MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks button is not working again. Even after much refreshing Grrrrrr
ETA it works randomly so some i can thank and others I cant

So when do you give rioters and ****s "room to destroy????" The mayor is extremely incompetent and should be impeached ASAP.

wnew news reported 144 cars and 15 buildings were set on fire last night.

Did we learn in Ferguson that insurance will not pay for damage from civil unrest?

So when do you give rioters and ****s "room to destroy????" The mayor is extremely incompetent and should be impeached ASAP.

Did you watch the Mayor's news conference? She said she did not say that.

Not a Dr. Phil fan, but this is awesome:

Dr. Phil on Fox & Friends talking about the Mom hitting her looter rioter child in Baltimore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7szpvbccwuI

If more mothers acted like this one, tensions, racial and otherwise would begin to melt away. She is someone most of us can admire and work with. I'm sure LE wishes there were more of her. It's time someone in that community took a stand for what's right - my hat's off to her, I'd like her for a friend.

Thanks button is not working again. Even after much refreshing Grrrrrr
ETA it works randomly so some i can thank and others I cant

Every time you make a post you have to refresh to get the thanks button back.

"He described how he and some Bloods members stood in front of stores that they knew were black-owned businesses, to protect them from looting and vandalism. He said they made sure no black youths, or reporters, were injured by rioters.

Instead, he said, they pointed the rioters toward Chinese- and Arab-owned stores."

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confron...e-package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

That makes me throw up my hands in disgust.... I've got NO sympathy for that

Did you watch the Mayor's news conference? She said she did not say that.

She did say it, though. She is trying to backtrack and say it was taken out of context.

Regardless, she certainly doesn't seem able to properly handle this situation and instead seems to want tread on the side of not upsetting the rioters by refusing to harshly condemn what they are doing.

Every time you make a post you have to refresh to get the thanks button back.

Thanks for responding. Refreshing doesn't work for me either. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I did PM a Mod tho.

Is it just me or does a curfew seem silly ? I mean I get the point is they can arrest anyone out after 10 pm. But it seems if people are willing to assault police officers and commit arson and theft, then a curfew is like jaywalking, right? I guess we'll see what tonight holds.
Anyone have an update on the LEO's , specifically the unresponsive one ? tia

I would guess that the curfew would allow the National Guard to sweep people up in droves. That's what I'm imagining....

If the Mayor didn't mean that she should have stated such. She said it and it's out there. To deny it just adds to an already volatile situation. IMO

She did say it, though. She is trying to backtrack and say it was taken out of context.

Regardless, she certainly doesn't seem able to properly handle this situation and instead seems to want tread on the side of not upsetting the rioters by refusing to harshly condemn what they are doing.

al sharpton announced on mornin' joe that he's heading down to meet with her today. in addition, her time could have been better spent talking with the governor/returning his phone calls instead of meeting with grade school kids. gotta get priorities straight imo.

it'll be interesting to see how many of the school kids are out on the street today.

edit - it also seems like the mayor's not taking responsibility for her words - saying it was taken out of context and twisted. this really bothers me as it seems to be a systemic problem.

oh, they also said police commissioner has been on the job for 3 years.

What are these folks to do who were not part of this. No access to needed medications etc. etc. I shudder to think what drugs are floating out on the streets as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en