MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much new to share, but wanted to pop in as I am local.

I live in the county where Phylicia was found, have been here for about 13 years, and lived in Baltimore County before that. The area around the dam is wooded and out-of-the-way, a relatively safe and suburban-rural community. A lot of people go there to fish or take pictures of bald eagles. She had to have been put in the river from above or near where she was placed- there would be no way to put get her in the water from the area where she was last seen (in Baltimore County).

The local news stations have broadcast a lot about this case, ever since she went missing. She might not have gotten much national attention, but I watch Baltimore Channel 11 news every morning, and her case was frequently on the news. Searches were announced, and information was given about how to volunteer to search.

Unfortunately, this is a jaded city and state. We have so much crime, drug use, disease, and despair that I don't think many people locally expected a good end to this case. I'm very glad she was found, though I wish she could have been found safe.

Thank you for popping in and posting. Good to have people who know the area.
The presser said that she was found on the Hartford (not sure of spelling) county side. Would that be the side closest to B'more?

Yes, the Harford County side is nearer to Baltimore. Driving from Baltimore, the bridge starts in Harford County from the south and ends in Cecil County in the North.

So sad for her family. I am on the fence about whether the male is related. This is a much more suburban, safer area but in Baltimore and DC area finding bodies in the water when spring comes and the water warms up is not out of the norm. That is awful that I am that jaded that I am not shocked by bodies being found. Maryland is a great place and it is interesting that it holds both some of the "richest" areas that are peoples dream to live there and also some of the scariest places in this country.
Way upthread someone commented about Marylands crime rates and said basically that all of Maryland is crime ridden. That is not the case at all. I live in a great area between B'more and DC and it's not perfect but I have realized at times that I've left my door unlocked taking the dog out during the night and it doesn't scare me. Maryland is called America in miniature for a reason. It is so diverse.
On the other hand, the scary parts are SCARY, SCARY and not much would suprise me.
I wish some sort of peace for her family and punishment for whoever harmed her.

Yeah. That's not the case AT ALL. I live on the Eastern Shore, which is not crime-ridden by any stretch of the imagination. Neither are most suburban areas or southern Maryland or western Maryland. Pretty much Baltimore and the outskirts of DC only are crime-ridden.

The Cecil County side used to have a fairly active KKK community. Don't know if that's the case anymore, and I doubt it's related to this case.

Regarding RB, why does he want to be 'front and center' now? Such as being on NG and preempting the official announcement that it was Phylicia's body? It doesn't sit right with me. I was thinking that maybe LE was giving all family members time to be notified and absorb the news - and yes I'm talking about JS and her family - before announcing it to the public.

Hello All on this Good Friday early night, and I say that to say this, we are all hurting, mad, sad, upset, angry, you name it...and we, some if not all...have been "Praying For Phylicia" and her family, from day one and she has so many friends who love her dearly since hearing of her disappearing...We don't know what happened and may never find out what happened to Phylicia, but for sure she could have showed up at anytime, anywhere, but on Wednesday before the Friday before Christ was nail to the cross, lets me believe that, we can speculate and point fingers as much as we like, but God will judge those according to their actions, what they do here on this side of heaven and when they have to go before Him...Phylicia is not dead, but resting the lovely arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...we can't as Children of God get caught up in pointing fingers and passing judgement...please don't throw me under the bus...Phylicia from all we have heard from family and friends of hers, was a Honor Student, a Special young lady, looking forward to doing "big" things and looking forward making her family and friends even more proud of her, let us please keep that in mind and stay focused on her short but beautiful life she lived while here...I am also convienced that if we look for her and talk to her, we will see her smiling face again...maybe not in the physical, but her sprit will live on in our lives...Lord have mercy, if it's Your will on all your Children. Touch families, friends of us that's still here on and earth, but most of all, those that do not honor your Commandments...they hung Him high and stretch Him wide, He hung His for we He died, three days later He rose again...that's love!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, GodsChild4Ever!

I believe that one of the most important aspects of being a Christian is being strong in the Lord and remaining on the side of His righteousness.

I won't "preach" too much here, but it is important to know that Christians are not second-class citizens, to be subjected to the whims of evil.

We have duty to ensure that the laws of the land are adhered to and to show righteous indignation, not judgment when atrocities occur.

We have innocents to protect.

We also must show compassion. A mother has lost her child, and in the talking points of some, a pattern of ignoring her plight has been consistent.

This is not Christ-like.

There's something going on in the world that beckons our outrage much more so than the petty, it's the murder of our innocent children and the silence of the wicked.

God is not mocked and we owe Him so much, not him.

Spread the Good News!

Regarding RB, why does he want to be 'front and center' now? Such as being on NG and preempting the official announcement that it was Phylicia's body? It doesn't sit right with me. I was thinking that maybe LE was giving all family members time to be notified and absorb the news - and yes I'm talking about JS and her family - before announcing it to the public.

His daughter is dead. Maybe cut the man some slack?

Were the comments or tweets mentioned in detail or shown in an earlier thread here about Phylicia? I figured I'd ask before I try to catch up on every single post about this case, lol.

Do we know about anyone's connection to areas farther north in the case? Past addresses, fishing spots, etc, etc?

For the locals (my brother lives in Baltimore, btw!), is there any good reason a person would have to drive north to dump a body at a good spot in the river? If you wanted to dump one or two bodies in water closer to the city, are there good places?

I'm wondering if we can deduce whether the dumping spot area was just a better spot, or if it indicates that there was another reason they went north of the city.

If anyone needs something to do, it would be great if someone could take the task of monitoring the comments on NG's FB page.
Here's a link to one of the comment threads (319 long)
http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN#!/NancyGraceHLN/posts/10150174321313287

Then there is another one before it.

I don't have the eye time to do it, but thought someone might want to.
Thanks in advance!

There is also a new FB page called Justice for Phylicia Barnes. (there was too many postings for me to read as well)
The crazy M girl started it. She stated on there how her father has some connection to the Bmore police.

Eventhough she seems a bit speedy and irrational at times, the conversation needs to happen because lots of people are angry and want justice.

Between these two FB pages we can certainly get other views and watch this case unfold. No we will not stop until complete justice is served, and all that are involved are charged.

Were the comments or tweets mentioned in detail or shown in an earlier thread here about Phylicia? I figured I'd ask before I try to catch up on every single post about this case, lol.

Do we know about anyone's connection to areas farther north in the case? Past addresses, fishing spots, etc, etc?

For the locals (my brother lives in Baltimore, btw!), is there any good reason a person would have to drive north to dump a body at a good spot in the river? If you wanted to dump one or two bodies in water closer to the city, are there good places?

I'm wondering if we can deduce whether the dumping spot area was just a better spot, or if it indicates that there was another reason they went north of the city.

We have not been able to post any tweets, etc, by any of the POI's that have not been named. And ALL of them have not been named. So it has rather hampered our ability to converse about things here.
If you are referring to the tweets about the fishing and falling out of a boat, they have not been posted on WS.

My kind reply is that he just learned of his daughter's death, so he might not have been thinking clearly. No matter what we may think about his parenting and follow through, PB was his daughter and he loved her. So I will give him some benefit of the doubt.

I have other thoughts about Mr. B, which I can post because I would probably get put on a time out. enough said.

I was hoping that RB would not be on NG. But I realize that one of the parents had to represent?
He just made himself appear to be worst than what I had thought.
This whole thing makes me sick, and I guess it will definitely make many people look at themselves in the mirror and hopefully change for the better!

If anyone needs something to do, it would be great if someone could take the task of monitoring the comments on NG's FB page.
Here's a link to one of the comment threads (319 long)
http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN#!/NancyGraceHLN/posts/10150174321313287

Then there is another one before it.

I don't have the eye time to do it, but thought someone might want to.
Thanks in advance!

After sorting through some of them, someone did mention that a man jumped off a bridge in NY near that river the day before, and he fit the description of the man's body that they found. Not sure what that was all about?

Some MSM say that the man's body is related to the PB case, and other MSM
says its not?
I just don't think they are connected at all?
No actions of the POI's thus far lead me to believe so?

UPDATE: They have posted a couple of timelines on the Justice for PB's FB page.
They started about 25mins ago, some are references from this WS page as well as to what MJ posted earlier on FB.

There is also a new FB page called Justice for Phylicia Barnes. (there was too many postings for me to read as well)
The crazy M girl started it. She stated on there how her father has some connection to the Bmore police.

Eventhough she seems a bit speedy and irrational at times, the conversation needs to happen because lots of people are angry and want justice.

Between these two FB pages we can certainly get other views and watch this case unfold. No we will not stop until complete justice is served, and all that are involved are charged.

Thanks for posting that link. Will need to keep an eye on them and see what they dig up.
I was surprised to see my timeline on there, and some other posts of mine from here, with no reference to where it came from. I have grown so used to WS's format of accountability and web trails. :)

Thanks for posting that link. Will need to keep an eye on them and see what they dig up.
I was surprised to see my timeline on there, and some other posts of mine from here, with no reference to where it came from. I have grown so used to WS's format of accountability and web trails. :)

lol, lol, I'm sorry. Did I just see someones pic on a post on the new FB page. That was cute. Back to work I go :)

Yep, that be my darling Georgia Jean. lol. She is very cute. Totally off topic, sorry all.

I don't has no pic of my pet; I made him move out yrs ago :) Okay, that's enough. I am still working though. I was just taking a small break. Not to worry because those horrible ppl are going to get it legally. I can't wait until their shameful faces are exposed on msm for the world to see.

I hope as much DNA/evidence as possible was preserved, saved or whatever you call it. I feel a little better today and I continue to send prayers out to PB, her relatives, Much love and Big hugs to J. Sallis.

My first real, real complaint about Mr. Barnes interview. Mr. Barnes was slightly misleading. We all know that JS placed the call on the evening of Dec 28th, 2010. DB confirmed that when she was speaking 2 the police, that JS made the first call. It was then, when JS received the disturbing news. One can not mislead the public, then, turn around and complain about inaccuracies in this case that have been brought forth to the public. Period! I know people are concerned about their family image. However, PB is more important than having a high ego or people wanting to take control and also, the Barnes family wanting to appear to be clean cut is really a little too late. One shouldn't have ever attempted to put down JS. She has really been amazing and as strong as possible. Are the people who are related to PB in Bmore not understanding that it is JS who has raised PB, JS has been there through all the ups and downs in PB's life. It is JS who took care of PB when she was sick and it is JS who made certain PB would strive for excellence. So, his interview was a little insulting or offensive to me as a mother. Don't take credit when credit is not due or earned. JS made the call and then discovered her baby girl had been missing most of the day.

I think it's safe to say why PB was taken away and what she may had to endure. I think all eyes were on PB because she had gotten older and more shapely but also, I believe a couple of people were annoyed with PB. I can't quite understand about why the males body was naked as well. All I could think of was how cold it was on Dec 28th and maybe the male was stripped of his clothes to make certain he freeze to death. I've heard that when people body temperature drops too low, their Brain starts to play tricks on them and they think they are really hot and will remove their garments. However, It has not been reported of any clothing being located just of yet. Can't wait to hear the results on PB and this man.

If his body is the one that went through the dam and one did, then it's possible they were shredded from the sharp rocks and rapid water movement. One was found north and the other south of the dam having one gone through it but the article didn't state which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff