ones, though, respond disproportionately to what happened to them, and this certainly is a very disproportionate response to what happened to him."

Ramos, 38, had unsuccessfully sued The Capital Gazette in Annapolis for defamation in 2012. The lawsuit stemmed from the newspaper reporting that he had pleaded guilty to harassing a woman who was a former high school classmate.

No surprise that Jarrod Ramos is an injustice collector. He clearly shows characteristics of one, perpetually aggrieved and resentful, like many other mass killers like Dimitrios Pagourtzis, Nikolas Cruz, Alek Minassian, Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Elliot Rodger, Eric Haris and Dylan Klebold, and Osama bin Laden/September 11 Terrorists.

Correct. In fact, "journalist" from MassLive was fired and action is being taken by Reuters against one of their editors for trying to make it political.

In relation to the Annapolis shooting coverage??

Are you talking about the reporter with The Springfield Republican (not MassLive) who tweeted (not reported) his opinion to his personal account (not the Springfield Republican), then resigned (wasn't fired)?

I don't think I'm reading the right coverage. LOL!! o_O Can't find a story about an editor at MassLive related to the Annapolis shooting, but that's not saying I didn't miss it!

It sounds interesting. Are you able to share a link, @Gardenista? It would be helpful when referencing allegations like these; I believe it's recommended in ToS.

TIA

:)

Springfield Republican reporter resigns after tweet about Maryland newspaper gunman - The Boston Globe

Reporter Resigns After Suggesting Killer Was Trump Supporter

Last edited:
he was able to manage his rage for years something turned into action now
It reminds me of the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado. He had the rage and his only previous action was to put glue on the locks of a PP clinic, then after the hoax videos he got a gun. (There is a difference though - he was delusional and it doesn't sound like this MD shooter is.)

In relation to the Annapolis shooting coverage??

Are you talking about the reporter with The Springfield Republican (not MassLive) who tweeted (not reported) his opinion to his personal account (not the Springfield Republican), then resigned (wasn't fired)?

I don't think I'm reading the right coverage. LOL!! o_O Can't find a story about an editor at MassLive related to the Annapolis shooting, but that's not saying I didn't miss it!

It sounds interesting. Are you able to share a link, @Gardenista? It would be helpful when referencing allegations like these; I believe it's recommended in ToS.

TIA

:)

Springfield Republican reporter resigns after tweet about Maryland newspaper gunman - The Boston Globe

Reporter Resigns After Suggesting Killer Was Trump Supporter

No, not an editor but:
On his LinkedIn page Friday, Berry identified himself as a reporter and online producer at The Republican and MassLive.com.

Don't know why journalist would be in quotes though, it's not like he had no experience or worked for a disreputable outlet.

He’s held prior reporting positions at the Berkshire Eagle, Cape Cod Times, St. Albans Daily Messenger in Vermont, and Easthampton Star in New York, according to his LinkedIn profile.

The way he expressed his opinion might have been inflammatory but he made a valid point. Many journalists are saying the same thing.

Trump Orders Flags to Half-Staff for Capital Gazette Victims, in Apparent Reversal

President Trump on Tuesday ordered the American flag to be lowered to half-staff to honor the victims of last week’s mass shooting at the Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Md.

The city’s mayor, Gavin Buckley, said his initial request, submitted last week through Maryland’s congressional delegation, was denied. But he received a call from the White House press secretary around 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday informing him that the president had decided to lower the flags for the five people killed on Thursday.

“Last night, as soon as the president heard about the request from the mayor, he ordered the flags to be lowered,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, said. “I spoke with the mayor last night and again this morning to let him know the president’s decision.”

It reminds me of the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado. He had the rage and his only previous action was to put glue on the locks of a PP clinic, then after the hoax videos he got a gun. (There is a difference though - he was delusional and it doesn't sound like this MD shooter is.)

But -- I remain haunted by the eff you leave me alone

he wanted some entity to leave him alone

imo that is voices

his cowering under the desk is congruent with being scared of something

moo

But -- I remain haunted by the eff you leave me alone

he wanted some entity to leave him alone

imo that is voices

his cowering under the desk is congruent with being scared of something

moo
He was telling the judge to leave him alone and I think his hiding under the desk was to pretend he was a victim, not the shooter.

No, not an editor but:
On his LinkedIn page Friday, Berry identified himself as a reporter and online producer at The Republican and MassLive.com.

Don't know why journalist would be in quotes though, it's not like he had no experience or worked for a disreputable outlet.

He’s held prior reporting positions at the Berkshire Eagle, Cape Cod Times, St. Albans Daily Messenger in Vermont, and Easthampton Star in New York, according to his LinkedIn profile.

The way he expressed his opinion might have been inflammatory but he made a valid point. Many journalists are saying the same thing.

THANK YOU, Sneaks! That clears things up. ❤️❤️❤️

IMO
This is a lot like Holmes at Batman

he was the Joker

the Joker did what he had to do

after completing the command hallucinations he went to the back of theatre abd easily suuroundered

mission accomplished per what was going on his head

same here

the cops were not the reason why he stopped

he was out of space

small room

he did what the tv had been telling him to do

he was susptible to the endless barrage that the meida was the enemy he mnetioned over and over that media was not reporting things right

someone else has been barking that bark for year

his leave me along imo is close to identical to I am the joker

at this point point we are not getting refuse to talk cause a lawyer told him not to

we are getting unable to ID himself he has a public defender

i go imo to catonia frozen that can happen when severly delusionial or psycotic hearing command hallucintation or voices in the mind

he was obviouly fixatied this went on for years that is not normative -- that is mental illiness imo

the amount of time he spent for years creating picutres and all kind of stuff visually on his tweets is both creative but requires massive fixation

just mo

he decomped with the media yelling at him the media is the enemy they are liars and evil and out to hurt people

that is parania an entity screaming at you endlessly that the media is afer you is totally congruent with leave me lone -- it has no other meaning imo

he needed some entity in his mind to leave him alone Holmes was the Joker.........

only mo I think we are dealing with command hallucinations paranoia psychosis

it also has a similar connection to Austin eating people faces while not being on anything the voices told him he must and he did

He was wildly violent he chased a human being out of where they live

that is intense that is imo voices she must be killed etc

so did this guy Holmes Austin its voices in their minds moo

imo there is also some imo Luka M here as well -- he must chop up some human

just mo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics