MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following the case for awhile now. One thing puzzles me is, JS accused DB of allowing PB to drink and use drugs as if she(SS) knew already. DB said it was only one time, I can not see DB volunteering that information to JS. I am wondering if PB told SS not only that someone was making her feel uncomfortable but about the drinking too. And SS told JS after PB was reported missing.

I have been following the case for awhile now. One thing puzzles me is, JS accused DB of allowing PB to drink and use drugs as if she(SS) knew already. DB said it was only one time, I can not see DB volunteering that information to JS. I am wondering if PB told SS not only that someone was making her feel uncomfortable but about the drinking too. And SS told JS after PB was reported missing.

That was my assumption, that PB told SS, and then SS told JS about both the sexual advance and the drugs/drinking. JS went to B'more, and confronted DB about the drugs/alcohol, and DB confessed. This is according to several interviews with JS, and her appearances on NG.
JS indicated that PB asked SS not to tell mom, because PB knew she would be yanked home immediately. And PB did not tell DB about the sexual advance because she didn't want to cause friction between PB/DB/MJ.

Agreed. SS probably felt as if she had no choice by then but to tell JS. SS probably felt horrible for not alerting JS about the activity taken place. DB probably feels horrible for also playing a part of what happened (her decision making). PB was under her care at the time. If KB didn't stop by 2 check on PB on the 28th, she should feel bad too.

But, when you look at the whole picture as (the mother) of PB, JS is hurt to know that everyone she (trusted), kept so much important information away from her. A major disappointment. I think JS may have been kind of strict, but for the best interest of her children. JS was kind enough to show her willingness (to allow PB) to grow up and have a little bit of freedom by allowing PB to visit her sister's in Bmore. So, how mean or strict could JS have been? I don't believe she was like (mother dearest). She allowed more than I would with my children in some aspects.

Agreed. SS probably felt as if she had no choice by then but to tell JS. SS probably felt horrible for not alerting JS about the activity taken place. DB probably feels horrible for also playing a part of what happened (her decision making). PB was under her care at the time. If KB didn't stop by 2 check on PB on the 28th, she should feel bad too.

But, when you look at the whole picture as (the mother) of PB, JS is hurt to know that everyone she (trusted), kept so much important information away from her. A major disappointment. I think JS may have been kind of strict, but for the best interest of her children. JS was kind enough to show her willingness (to allow PB) to grow up and have a little bit of freedom by allowing PB to visit her sister's in Bmore. So, how mean or strict could JS have been? I don't believe she was like (mother dearest). She allowed more than I would with my children in some aspects.

I so agree. Someone like PB does not come out of a "mother dearest" Type of home. JS was strict, with good reason and good outcomes. IT is far too easy for teens to go astray these days. DB and KB are genuinely good young women, who are on paths to success themeselves. I can see why JS thought they would be good role models for PB. The J family puts on a good front, and presents well. If JS didn't investigate the deeper layers, she wouldn't have known anything was amiss.

I do think that parents of good, compliant kids may not do the follow-up checks that they need to, like reading facebook and myspace posts, and talking about dangerous circumstances on multiple occasions. Not saying this is JS, but I've seen it happen, where kids are good, follow the rules, and seem to get it. But as they get older and older, all those things need to be revisited again and again. My heart continues to hurt for JS.

I have an issue with DB saying that MJ was attempting to get back with her on the 28th. Only because, the NEW gf may have been confirmed. New gf may have had connections to some of the ppl DB knows, including MJ's brothers/family. MJ and New gf were fooling around even when MJ still lived with DB. Kind of embracing for other ppl to know that you're getting played by your so called man. The public finds out, new gf had profile pic of she and MJ together, rivalry between the 2 females. rivalry: (1. the act of rivalling; competition). In DB's eyes, why should she be the only person hurt (other than PB of course). But, if DB was into ALL of her emotions, she might want to make the new gf feel foolish too (by saying to the public) MJ was (asking) to get back with her on the 28th.

MJ could have attempted this act and got rejected. It's hard to tell.

DB said that she volunteered to take a drug test and was sure she passed. SO, it makes me assume that she was not drinking/drugs with others but allowed PB to. If PB was not accustomed to drug/alcohol I am sure she had a super hangover the next day; Has it been stated the number of bedrooms in the apartment?

DB said that she volunteered to take a drug test and was sure she passed. SO, it makes me assume that she was not drinking/drugs with others but allowed PB to. If PB was not accustomed to drug/alcohol I am sure she had a super hangover the next day; Has it been stated the number of bedrooms in the apartment?

Good points. I don't think it has been stated how many bedrooms. Most times, in these cases, ppl fall asleep where-ever. On the floor, couch, anywhere there is space. I did read somewhere that DB stated that she smoked and drink with PB just a little, to bond and so that PB would open up more and feel more comfortable with her. (not quoted). I think it's important to look at MJ's character toward females; along with his EGO!

I was just looking at the location on Google Maps, and I just noticed that the apartment complex is adjacent to the distribution center for Gardiner's Furniture. In the satellite view you can see a number of tractor trailers lined up at the loading docks, and from the Google street view you can see also see a number of the trucks lined up at the loading docks, as well as some sleeper cabs parked along Brookhill Road. The Gardiner's website says: "The Distribution Center is now located on 162,000 sq. ft. at 4241 Brookhill Road and houses the majority of our inventory, as well as corporate, service, advertising and merchandising offices." If there are large semis coming and going from the Gardiner's Furniture facility all day, this could be a huge abduction risk - especially to take someone out of state, etc.!!

Satellite view

Street view

and houses the majority of our inventory, as well as corporate, service, advertising and merchandising offices." If there are large semis coming and going from the Gardiner's Furniture facility all day, this could be a huge abduction risk - especially to take someone out of state, etc.!!

Do you know the work scheduling? Is it 24 hrs (as in shifts)? That would be good to know, as far as how this corp works.

Every time I read this thread, it breaks my heart a little more. PB considered everyone in the group family, as did everyone else. She trusted them. She had no reason not to. It always saddens me when people are betrayed by those closest to them and those that they trust.

Every time I read this thread, it breaks my heart a little more. PB considered everyone in the group family, as did everyone else. She trusted them. She had no reason not to. It always saddens me when people are betrayed by those closest to them and those that they trust.

Me too (broken hearted). The stories of the missing seem to often have that theme.

Such a vibrant, loving, inclusive being. She embraced everyone, including MJ and his family, as her family. She endeared herself to everyone. How could those who took her have not been charmed by her smile and her nature? How cold hearted and callous would you have to be to harm one hair on her head?

It really is hurtful because this could have been avoided. For any male figure who said that they left PB and she was safe, didn't do enough to make certain PB remained safe. MJ said he Knew PB was hungry, and didn't even volunteer to go out and grab PB some grub. How much did he really care about PB at the time? PB got taken (right after) MJ said he left the apt or right before or right when he left.

Originally Posted by fleur.de.lis View Post
and houses the majority of our inventory, as well as corporate, service, advertising and merchandising offices." If there are large semis coming and going from the Gardiner's Furniture facility all day, this could be a huge abduction risk - especially to take someone out of state, etc.!!

Is there a way of discovering where MJ works or at least his job description?

Hello...is it safe to say, that someone had access to PB's username(s) and password(s) in order to check her status on her laptop or the computer she may have used? I know that after a while it times out and using a laptop you would have to sign back in, and of course if you sign in using the password of the last user, whatever is open comes up, otherwise using anothers information you will not have access...it seems as though BB checked long after PB's last contact via text or voice call.

Hello...is it safe to say, that someone had access to PB's username(s) and password(s) in order to check her status on her laptop or the computer she may have used? I know that after a while it times out and using a laptop you would have to sign back in, and of course if you sign in using the password of the last user, whatever is open comes up, otherwise using anothers information you will not have access...it seems as though BB checked long after PB's last contact via text or voice call.

BB indicated that DB had PB's skype access info (Peas interview 1). And he said her email was up and open. I know on my computer, I have my email set to always be open. So even if I shut my computer down and start it up again, if I click on my email, it opens right up. So it is possible PB's email really did open right up. most teens I know like everything to happen as fast as possible, and don't like having to sign in over and over.

Thanks GJ...I guess I'm just diggin...I know our prayers are not going unheard...keeping the faith...is there anything new? I find things are very quite...

Thanks GJ...I guess I'm just diggin...I know our prayers are not going unheard...keeping the faith...is there anything new? I find things are very quite...

Yes, things are quiet. The search seems to be focused in the N. Bend Rd/Frederick Rd neighborhood.
I believe LE has narrowed their focus, and something will emerge soon.

I wish we would get some news soon.

I remember it being said, somewhere that MJ said that he knew about the person PB was uncomfortable around, how did he know that? She told that to her sister,SS. Did he check her cell phone?

Yes, things are quiet. The search seems to be focused in the N. Bend Rd/Frederick Rd neighborhood.
I believe LE has narrowed their focus, and something will emerge soon.

I wish we would get some news soon.

what is the connection to that area? Why do they keep searching around there? Random tips or is there something more solid? Anyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member