MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On CNN Marc Lamont Hill just said "these are not rioters these are up-risers protesting the killing of black men" He called their actions "righteous rage" and he blamed the fires on the police who killed Freddie. Completely disgusting comments by Hill IMO.

Yeah I had to turn off CNN when I heard [someone] quote MLK saying 'riot is the language of the unheard' what the heck? Now I am forced to watch Fox, which goes against my religion.

Considering the price, I don't understand how that senior housing can be considered affordable.

Didn't your mother ever tell you, "He started it!" is not an excuse for bad behavior?

The police have various NON-LETHAL means of response at their disposal. It's not simply a choice between rocks and bullets. Picking up rocks and throwing them back at the rioters merely tells the public (including rioters, protesters and everyone else) what they already suspect: that the police in Baltimore are out of control.

Oh really? So a rioter throws and injures several policeman but it isn't until a rock is thrown back at the rioters that it proves what the rioters already suspect? Wow. That's kind of like putting the cart before the horse isn't it. And don't even ask me what my mother taught me. She would have yanked my butt out of that street and beat me with a switch all the way home....That is one reason I would never be rioting, looting, burning and trying to kill policemen. I was taught better.

[QUOTE=fred&edna;11729916]More than 45 years have passed since the Baltimore riot of 1968Shamefully, sadly it seems NOTHING has been learned, gained, changed in 47 years?!
....lasting from April 6 to April 14.... burning and looting local businesses, and confronting the police and national guard. Damage was estimated at over $12 million (equivalent to $77.5 million today).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_riot_of_1968[/QUOTE] bbm sbm

Sadly, some ppl in B'more may see this info as a challenge - a RIOT RECORD to BEAT -
rather than a tragic event not to be repeated. JM2cts. More from same wiki link:
"In the next few days, six people died, 700 were injured, and 5,800 were arrested.
1000 small businesses were damaged or robbed.[SUP][9][/SUP] ..."
"Of the arrests, 3,488 were for curfew violations, 955 for burglary, 665 for looting, 391 for assault, and
5 for arson.
[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP]"[/SUP][SUP] bbm sbm[/SUP]

"Most damage was done within the rioters' own neighborhoods, partly because they believed they would be shot if they strayed into other areas.[SUP][1]" bbm sbm.
[/SUP]

The "violent offenders/looters" featured in the news do not represent every Baltimore City citizen. They're a small percentage overall.

This is THE PLACE to be to get up-to-the minute news on breaking events. WTG, WS.

((Baltimore))

Sadly I agree...my liberal heart has turned entire cynic after the past year.

Every post regarding the censored word will be deleted by an overworked moderator and likely this post as well. I hope this very important thread doesn't get shut down because of this extremely derailing discussion. :tos: :)

OMG did I hear that right .. the 'bloods' and the 'crips' had a meeting yesterday .. what on earth?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541