MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt that MJ is a role model to his younger brothers and cousin. They look up to him. I think MJ had much on his mind. Despite of this break up with his and DB's relationship, I believe they both love one another. Yet, the relationship was unhealthy. DB is no longer a little girl. She is maturing now, tired of having the same issues with MJ.

Again, MJ was upset about having to move, he still loves DB. They were splitting up. He had to think about where he wanted to live and some people do not handle rejection very well. PB came to visit at the wrong time. In MJ's eyes, PB was an intruder. MJ probably viewed PB as being in the way and causing trouble for him. It probably upset MJ to see how DB was giving so much love to PB, just to see how happy DB and PB were together. Almost as if he was getting replaced. MJ probably wanted some of that attention/affection. Also, PB got to sleep there, along with LBC and MJ felt as though he was left in the cold.

They say, when break-ups occur, it is one of the most unsafe times. MJ didn't want to harm DB physically. He may have thought about it. Who knows. He loves her too much. MJ was accustomed to KB. These people have been around for a while (able to grow close). But PB is a different story. MJ doesn't have the same strong feeling for PB as he does for DB and perhaps KB. MJ wanted revenge. Anything at the time to hurt DB's heart. Plus, PB was in MJ way, perhaps PB even rejected MJ and maybe even reporting some of MJ's activity. MJ knew if something were to happen to PB, it would hurt DB. LBC, didn't have a reason to be as upset with PB as MJ was but, eventually LBC would have to move out as well anyway. Phone contact was lost while only MJ and PB was alone. We do know that LBC did return at some point. Could have been an accomplice. There are certain brothers that spent more time at the apt who would be the first to assist MJ in a cover up and perhaps a couple more family members or friends. If some of them had nothing to do with the cover up; they absolutely know what happened.

Let the record reflect. Although, DB may have been wrong to allow PB to experiment, she probably thought it would be safer for PB to experiment while present with DB. Big sister, little sister type thing. DB probably just wanted PB to have a nice time, fun and some freedom, treat PB like a young adult. These are my opinions. A sad story here.

Break up or no break up DB was no stranger to the company she kept. When persons approaching the age of 30 find it acceptable to introduce persons who just barely finished drivers ed to adult activities which include alcohol and illegal drugs - something is NOT RIGHT.

Phylica wasn't even of legal age to buy tobacco and in many states not even old enough to drive a car with more than one passenger and not able to legally drive certain hours of the day. I can't for the life of me ponder what would be going through any almost 30 year olds mind to introduce a 16 year old to drugs and alcohol. Along with whatever else was happening in that circle which eventually led to Phylicia vanishing into thin air. Not to mention why this group could not refrain from that type of activity for the duration of an out of state minor family member visiting.

It just makes me sad. Poor Phylicia went into that home completely unaware the adults responsible for her safety were not capable of providing it. All the while trusting 'age' had something to do with responsibility and being grown up... and now Phylicia is no where to be found and her mother is living her worst nightmare.

JMO

There's a difference between letting your teen sister "experiment" with a drink or two, or try MJ --- in the safety of your own apartment with the doors closed and without 20 random people coming in/out. I personally think it was too much, however.

When I was a teen, I rebelled and got into some heavy partying from ages 15-17. Although I had ways of getting alcohol/MJ, never once did anyone older who cared about me provide it or allow me to join them. I tried to get my cousins to buy alcohol: no chance. When I would visit extended family on vacations and "go out" with my older cousins, they would watch me like a hawk - even if they were drinking/smoking - to make sure I didn't touch any of it. And if the partying got too out of control (as it did one time and guys started making passes), I was immediately shoved in the car and dropped back off at their parents' home. (ETA: As a young teen, I didn't realize what the older boys were "expecting", but my cousins did.) It doesn't mean I didn't experiment or run into trouble in my hometown with friends - but I do recall being protected by my older cousins. Even a friend of mine in my hometown who was into cocaine and eventually wound up in YDC wouldn't let me try cocaine one night when I begged to at a party. "You're too nice - I won't let you get messed up with this stuff." That was the one and only night that I ever even wanted to try it - and I wonder what would have happened if he had allowed me to? Would I have become one of those hooked on it???

I agree about DB needing to provide a safe environment for PB: I think that older siblings/cousins/friends need to protect the younger ones and not contribute to their delinquency or expose them to danger, especially when away from home.

Same thing for putting PB in a position to verify that picture. This wasn't some high school breakup (even though those can be rough). This was an adult relationship that had been going on for a decade. Serious stuff. To put her in the middle with her very different viewpoint/life experiences was not fair to her. I don't think she had any idea the ramifications of getting in the middle of a (volatile?) breakup between two adults.

:no:

Could MJ be covering for something that happened with the cousin and P before he got there?

Could MJ be covering for something that happened with the cousin and P before he got there?

I'm thinking more along the lines of LBC. MJ is a possibility as well - or both of them. But, would MJ really take the heat for LBC? Maybe now but not if the heat is turned up by LE and an arrest is made.

But I'm puzzled about LBC being there when MJ returned -- or at least letting that get into the public. He must be planning on using LBC as a scapegoat or LBC really did it. Here's my thinking on adding other people into the mix that don't need to be (such as if MJ did it and LBC walked in, etc): you would want LE questioning as few people as possible, kwim? The more people questioned as witnesses, the greater the chance that someone will eventually crack under pressure and tell LE the truth.

So the fact that MJ is bringing LBC into the mix is going to figure prominently somehow, IMHO.

Wasn't there a point when only the cousin and P were alone in the apartment, if he did spend the night? I was thinking about this last night. And then MJ shows up the first time, who knows what he finds? Or participates in...

This morning, I am reading all of your excellent posts about PB and that apartment, the drug use, and the role of elders as protectors of youngers from that which they truly do not understand... I nod my head. Very well put, you all. Yep. I am infuriated with the "adults" who try to encourage and inculcate teens into the lifestyle the adults have chosen for themselves. Members of the 12 clearly encouraged the teens around them to partake, and clearly don't have a problem drinking/smoking to excess. It is probable that when they were teens, the adults around them encouraged it, as well. Who knows. What an absolute crime to lose PB to this, though. As her mom said, She is a flower. I want her back in her window box in NC, not in a basement in Bmore.

I still hold out hope. I can't stand the thought of her light snuffed out, so I will keep hoping, keep trying to find a clue...

Phylicia Barnes disappeared from Baltimore a month ago; police have no leads

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/31/AR2011013106089.html

bbm
More than a month after the 16-year-old from North Carolina went missing wearing her new white slipper-boots, Baltimore police say they have no idea what happened to the track star and honors student who had planned to graduate early from high school and attend Towson University.

As promising leads fizzle and searches turn up nothing, the baffling case has taken a toll not only on Phylicia's family but on police as well.

Even more troubling, they say, is that no one has reported seeing her since her sister's ex-boyfriend reported her asleep on the living room couch. The ex-boyfriend now has an attorney; police said several of the people they've talked to have retained legal representation.

Phylicia's mother, Janice Sallis, has accused 27-year-old Deena of condoning alcohol use and allowing men to come and go from her apartment when Phylicia visited.

The missing girl's father, Russell Barnes, has denounced Sallis.

This is all so very sad. Not only is Phylicia missing but it is really tearing the family apart. I guess the stress of having a missing child in a family often takes its toll, doesn't it? :(

Wasn't there a point when only the cousin and P were alone in the apartment, if he did spend the night? I was thinking about this last night. And then MJ shows up the first time, who knows what he finds? Or participates in...

MJ's account of the morning timeline (Find PB FB page, now removed) left 15 minutes between the time DB left for work and the time he arrived to bring LBC to another family members home.

LBC, if young, used electronics that could account for his whereabouts by cell ping.

I wonder why MJ chose Tuesday as his day to pack and do laundry. I realize Christmas was the previous Saturday but why not Sunday the 26th? Surely he had some holiday time off from work. Outside of the family gatherings we are still talking a 4 day or so weekend here. Why did he choose a day to do laundry and pack when he knew PB was alone in the apartment for at least half a day, or expected a half day. If KB was there Monday evening, I'm sure everyone there knew of the plans the following day for KB to pick PB up after work which they knew was early afternoon.

I keep trying to think of possible scenarios outside of MJ and I keep coming back to that makes less sense or no sense.

Now I find myself wondering if MJ overheard PB being supportive and encouraging of DB moving on with her life, letting him go, she deserves better (possibly he cheated on you, I wouldn't stand for that..) on the same day MJ allegedly asked DB if they could reconcile again. If he was intent on hoping after 10 years they could get back together the possibility of overhearing PB interferring with that could have really angered him and he viewed her as an intruder in his and DB's relationship.

His lack of cooperation with LE concerns me as well. If he really left while PB was sleeping on the couch why can't he account for his time? Where was his freshly laundered clothing?

and last but not least why is MJ not willing to take a poly? If he is innocent why not take one and get the focus off himself so LE can focus in other directions? If the 12 possible POI's had nothing to do with PB's disappearance why wouldn't they be in support of DB, KB and MJ and take the poly's so LE doesn't waste any more time focusing on this group?

I can only think of one reason any of the 12 would be unwilling to take a poly and that is because they know who is responsible and don't want to assist LE in finding that person. Otherwise I'm not worrying about 11 other people regarding something I have no knowledge of. I'm taking the poly and clearing myself.

I don't think LE will reveal who of the 12 may already be ruled out. I think they will continue to allow the perp to believe there are still 12 persons of interest being investigated until they have their man and enough for charges.

JMO

This is such a tragedy.

Who is LBC? MJ's cousin? Can someone fill me in on his connection?

MJ knows something. End of story. Other people know too, but they aren't talking.

I am really hoping that LE really does have leads, ie MJ or his cousin, but don't want to spill the beans just yet (they want more evidence). I hope to g-d they are watching MJ's every move, every bite, sneeze, and poop.

Frankly, I think DB may know more than she's saying, but I'm willing to cut her from the line-up in exchange for MJ.

I hope they really thoroughly examined everyone in that apartment that weekend. Facebook posts, words on the street, employer interviews, etc.

I hope LE knows DB and MJ's entire relationship story from day one.

Too bad there weren't security cameras outside the apartment complex. That would be nice. Especially in areas around or in the city, apt complexes need that kind of thing.

Most times, families with a missing child don't have another child involved in the time and place of the disappearance. It is sad that the family is now at odds, but I can see how P's mom must be furious and terrified and feels this should never have happened, as of course, it shouldn't.

LBC is the abbv we are using for little brother/cousin as the 4th person known to be there the morning PB went missing has been refered to as both a little brother and cousin of MJ.

hth

I am feeling really discouraged about finding Phylicia, or anyone being charged with her abduction and/or murder. I hate reading those words, that some of the people who last saw her have obtained lawyers. I just do not understand how innocent people can get lawyers and stop talking to LE when a friend or relative is missing. I can't help thinking of Brittanee Drexel again, last seen with friends, at least one has a lawyer and won't cooperate and coming up on two years, no sign of Brittanee.

If this group of folks was being honest with LE, taken polygraphs, etc. and allowed LE to clear them and move on, then perhaps I would believe P was the unlucky victim of a random stranger. Their refusal or inability to do this is very scary and depressing and not good for P...

I am feeling really discouraged about finding Phylicia, or anyone being charged with her abduction and/or murder. I hate reading those words, that some of the people who last saw her have obtained lawyers. I just do not understand how innocent people can get lawyers and stop talking to LE when a friend or relative is missing. I can't help thinking of Brittanee Drexel again, last seen with friends, at least one has a lawyer and won't cooperate and coming up on two years, no sign of Brittanee.

If this group of folks was being honest with LE, taken polygraphs, etc. and allowed LE to clear them and move on, then perhaps I would believe P was the unlucky victim of a random stranger. Their refusal or inability to do this is very scary and depressing and not good for P...

Does anyone know how often family members retain counsel, and end up being innocent? I know Jon-Bennet's parents are supposed to be an example of that, but are there any more? All the cases I can think of, the person who lawyer-ed up ended up being the main suspect, or actually charged with the crime. I can see retaining counsel AND cooperating. But retaining counsel AND blocking the investigation? That smells very, very suspicious to me.

YES!! Our friend Mr.Rondeau has posted on Pray for PB FB page that he has given people the opportunity to clear their names via polygraph, and one person has stepped up and accepted his offer. The test will be administered Wednesday afternoon.

Can anyone explain what a polygraph exactly is, and how much we can depend on its results? How good are they?

ETA the person taking the test tomorrow is DB.

Sorry to hear that RB has denounced JS. Very sad. I hope they can come to an understanding someday. At least, not hate one another. I don't know if JS is ever going to accept the fact that certain adults acted so irresponsible with PB's safety. It is important to protect ones sisters and brothers. Even MJ is (allegedly) protecting his brother(s) and cousin. At least in his eyes but mainly protecting himself. PB should have been protected!

At times, some very young children are exposed to a certain type of atmosphere. They see and hear many things while growing up. In a sense, they begin to learn what danger means; dangerous situations. In PB's case, from what has been stated, she wasn't exposed to this type of life until a later age in life. Although, she is still young. Yet, coming into adulthood. PB would have been absolutely (naive) to how some people and situations can be.

I believe that MJ and family had been exposed to a certain life style at a young age. They are aware of danger to the point that they may have become dangerous themselves. Again, a very sad story. I pray for the best, for closure and that justice will be served. :praying:

I am glad to hear DB is willing and going to take a poly. I don't have 100% faith in them but the fact that she is willing to take one does speak to me.
Hope to hear the results soon!

YES!! Our friend Mr.Rondeau has posted on Pray for PB FB page that he has given people the opportunity to clear their names via polygraph, and one person has stepped up and accepted his offer. The test will be administered Wednesday afternoon.

Can anyone explain what a polygraph exactly is, and how much we can depend on its results? How good are they?

ETA the person taking the test tomorrow is DB.

Thank you for posting this GJ - Excellent news!

Because only one of the 2 half sisters have volunteered I am going to take a leap and say we can probably be fairly certain KB is then not one of the 12 and was possibly ruled out as having been at work when PB disappeared and was possibly confirmed to not have been at the apartment Monday evening.

So lets say that leaves 10 or 11 (if KB was never included in the 12), would that then leave MJ, LBC, and uh maybe whoever PB spent Christmas with?

Hmmm.... Gosh would I like to know who was at Christmas/Christmas Eve dinner and where it was held. Anyone willing to consider the 12 is a higher number than the actual person(s) LE is focusing on?

For some reason I think only DB, MJ, LBC and PB were at the apartment Monday night. Can't say exactly why I feel that way but I do.

jmo

Thank you for posting this GJ - Excellent news!

Because only one of the 2 half sisters have volunteered I am going to take a leap and say we can probably be fairly certain KB is then not one of the 12 and was possibly ruled out as having been at work when PB disappeared and was possibly confirmed to not have been at the apartment Monday evening.

So lets say that leaves 10 or 11 (if KB was never included in the 12), would that then leave MJ, LBC, and uh maybe whoever PB spent Christmas with?

Hmmm.... Gosh would I like to know who was at Christmas/Christmas Eve dinner and where it was held. Anyone willing to consider the 12 is a higher number than the actual person(s) LE is focusing on?

For some reason I think only DB, MJ, LBC and PB were at the apartment Monday night. Can't say exactly why I feel that way but I do.

jmo

:)
I see your post and raise you a couple ideas... lol.

The 12 include anyone who had access to PB and the apartment during the week of her disappearance, if I understand the myriad MSM accounts correctly. KB is in the number 12, but I don't think she is considered seriously as a POI. She's there, just because LE can't rule anybody out at this point. KB should take a poly just to come clean on her participation in the cluster that left PB exposed. jimo.

Yeah, I believe the number 12 is much larger than the actual list of who they suspect... As for the 12...We know MJ, LBC, KB, DB, and possibly BB are on the list. I know of three relatives of MJ (besides LBC) who were there during the week prior (according to social networking posts). So I can count 8. Highly possible that some aunts came by, or some female relatives of MJ. As far as the list of who is suspect? I have 3 on my list.

Far as I know, Christmas was spent at "mom's" house. DB/KB/BB's mom's. Grandma was there, too. (Per social networking sites and posts on Pray for PB from mom and grandma)

I have MJ, DB, PB, and LBC at the apartment Monday evening. But MJ did not stay there. He went to work (he works nights, so he indicated on Find PB, now scrubbed), and went to his new place after work (IMO). He spoke to DB via phone around 11 pm, to tell her he'd be picking up LBC and packing (again, Find PB posts, now scrubbed). But DB indicates she knew he would be picking up LBC, but not that he'd be there packing, hanging....(Peas interview #3)

I can't remember, what day did PB get to Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro