MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With DB uncle being on the baltimore LE perhaps he is covering up for her.

I believe this case has gotten as far as it has because of the uncle. If he knew inside info that pointed to anyone in the family and he wanted to cover it up, it seems logical to conclude that he would not have pushed and pushed for add'l attention to the case.

In the beginning, I believe the original LE that responded said she had run away and when JS spoke to an officer and said PB would not run away and that someone had taken her, the officer responded that she had watched too much television (it's in an interview - not sure which one but I'll look for the link). If the uncle wanted to help keep a family member out of trouble, I believe he would have just let the "runaway" story go on.

JHMO

I don't have working computer speakers Carolina Mom, so I have only been able to glean the info GJ' has posted from the Pea's interviews.

Phylicia went missing on Tuesday December 28th. Anyone arriving on Wednesday would not be part of the time line of possible POI's.

I understand it would illiminate him from the timeline. I was just asking if it had been verified that he indeed came a day later and not sooner. That's where I was going. I do agree that no one with LE would help cover him.

With DB uncle being on the baltimore LE perhaps he is covering up for her.

It's a far reaching stretch to presume anyone let alone LE would risk their career to cover for a family member guilty of a crime. With an initial 100 or so officers working this case it would be hard to reasonably assume any one officer could manage a cover up from more than 100 officers and detectives from multiple agencies. We know the FBI is working this case in addition to BPD and IIRC the state police are offering assistance as well.

It's possible, but imo far reaching. Also, just as a friendly reminder WS is both a victim friendly (includes family of the victim) and LE friendly forum. I chose to let the post stand because there is the occasional bad apple in LE. I just don't think a family tie is enough to stand alone on in this case. We don't have any evidence of such as we might with a high profile case with demonstrated police corruption (jon burge in chicago comes to mind as an example).

. Also, just as a friendly reminder WS is both a victim friendly (includes family of the victim) and LE friendly forum. I chose to let the post stand because there is the occasional bad apple in LE. I just don't think a family tie is enough to stand alone on in this case. We don't have any evidence of such as we might with a high profile case with demonstrated police corruption (jon burge in chicago comes to mind as an example).

Just curious as to why WS is "family friendly"? Especially given so many cases of victims involving a family member such as that of Laci Peterson. Just asking.

And to add..if we are only allowed to suspect "non family" members then technically we should not suspect MJ either because DB said in her interview with "Peas" that PB did not know of anyone outside the B or J family and she said they were all "like family".

Just curious as to why WS is "family friendly"? Especially given so many cases of victims involving a family member such as that of Laci Peterson. Just asking.

And to add..if we are only allowed to suspect "non family" members then technically we should not suspect MJ either because DB said in her interview with "Peas" that PB did not know of anyone outside the B or J family and she said they were all "like family".

By victim friendly we consider those not directly involved in a crime as victims if a family member is a victim of a crime. We can discuss and speculate on possible persons of interest, whether they are family or not, based on credible information available to us such as MSM, court documents, LE press releases. Yes, we do include discussion here at WS on crimes committed by a family member.

hth

I believe this case has gotten as far as it has because of the uncle. If he knew inside info that pointed to anyone in the family and he wanted to cover it up, it seems logical to conclude that he would not have pushed and pushed for add'l attention to the case.

In the beginning, I believe the original LE that responded said she had run away and when JS spoke to an officer and said PB would not run away and that someone had taken her, the officer responded that she had watched too much television (it's in an interview - not sure which one but I'll look for the link). If the uncle wanted to help keep a family member out of trouble, I believe he would have just let the "runaway" story go on.

JHMO

Just wanted to say that the "runaway" story was something that all family members confronted, from the get-go. DB talked about it, BB and RB referred to it, JS confronted the LE directly over the phone at 8-ish when she called DB. In the first two Peas interviews, all mention trying to convince LE that PB would NOT runaway, and feeling frustrated that it took so long to convince them of such. I would hazard a guess that the location of the apartment complex, and the reputation of that area of the city played a large role in LE's assumptions at the outset. Only when they realized WHO PB was, did they go "OH, we really need to look at this!"

I understand it would illiminate him from the timeline. I was just asking if it had been verified that he indeed came a day later and not sooner. That's where I was going. I do agree that no one with LE would help cover him.

In my review of all the articles posted on the first thread, I can say that MSM, DB, RB, BB, and JS have all stated that RB arrived in Bmore on Wednesday. JS arrived Thursday, according to MSM and personal statements.

BB arrived at the apartment about 6:30, and only left to drive around the city to see if PB was lost. He spent the night there, according to his statements and DB's. But I do not see any mention of LE saying BB was there.

In the case of the missing Las Vegas Dancer, her boyfriend was the last person reported to see her prior to her disappearance. He is now being prosecuted for the victim's murder. I thought it was eerie that the Puerto Rican native grew up in Baltimore, MD before moving to NV (according to MSM).

I think this story is relavent to the PB story because it justifies why we would expect MJ to be a POI, being that he was reported the last person to see PB. If it is not ok to post, please remove.

http://www.metrolic.com/boyfriend-arrested-in-debbie-flores-narvaez-murder-case-156187/

In the case of the missing Las Vegas Dancer, her boyfriend was the last person reported to see her prior to her disappearance. He is now being prosecuted for the victim's murder. I thought it was eerie that the Puerto Rican native grew up in Baltimore, MD before moving to NV (according to MSM).

I think this story is relavent to the PB story because it justifies why we would expect MJ to be a POI. If it is not ok to post, please remove.

http://www.metrolic.com/boyfriend-arrested-in-debbie-flores-narvaez-murder-case-156187/

I think the last person to see someone is usually the first suspect. (OT: As far as the dancer's BF, I thought he was born in NY?)

I can't help but wonder how LE hopes to keep the case in the media with no new information regarding the case. No offense to LE but first it was no media, then they were satisfied with national media. I think it will be incredibly difficult to maintain news coverage on this case with only frequent press releases requesting the publics assistance and they have no leads.

Meanwhile,I've pondered why LE has not been able to officially clear DB and KB and the only thing that makes any logical sense is LE has not been able to determine conclusively that any voice or electronic messages came directly from PB herself. When did LE verify PB last spoke with an idependent credible 'witness' outside of the group who are possibly being investigated as POI's? Did any of the possible 8 have anything to substantiate their alibi's? They are stating she could have been taken out of state and I recall a statement about Missouri (in one of the MSM articles) which sounded as if it was pulled out of the sky for lack of better wording. East of the Mississippi is not much of a starting point to work with. **shrug**

Phylicia deserves to be found..... I pray this case does not fall off the radar due to nothing from LE to the press outside the usual, she is still missing....

jmo

I think the last person to see someone is usually the first suspect. (OT: As far as the dancer's BF, I thought he was born in NY?)

The Puerto Rican native I was referring to was the victim, herself. Sorry for the wording.

Phylicia deserves to be found..... I pray this case does not fall off the radar due to nothing from LE to the press outside the usual, she is still missing....

jmo

I agree that Phylicia needs to be found. She didn't ask for any of whatever she got or is getting. As far as LE and falling off the radar, another similarity to the Vegas case. The victim had been missing for over 30 days. The police had no leads until someone finally came forward. I'm hoping that will happen with PB, that someone's conscience will get the best of them. For Pete's sake! This is Day 27.

I'd love to have a starting point to work on maps from the apartment. However it is such a wide possible range that we could go anywhere from Monday evening until the time she was reported missing. If it were confirmed she was last heard from at 12:30 and MJ returned at 6pm we could work on that 5.5 hour mark...... If we had some word from LE they have narrowed it down to one POI (without naming names). Heck, she could have been passed off to a long haul trucker and be found in Cali at this rate....

I'm obviously frustrated by the lack of information to work with here.

Phylicia deserves to be found and her mother, father and family do not deserve this nightmare of waiting...... Someone knows and why or what is keeping the lid so tight on this group?

jmo

I agree that Phylicia needs to be found. She didn't ask for any of whatever she got or is getting. As far as LE and falling off the radar, another similarity to the Vegas case. The victim had been missing for over 30 days. The police had no leads until someone finally came forward. I'm hoping that will happen with PB, that someone's conscience will get the best of them. For Pete's sake! This is Day 27.

:grouphug: Everyone!

Carolina Mom we have cases here in our missing but not forgotten discussion forum which are more than 50 years old. :( Granted LE has resources today which were non existant 50 years ago and it is all very sad. But now that LE has everyones attention what gives?

This is huge. IMO
Authorities have not named a suspect or person of interest in the case, but, according to Barnes, investigators have been focusing on specific individuals.

"There are a couple people hindering the case," Barnes said. "Some people who have had lawyers for the last couple of weeks and the police don't understand why. It has gotten to the point where their families are complaining to the mayor's office that the police are pretty much harassing them. But they are people of interest."
(Barnes = RB, PB's father)

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/24/phylicia-barnes-dad-please-let-my-daughter-go/

i agree that sleep story is a story. why awake at around 10 am shower and then 3 hours later your asleep especially when your about to get your doo done. pb i believed had crush on younger bro for whatever reason he may not been that into him. okay i know both families were close db and mj is that why younger bro was allowed to stay night at apt. how old is younger bro. why in the world is every one up and about after a night of partying except pb. i believe she was up around 10 the brother were there or at least one of them were there alone with her in apt. something went terriblely wrong and now a coverup. only thing i cant see them carrying body out to car without anyone noticeing. im a person who alway glance out my windows many times a day. mainly to make sure my car doesnt get stolen its happen before sorry

More from the article.
Guglielmi has declined to name any potential suspects. He said seeking polygraph examinations is a possibility.

"We have explored that," he said. "Obviously, you need consent from counsel and all that and I don't think we have received that. At this point, it is definitely something on the table."

PB's stepfather, who has raised PB since she was 3, is named in this article. RM are his initials.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/24/phylicia-barnes-dad-please-let-my-daughter-go/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob