MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She worked at a pharmacy, so I wonder which one and where? If it was just a stand-alone CVS or something, then I have a hard time believing that she just sat there all day and also that a boss/manager would allow that. (Whose to say that DB wasn't a mgr or asst mgr, though - all we know is she worked in a pharmacy but is it actually stated that she was a pharmacy tech or a sales person?).

But if it were in a mall, a large shopping center, or a busy downtown area, then I can see PB going with her - but coming/going throughout the day, hanging out in nearby shops, etc.

Good points. Especially about the possibility of a mall or shopping center.

Also in the Peas interview, DB & KB were asked to respond to statements from MSM about PB going to get something to eat, etc. They both implied those statements had come from MJ. KB responded "when they said she had ran out and would be back @ 11:30"..., and then was interrupted.

First of all, who is "they"? Is that MJ and LBC or MSM?

Second, is this another version (be back @ 11:30am)?

So let me get this straight J brothers: PB got up that morning, took a shower, got dressed, fixed her hair, got on the computer, ran to get something to eat, came back @11:30, ate her food, then took a nap @ 1pm, and mumbled something about going to get her hair done as ya'll were leaving out the door? Is that right fellas???

I kind of agree here - but the problem I see with MJ being the perp and LBC covering is this: why state that LBC was back over there when MJ returned later that afternoon? It seems to me that if MJ returned from disposing of PB :)() and LBC was there and found out what happened (either on his own or from being told by MJ), then they would have decided to keep LBC's return trip a secret. It may have been, though, that LBC was with MJ the entire day.

But the problem with adding another witness at a crucial time is that you have another person questioned by LE about that particular time slot. IOW, more lies to keep straight. Yes, LBC stayed the night and was there in the morning. But if that was it, then he could just say to LE - "I woke up, showered, and was out there early so I have no idea what went on during the rest of the day".

It seems more likely that they were in this together and that MJ is covering for LBC. He added that LBC was there when he returned, as a way out down the road if he decides not to keep covering for LBC.

JMHO and all that...

I think MJ set LBC up to be there to find the place empty. My gut tells me MJ did this alone. Took PB under the guise of getting lunch and then rather than coming home to find her gone placed his LBC in the position to do so. It could very well be LBC was away from the apartment MJ claims he was.

I do think it was probably an uh oh moment when MJ decided it best be someone else to be there to take the spotlight off him. When in all reality if KB was expected it would not be out of the norm for MJ to return and not find PB there. IF LBC was there as MJ stated it is very strange someone other than the people living there would be there when neither people on the lease where there.

LBC arriving there prior to MJ or DB being home is very out of place here imo.

Also in the Peas interview, DB & KB were asked to respond to statements from MSM about PB going to get something to eat, etc. They both implied those statements had come from MJ. KB responded "when they said she had ran out and would be back @ 11:30"..., and then was interrupted.

First of all, who is "they"? Is that MJ and LBC or MSM?

Second, is this another version (be back @ 11:30am)?

So let me get this straight J brothers: PB got up that morning, took a shower, got dressed, fixed her hair, got on the computer, ran to get something to eat, came back @11:30, ate her food, then took a nap @ 1pm, and mumbled something about going to get her hair done as ya'll were leaving out the door? Is that right fellas???

I think by @ 11:30 was the time they got the text/message/call not when she was expected to return.

OT: I just checked the Baltimore news sites and saw a headline that a body was found and my heart dropped before I saw that it was Ed Reed's (B'more Ravens) brother who jumped off a bridge in New Orleans... my heart goes out to the Reed family but glad it wasn't Phylicia. Or, actually, given where I think this case is headed, I think the earlier the better - the family can have closure sooner... :()

And yeah, what about leaving PB alone with LBC? Was he SO young that he was too little to be a threat to PB?
NO. KB and DB made a point of saying that he was older than PB in the Peas interview.
BUT MJ made a point of saying LBC was in high school and was NOT GJ (the younger).
BUT GJ IS in high school.

AUGH. My head is spinning.

In the Peas interview, DB stated that LBC was "young", and KB stated that he was older than PB. Keep in mind, PB was graduating a year early from HS and she was almost 17. So "older than her" could be as young as 18, and one can still be in HS at 18.

JMO---

In the Peas interview, DB stated that LBC was "young", and KB stated that he was older than PB. Keep in mind, PB was graduating a year early from HS and she was almost 17. So "older than her" could be as young as 18.

JMO---

And I think that's the age in question here, IIRC. GJ? Anyone else know?

I think MJ set LBC up to be there to find the place empty. My gut tells me MJ did this alone. Took PB under the guise of getting lunch and then rather than coming home to find her gone placed his LBC in the position to do so. It could very well be LBC was away from the apartment MJ claims he was.

I do think it was probably an uh oh moment when MJ decided it best be someone else to be there to take the spotlight off him. When in all reality if KB was expected it would not be out of the norm for MJ to return and not find PB there. IF LBC was there as MJ stated it is very strange someone other than the people living there would be there when neither people on the lease where there.

LBC arriving there prior to MJ or DB being home is very out of place here imo.

bbm

And I think that is key: to figure out why LBC was there at that time.

But if MJ were setting up LBC to be there, then why would he send that text saying she was 'up/about'? I can't get that out of my head - maybe JS did get confused with all that was being said to her. It's still in my mind, though.

In the Peas interview, one of the callers really gave KB a hard time in pinning down the last time she had been in the apt, being Mon night or Sun night. First KB had said Mon, then she changed to Sun. It's like she did not want to be placed there the "night before"...? I wonder why? hmm

I think PB needs to be found whether alive or deceased. She doesn't belong where ever she is at! She needs to be brought back to NC (preferably) so that proper arrangements can be made. Her classmates are torn all to peices. We are all wearing purple ribbons here in hope that she will be found safe. Hope is all we have until further notice.

It's time for some LD tests, some expert psycho analysts, whatever they need to do. No more of this waiting game. Start playing people against each other! This is a shame!

JMO----Goodnight ALL!

yes lbc may have gone back to see if pb was still there bacause perhaps he may have heard or over hear this person saying what his intentions were with pb lbc going back to apt may not considered the fact at that point he was going back to scene of crime person or people who took pb didnt know it was going to blow up so fast being a family member is a member of law enforcement and now afraid to release her also lbc may know something and afraid to talk.

That may very well be true. Perhaps PB was injured (somewhere) or another. Perhaps not to a point that DNA would be visible or traced at apt. If certain people were attempting to (heal) PB, then, release PB, it still wouldn't work, for fear that PB would be able to explain the BIG incident once she surfaced. Most times, people who commit certain crimes, do not want to leave any (witness alive that may be a threat). I don't believe they thought this case would gather as much attention. It was stated before that, People will not take much concern over certain people lost or missing on the streets of Bmore). If little bro and MJ are close in brotherhood, that leads me to believe that little bro knew what was going on (one time or another). Did anyone state what is MJ's place of employment during night hours? My response to little bro might be afraid to talk is, Prison is a cold and cold blooded place to spend the rest of ones life. Little bro is probably a little handsome as well. He's a little young and might be (naive) to hard core prison. What comes around, goes around. He will do better focusing on his future outside of prison, oppose to, the inside of a dark place where it is even easier for inmates to keep secrets. Allow me to add that, if PB is still alive, better to be charged with a (smaller) crime oppose to MURDER. Them prison Walls are not no joke. What says you?

bbm

And I think that is key: to figure out why LBC was there at that time.

But if MJ were setting up LBC to be there, then why would he send that text saying she was 'up/about'? I can't get that out of my head - maybe JS did get confused with all that was being said to her. It's still in my mind, though.

To draw attention away from himself. He couldn't not say she was up and about if she spoke to either of her sisters.

Three things to draw attention away from MJ and put suspicion elsewhere.
1)stating he saw her up and about
2)stating she was napping when he left (which none of us believe)
3)Assuring someone other than him arrived to find the apartment unlocked and empty.

jmo

In the Peas interview, DB stated that LBC was "young", and KB stated that he was older than PB. Keep in mind, PB was graduating a year early from HS and she was almost 17. So "older than her" could be as young as 18, and one can still be in HS at 18.

JMO---

I guess I don't consider 18 to be "older" than PB. DB and KB were specifically asked if he was "around PB's age", in High school, or what. They specifically said he was not around PB's age, he was older. But MJ said LBC was around PB's age. GJ the younger is 18.So this other younger brother would need to be 17? Unless they were twins... "GJ the younger" is the only younger brother (that I have found...) of MJ who was communicating with PB on FB/MS. I think this mysterious other younger brother is just a distraction and decoy to take attention off of MJ. I want to keep that heat lamp and spot light on MJ until the sweat of truth comes out.

I guess I don't consider 18 to be "older" than PB. DB and KB were specifically asked if he was "around PB's age", in High school, or what. They specifically said he was not around PB's age, he was older. But MJ said LBC was around PB's age. GJ the younger is 18.So this other younger brother would need to be 17? Unless they were twins... "GJ the younger" is the only younger brother (that I have found...) of MJ who was communicating with PB on FB/MS. I think this mysterious other younger brother is just a distraction and decoy to take attention off of MJ. I want to keep that heat lamp and spot light on MJ until the sweat of truth comes out.

Little bro's activity, didn't surface until much later. Either because LE (spotted) an inconsistency or pinged something of some sort. It would be odd for any parties involved to add that in later. It still makes (certain people) appear as if they were holding certain activities back. At that point, certain people had no choice but to come clean (right then and there about little bro's over night stay). Once that was exposed, new clues suddenly came about. MJ mentioned he was being hammered (probably more so than each individual) being that it was stated that he was the last person to see PB. MJ is NOT going to want detectives following him all day and night. It interferes with things he likes to do (day or night). MJ (probably) feels as if, I'm NOT the only one! Neither he or little bro wants to serve time. No one does. But something got to (give). Although, certain people feel as if they have NOT been sloppy, I disagree. Anytime a person commits crimes out of RAGE, one will tend to get sloppy somewhere at some point and stage.

If anyone knows little bro and knows that little bro did not commit the act of crime (and if they truly love little bro), tell little bro he is only being used as a pawn, so someone else can save their hide. If little bro is now understanding that he is being used, he has much to consider. Why does the entire ship have to sink? If little bro is not captain of the ship, he does NOT have to save the ship.

I am pretty sure that MJ has three brothers. 1 is 18, 1 is 20, and 1 is 30.
The only one I can logically see staying at the house is the 18 year old.

This changes if there is a cousin who is considered a "brother". This would support GIJ's confusion (he posted that none of his brothers were at DB's house on the 27th) that was corrected by MJ (Yes, one of my brothers was at DB's place on the 27th).

IF MJ wanted to, he could let his LBC take the rap for this whole thing.
I don't think he'd do that.
If anyone is going to talk, it is MJ. It's the only way he can be the responsible big-brother.

If anyone knows little bro and knows that little bro did not commit the act of crime (and if they truly love little bro), tell little bro he is only being used as a pawn, so someone else can save their hide. If little bro is now understanding that he is being used, he has much to consider. Why does the entire ship have to sink? If little bro is not captain of the ship, he does NOT have to save the ship.

Looks like we are definitely on the same page! I was posting as you were. :)

To draw attention away from himself. He couldn't not say she was up and about if she spoke to either of her sisters.

3)Assuring someone other than him arrived to find the apartment unlocked and empty.

jmo

We are definitely looking down the same path.

Bringing this forward from post #208 on Thread #1, by awakewriter.

A useful tool for sleuthing in Maryland is the Maryland Judiciary Case Search.

Every state should have something this good.

For common names, it's helpful to narrow down by party type (attorney, defendant, plaintiff or other), and case type.

There are other ways to narrow it down. Narrowing by county could help you. Baltimore City would be a good place to start, followed by Baltimore County, Carroll, Howard, Anne Arundel, Harford, Montgomery, Prince George's, in that order.

Ocean City, a popular summer vacation spot where some people get in trouble, is in Worcester County, if you're being really thorough.

ETA link: http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

Sometimes I wish Mark Klaas was allowed to interview some of the POI's in these cases...he seems like he would not give up until he got what he needed. (Not saying these detectives are not doing their job...he just seems very tenacious to me.)

jmo

We are definitely looking down the same path.

I agree... I think the other thing, too - all the coming/going by MJ throughout the day. He took her out, probably came back and checked things out to make sure he didn't leave any evidence or whatever, then left again. He had to give accounts of what she was doing to make it look like she was 'okay' every time he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva