MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the timeline! BTW, I must have missed the part about MJ returning at 4:50pm.... I know originally it was posted that he was there around 5:00pm, then various other things were reported, such as PB wasn't there, PB was up/moving, etc. But it seemed that the last I checked the timeline, it was believed MJ left at 1:30 and then no one else arrived there until 6:00 when DB got home.

I guess this has changed and MJ *was* there later in the afternoon afterall?

(To those of you have may have this catalogued in your mind, was the text that MJ supposedly sent that said PB was up/about -- was that sent to DB, or just reported by DB but sent to someone else?)

You're welcome! The time given (4:50 PM) was according to MJ in a comment he made on the Find PB facebook group a couple of days ago (Wednesday?). I guess the... theme... of this timeline is that they are all first-hand accounts (well, mostly).

Respectfully snipped and BBM. By scrubbed do you mean sanitized and the J family posts have been removed? If so, I thought they might. Hopefully LE got screenshots.....

Yes! Here yesterday, gone today. I am kicking myself for not taking screenshots the other night. Thankfully those comments were summarized in detail here. However, they did leave up a few negative comments regarding DB, which causes me wonder if LE or MJ's lawyer had some part in the removal of the J family posts.

I'd guess MJ's attorney because if he is charged his previous statements could be used to impeach him. With LE having so many detectives on the case, no doubt they are likely watching the FB sites closely.

Thank you for the time line MsOh, it helps.

Does anyone beside me think perhaps the info MJ posted at FB about the little bro/cousin is a red herring? By that I mean not that he wasn't there overnight, but since DB had spoken with PB in the am after MJ would have left with his cousin after picking him up PB would have communicated to DB MJ came by to pick little bro up (which I will abbv LB/C)

I find myself wondering if after MJ left with LB/C he was expected back to pack and do the laundry.

I am envisioning a scenario where he was not expected back that day, had a key, walked in while PB was just getting out of the shower and she did not expect him. Thinking she was alone in the apartment may have been in only a towel or not quite dressed. MJ, like *some* men mistaken this as a sign she wants me.... He claims to be there for hours. Are we to believe between the time PB posted she was hungry and the time MJ claims he left and PB was sleeping (which I don't buy) they had little to no conversation between them? Why wouldn't either of them be talking about lunch between 11 and 1:30? I can only invision MJ taking PB out of that apartment -which would coincide with the dog tracking her back to a parking spot in the apartment parking lot and MJ doing whatever he wanted to do with her - or thought she wanted to do with him away from the apartment knowing the possiblity KB might show up and he didn't want to be seen 'with' PB. If they were in the car and he took her somewhere she could have resisted him, possibly told him to stop and she would tell her family..... Perhaps he couldn't risk that and had to ensure he could stop her from talking.... Perhaps he called LBC and asked him to meet him back at the apartment as part of an attempt at an alibi of somekind with the attempt at making it appear LBC was the person who found the apartment empty.

The above is speculation and a possible theory and jmo.

BBM: The statement about "she fell asleep on me," still bothers me. Although we have established that it is slang - still it implies that they were actually doing something together. Or at least it does to me. Otherwise why would he say that or care whether she took a nap?

Here are aspects of the timeline that concern me:

12:23-12:30PM -- According to DB, the last time she communicated with PB was at 12:23PM. If this is accurate, and KB attempted to text PB at 12:30PM and garnered no response... what happened in that 7 minutes? Unless she has narcolepsy which has gone unreported, I cannot imagine that she fell asleep.

1:00-1:30PM -- According to KB, she called PB at 1:00PM with no answer. According to DB, MJ called her at 1:04PM to tell her that PB was asleep. Conspicuous timing? KB called again at 1:20PM, still no answer.

Again, this is assuming those times are accurate....

I'm sorry Ms Oh and BBM, I still don't buy KB's story and I don't believe that she went on about her merry way running errands after learning PB was asleep. Not saying she's involved, just saying (imo) I don't believe her statements. She's a city girl who talks very fast, but I can see through all that mumbo jumbo. I feel that she is hiding something, and so does JS. Another thing that didn't sit well (in the Peas interview) is she was responding to false leads that had been given, 1 being about a body found in a dumpster but she said "the body" instead of "a body". I don't know if anyone else caught that. But why would use the term "the body" if your sister is missing? To me that's validating there is a body some where. Also, she said she couldn't recall whether she was there the night before (Mon) or the previous night (Sun). Any time I hear people use words like "I think" or "If I'm not mistaken", I don't find them credible. She knows what day she was there and she knows what happened and so does DB, MJ and bro. I don't feel that RB or BB know what is going on, but the others I'm skeptical. I don't believe PB began texting them Tues a.m. because I think everything happend Monday night. None of these people look like murderers, I think whatever happened was an accident. But they need to spill it! This is dragging on way too long and people are being very selfish doing all this cya stuff. I'm hoping the cops only put the "abduction theory" out there hoping to trip these people up. They know that PB is right there in BM or they would not have spent so much time on that tip about the well. I'm praying the truth will come out!~

For anyone new to the thread....
PB is the missing person
JS is PB's mom, who was living in NC but moved to Atlanta to be with family
SS is PB's big sister in NC who she talked with about what was going on in the Bmore apartment
DB is PB's sister in Baltimore (Bmore), who PB was staying with
KB is PB's other sister in Bmore
BB is PB's brother in Bmore
RB is PB's father, who lives in Atlanta
MJ is DB's ex-boyfriend. They had been together for 10 years, and were in the process of splitting when PB was visiting.

There are others who can not be named, as they have not been named in MSM, like
Bro/Cou, MJ's younger relative who was staying at the apartment the night before PB went missing.

I'm sorry Ms Oh and BBM, I still don't buy KB's story and I do not believe that she went on about her merry way running errands after learning PB was asleep. Not saying she's involved, just saying (imo) I don't believe her statements. She's a city girl who talks very fast, but I can see through all that mumbo jumbo. I feel that she is hiding something. Another thing that didn't sit well (in the Peas interview) is she was responding to false leads that had been given, 1 being about a body found in a dumpster but she said "the body" instead of "a body". I don't know if anyone else caught that. But why would use the term "the body" if your sister is missing? To me that's validating there is a body some where. Also, she said she couldn't recall wether she was there the night before or the previous night. Any time I hear people use words like "I think" or "If I'm not mistaken", I don't find them credible. She knows what day she was there and she knows what happened and so does DB, MJ and bro. I don't feel that RB or BB know what is going on, but the others I'm skeptical. I don't believe she began texting them Tues a.m. because I think everything happend Monday night. None of these people look like murderers, I think whatever happened was an accident. But they need to spill it! This is dragging on way too long and people are being very selfish doing all this cya stuff. I'm hoping the cops put the "abduction theory" out there hoping to trip these people up. They know that PB is right there in BM or they would not have spent so much time on that tip about the well. I praying the truth will come out!~

the cops have put the abduction theory out there in MSM since the beginning. I don't have working computer speakers so I can't listen and give an opinion, but I will share from my time working the UID (unidentified) forum, we often use a body or the body interchangeably, however that is usually after a body has been found. I do agree with you the use of 'the body' for a body not yet found is questionable.

I have to disagree with something happening Monday night for the following reasons. We would need a min of 4 people involved in a cover up DB, KB, MJ and LBC. I find it very hard to believe that neither family would be willing to toss the other under the bus to save themself - especially after a very recent breakup. If PB died in the apartment she would have released sometype of bodily fluids upon death. LE processed the apartment prior to DB moving and forensics came back empty according to MSM articles. We know initially LE had 100 officers/detectives working the case. Given the number of officers working the case I can't imagine they'd do a poor job processing the apartment. Now, if LE is processing the apartment a second or additional times post DB's move it is possibly they will uncover forensics not found the first go around due to the apartment being furnished.... But unless we get info indicating LE has processed a second time and uncovered forensics they missed the first time I have to believe they were complete and thorough the first time the apartment was proccessed.

jmo respectfully

As for calling the mother... obviously she should have been contacted immediately. My guess? They were hoping this wasn't what it was... and didn't want to freak her out if PB was just down the street. Again, I think the guilt for dropping the ball so hard is probably incredible.

sbm

Would you want to call any woman, much less THAT woman and tell them you lost their daughter? That woman is no pussy cat, she would be intimidating. Even if they KNEW it was a serious situation I can see them being hesitant.

It's kind of like calling your parents if you crash the car... yes you SHOULD immediately. But if you have a friend who can fix it... then you might not. If you could avoid getting in trouble and your parents never knew... that would be win win for you. (Not comparing Phylicia to a car, just pointing out the mentality I'm talking about.)

If they thought they could get away with not telling her and maybe find Phylicia before she found out, then I can see them doing that. Stupid... but then again so were the decisions that led to her going missing to begin with. It's kind of the same thought process that led them not to call her Mother.

BBM: The statement about "she fell asleep on me," still bothers me. Although we have established that it is slang - still it implies that they were actually doing something together. Or at least it does to me. Otherwise why would he say that or care whether she took a nap?

I had forgotten to mention this. While browsing FB pages and twitter streams of people connected to PB, I ran into the phrase "he fell asleep on me" and "she fell asleep on me" and "they fell asleep on me". It seems to be regular lingo among the youth in this circle, for sure. And it seems to mean someone didn't follow through on something, or literally fell asleep instead of doing something.

10:00 AM (About)
PB and DB communicate over phone (text and voice) to discuss skincare products and hair.
*DB on Peas 1-18-2011

PB and KB text message to coordinate time to hang out later that afternoon.
*KB on Peas 1-18-2011

MJ returns to wash clothes and pack.
*MJ on FindPB FB (see Cubby's post #177, pg. 8 of this thread)

11:08 AM
Last communication between PB and KB.
*KB on Peas 1-18-2011

11:30 AM
PB leaves message on Facebook stating that she is hungry.
*RB on Peas 1-2-2011

12:23 PM
Last communication between PB and DB
*DB answers Q's on FB (see NatLock's post #488, pg. 20 of first thread)

[/I]
(respectfully snipped by me, BBM)

Here are aspects of the timeline that concern me:

12:23-12:30PM -- According to DB, the last time she communicated with PB was at 12:23PM. If this is accurate, and KB attempted to text PB at 12:30PM and garnered no response... what happened in that 7 minutes? Unless she has narcolepsy which has gone unreported, I cannot imagine that she fell asleep.

1:00-1:30PM -- According to KB, she called PB at 1:00PM with no answer. According to DB, MJ called her at 1:04PM to tell her that PB was asleep. Conspicuous timing? KB called again at 1:20PM, still no answer.

Again, this is assuming those times are accurate....

I believe that the information from the last Peas interview is the most accurate. The way I understood it, DB texted back to PB at 12:23, and did not receive an answer. I did not understand it that DB recieved a text back. The last known communication from PB, that I know of, is 11:08 and 11:30. For these reasons, I would like to know the last PHONE contact PB had. Because all the rest could have been planted.

IMO, whatever happened happened between 11:30 and 12:30, because PB would have responded to her texts.

Looking at the timeline by MsOh, whatever happened to the text below? I have a hard time thinking JS would pull that out of thin air. It's easy to get confused and be mistaken on some of small details, but that's not a small detail -- that's a whole text message with a time, that no one is discussing anymore, kwim?

Posted by georgiajean at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5984442&postcount=219

bbm

Whoa. The last half of the interview above is really crucial to listen to.
This is what JS said (paraphrased)

RB told MJ to stay away from the apartment. JS wanted to talk to him, wanted to see his face and eyes.
RB does not let DB talk to anyone.
What JS heard from DB, regarding the time line on Tuesday (the day PB disappeared) was that MJ (she calls him "Mike") said he saw her sleeping at 1:30. Then, at 5 pm, MJ texted DB and said that PB was up and active.
WHAT??
Hang on a minute...

SS (JB's older sister, JS's oldest daughter) talked to PB on Monday. During that phone call on Monday, PB told SS that one of the guys had made a sexual advance at PB, and she had rejected him, and that she felt uncomfortable.
Again, WHAT?? Who WAS this guy? That sure looks like a smoking gun to me.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category....partnerclipid=

Looking at the timeline by MsOh, whatever happened to the text below? I have a hard time thinking JS would pull that out of thin air. It's easy to get confused and be mistaken on some of small details, but that's not a small detail -- that's a whole text message with a time, that no one is discussing anymore, kwim?

I totally agree. This has bothered me a lot. The only things I can think of were that LE put a stop on that, because it was important for the investigation, or JS confused things, which is possible given her mental state at this time (completely understandable). It may be that DB muddled things while relaying information to JS. DB is under the gun with JS, and has reason to be nervous. I also notice that DB says things out of sequence some times. She'll talk about one thing, and then she's back tracked to correct something or mention something she forgot, but it seems like she's continuing with the sequence. So who knows.

If you didn't see, on the last Peas interview, one of the moderators asked about that text, and got nothing in response. I SO wish they had followed through on that more.

(respectfully snipped by me, BBM)

I believe that the information from the last Peas interview is the most accurate. The way I understood it, DB texted back to PB at 12:23, and did not receive an answer. I did not understand it that DB recieved a text back. The last known communication from PB, that I know of, is 11:08 and 11:30. For these reasons, I would like to know the last PHONE contact PB had. Because all the rest could have been planted.

IMO, whatever happened happened between 11:30 and 12:30, because PB would have responded to her texts.

I agree for the most part. I'm wondering if PB left with MJ for lunch between 11:08 and 1:30. MJ came back to the apartment without her at 1:30 to plant the info she was sleeping, left again and went to dispose her somewhere.

I wonder if LE could verify which machines MJ claimed to wash his clothes and determine if they were running at the time he claimed. I have no clue if that is possible and it is just a guess...... OR if there were other residents using the laundry room that afternoon who were witnesses to MJ being there.

Great! Now what is LE???

For anyone new to the thread....
PB is the missing person
JS is PB's mom, who was living in NC but moved to Atlanta to be with family
SS is PB's big sister in NC who she talked with about what was going on in the Bmore apartment
DB is PB's sister in Baltimore (Bmore), who PB was staying with
KB is PB's other sister in Bmore
BB is PB's brother in Bmore
RB is PB's father, who lives in Atlanta
MJ is DB's ex-boyfriend. They had been together for 10 years, and were in the process of splitting when PB was visiting.

There are others who can not be named, as they have not been named in MSM, like
Bro/Cou, MJ's younger relative who was staying at the apartment the night before PB went missing.

You're welcome! The time given (4:50 PM) was according to MJ in a comment he made on the Find PB facebook group a couple of days ago (Wednesday?). I guess the... theme... of this timeline is that they are all first-hand accounts (well, mostly).

Yes! Here yesterday, gone today. I am kicking myself for not taking screenshots the other night. Thankfully those comments were summarized in detail here. However, they did leave up a few negative comments regarding DB, which causes me wonder if LE or MJ's lawyer had some part in the removal of the J family posts.

Thankfully, I had copied and pasted the original FB posts. I checked with a moderator, and I am not allowed to post them here, per TOS, but I can check them and verify the accuracy of what was written there, if need be. If someone else took screen shots, that would be better, but I am glad to have what I have.

there is a link with all the WS abbreviations on the previous page (13) of this thread.

hth

I agree for the most part. I'm wondering if PB left with MJ for lunch between 11:08 and 1:30. MJ came back to the apartment without her at 1:30 to plant the info she was sleeping, left again and went to dispose her somewhere.

I wonder if LE could verify which machines MJ claimed to wash his clothes and determine if they were running at the time he claimed. I have no clue if that is possible and it is just a guess...... OR if there were other residents using the laundry room that afternoon who were witnesses to MJ being there.

Because that would not have been a total lie, if she was knocked out somewhere...

The only problems I have with this scenario is that LE checked MJ's (and all other POI's) vehicles and residences thoroughly. Unless he was using someone else's vehicle, because he was moving?

The idea of witnesses in the laundry room is great.
And there's that FB post at 11:30 saying she was hungry. Was that posted by someone other than PB?

Did I read somewhere that PB had posted on FB that she was at the apartment with MJ?

Thankfully, I had copied and pasted the original FB posts. I checked with a moderator, and I am not allowed to post them here, per TOS, but I can check them and verify the accuracy of what was written there, if need be. If someone else took screen shots, that would be better, but I am glad to have what I have.

We can't copy and paste, but the above is accurate. Members are welcome to ask GJ to verify info by checking her copy. We can't add screen shots either, just paraphrase and link, but since the links no longer work members who saved the info are welcome to answer questions check for accuracy if other members request.

hth

Cubby

Because that would not have been a total lie, if she was knocked out somewhere...

The only problems I have with this scenario is that LE checked MJ's (and all other POI's) vehicles and residences thoroughly. Unless he was using someone else's vehicle, because he was moving?

The idea of witnesses in the laundry room is great.
And there's that FB post at 11:30 saying she was hungry. Was that posted by someone other than PB?

Did I read somewhere that PB had posted on FB that she was at the apartment with MJ?

LE hasn't released the results of forensics from any of the POI's vehicles. (IIRC the only info released was nothing was found of forensic value in the apartment). We don't know if they found anything in them or not..... We don't know for certain if item taken into custody have been returned to their owner or are still being held for processing by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE