MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of the six either participated in the event or helped cover it up. Baltimore has plenty of reason to fire them for cause just based on that. This wasn't an accident, it was intentional. It was cops torturing a suspect to teach him a lesson. using a method that had twice before resulted in a suspect being paralyzed and the city of Baltimore paying millions to settle a lawsuit. Now that the suspect has died, it is a clear case of manslaughter. The only thing that isn't clear is which officers were directly involved and which ones were simply accessories to the crime.

This. This kind of thing happens everywhere. POC (especially men) are treated like criminals even when they have done nothing wrong, because LE has a whole lot of leeway. When bad LE do something wrong, they are rarely held accountable. Just go to Twitter and use the hashtag #alivewhileblack and read the thousands of tweets about ordinary citizens being treated like criminals. Are every single one of them "up to something"? No. That's the root of the problem and why the POC community continues to protest, and the very angry and the criminal element of that community choose to do so violently. I'm not at all saying we are to excuse violence, I'm simply providing an explanation as to where the anger itself stems from, as an outsider looking at what POC are saying.

JMHO.

bbm, I heard it and I have a feeling she will be eating those words, any word on who the 3 men are standing behind her when she said that. jmo idk

I don't know who they are, but the look on the face of the man on the far right is pretty funny. He seems to be thinking "what did she just say?".

That being said, I completely disagree with the way the mayor has handled this. I just think this is a little thing to keep harping on. Ultimately this is not the mayor's fault. There was going to be violence and destruction last night, there is no hypothetical response that could have prevented it. So let's put the focus back on these criminals instead of a mayor who admits she misspoke and did not mean her words the way they were interpreted.

I don't like the fact she said what she said . . . and instead of 'fessing, she said the MEDIA distorted her words ! She IMHO is a liar & when did lying become okay?!

Gotta love video -- cannot wait for Rev Al to show up

Some of you are following way more closely than me. So question for those who are. If the bloods and crips* were speaking with religious leaders yesterday on how to curb the violence , then does that mean the A ) previous reports of them working together to target LE was a lie? or hoax? OR B ) that once they realized how bad things were getting they changed their tune and wanted to help to look like the good guys OR C ) some third party ( outside instigator) made that story up to ramp up the tension ?

Or D used the situation to gain concessions from the community leaders. That's an old game but one still in use. IMO if what they wanted was to calm things down, they could have done it without a sitdown with religious leaders.

Now the mayor says there is no such thing as the TH word. She was agreeing with the guy who I just said was delusional after he said there are no TH words, just kids that have been abused.

LOL

This just gets stranger and stranger by the minute.

So are we now going to hear those famous beeps on TV every time that word is used? I worry about the human race...when does this merry-go-round stop and normalcy returns?

Another thought here...

They closed the schools today. IMHO really dumb move.
Isn't one reason people are so upset is because there are no jobs or the people of poverty do not have the skills needed for the jobs out there?
Isn't one solution to that - education?

So close the schools?

What am I missing here?

JMHO

I asked this same question when Ferguson area didn't open schools for over a week last summer!!! So these kids 1) aren't being educated, 2) aren't being fed apparently, 3) aren't being supervised or 4) are out in the street with their care givers. I sure hope the Libraries are swamped!!!

That's where I'd be (never gets looted)

IMVHO the root of this problem is the breakdown of the family unit. Generations of absentee fathers, single mothers or grandmothers trying to make a living and raise children with little or no financial assistance, being forced to turn to the government for support. No government should be expected to support families. In an effort to help those struggling we've handicapped them. The more children they have the more support they have been given. The system is broken and it's sad. I can't imagine living with no hope of escaping, all I have to look forward to is a deadend job, prison or death. Where is the respect for authority? Where is that fine line that stops you from breaking the law, the voice that tells you no, don't do it? We all have it, but this generation of youth aren't listening to it.

I'm also of the opinion that many of these demonstrations are planned events and coming from other areas of the country. There is an agenda here. Is it to divide our country more?

According to the NYT, the bloods and crips are going to be working together to save black businesses. They are pointing the rioters towards non-black owned businesses:

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confrontation-in-baltimore/church-leaders-gang-members-meet/

My dad (32 yrs a cop) told us that back in 68 during the riots people that wanted to be spared from damage would put certain items in their front windows to identity themselves as friend not foe and the rioters would pass those homes. jmo idk

I just gotta ask. (I viewed without sound). What does dancing do to help this situation? Is it just me, or is it kind of like a smack in the face to those out there trying to clean up?

It's not just you.
One does not need to be a member of Mensa to figure out their intent.
As far as the media reporting on these riots, what are they supposed to do? Stand in front of a burning building during an atrocious riot and give a weather report?
I do agree that some MSM is biased.
Good thing that we have off buttons on our televisions.
There are many positive posts in this very thread indicating that good people are attempting to clean up the destruction caused by criminals. (thanks to pops and other members posting).

I am looking at this with a very open mind. But I'm not so sure that the rioters are a sub group of the protesters, and I'm not so sure that the rioters think rioting is the way to draw attention to their cause. I think they are the criminal element of Baltimore taking advantage of a situation to do what they do best. JMO

I believe the rioters/looters are similar to those in Ferguson MO -- not from the 'hood, but taking advantage of a situation

definitely not peaceful protesters, though

LOVE that the community came out to clean, but this too happened last August in Ferguson . . . and then again in November . . . and then this Spring. It's still not a place I'd shop

Cut out the dancing and grab a broom or a shovel. Do something productive!

It's not just you.
One does not need to be a member of Mensa to figure out their intent.
As far as the media reporting on these riots, what are they supposed to do? Stand in front of a burning building during an atrocious riot and give a weather report?
I do agree that some MSM is biased.
Good thing that we have off buttons on our televisions.
There are many positive posts in this very thread indicating that good people are attempting to clean up the destruction caused by criminals. (thanks to pops and other members posting).

I would like to see the dancers pitch in and clean up. Hey! How about dancing WHILE cleaning up? That would be awesome to see.

<modsnip>

What I am seeing out of the riots is not only police brutality but apparently a bunch of criminalized kids. And I am sorry, but that is not completely the cops' fault. Rights have an opposing side of the coin and it is called responsibility.

I completely salute the mother who slapped her son around after learning of his participation in the riots. But there are clearly a whole lot of other mothers who didn't do the same cuz the crap is STILL going on...

i think it was sstar that posted the snippet of dr. phil's comments on this mom . . . whole interview is up and worth watching http://video.foxnews.com/v/42014616...e-riots-where-are-the-parents/?#sp=show-clips

What is up with the mayor, is she completely out of her depth? She comes off as trying to appease the rioters .. maybe she thinks burning down buildings is just self expression and should be encouraged in the little tykes? Can't see her being re-elected.

What just happened?
I went to the kitchen to make lunch and missed it.

Build more prisons.

build different levels of prison
build better kids, parents, care givers (humans)
sterilize more people (population control) ;)
reform the Judicial System
start manufacturing stuff in America again !!!

StL
Baltimore
where's next ?
this Summer is going to be weird, wild stuff

do NOT want it to happen in MSP but MOA was already hit . . . but those recognized on video are being sued (private property)

and why not in Raleigh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member