MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker. I have been following this case from the beginning. Looking at different routes from Reistertown plaza, trying to determine where Phylicia may have been placed in the river. I noticed the Wrightsville, Pa area, which according to google maps is almost a straight shot. It seems to be located near the lake area and is only approx 1 hour and 15 minutes from Reistertown rd. Anyone familiar with this location?

Long time lurker. I have been following this case from the beginning. Looking at different routes from Reistertown plaza, trying to determine where Phylicia may have been placed in the river. I noticed the Wrightsville, Pa area, which according to google maps is almost a straight shot. It seems to be located near the lake area and is only approx 1 hour and 15 minutes from Reistertown rd. Anyone familiar with this location?

I don't specifically know that area but near the dam there a lot of rural areas where I would think you wouldn't be seen that are near the water. Also with the rain in the area I think it is possible that she was placed near the river and got washed in by flooding. Just a thought.

North Bend and Harlem are in the same area. Edmondson Village. There probably is a more local name of the area as well but I am not sure.
For non locals Edmondson Village is an area that once was beautiful and has some beautiful old homes as well as a lot of row homes. It's shopping center once was a destination shopping place.
Now it is quite dangerous with TONS of drug activity.

Thank you for that bit of information.
This is where MJ/J-family are centered, from all the records I have found.

It is worth posting the link to the map I created which shows the locations of places relevant to this case.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...493,-76.683003&spn=0.237537,0.441513&t=h&z=11

Thank you for that bit of information.
This is where MJ/J-family are centered, from all the records I have found.

It is worth posting the link to the map I created which shows the locations of places relevant to this case.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...493,-76.683003&spn=0.237537,0.441513&t=h&z=11

To me the Reisterstown Road Plaza area and Edmondson Village are close but distinct areas. Does a relative live where they searched the well near North Bend?
I would go to the Plaza for MVA or whatnot during the day. I would not go to Edmondson Village at any time. Just blocks away are great areas but there are some areas in Baltimore I just don't go to. It is sad because there are many people who live in that area who are almost prisoners in their homes. No one should have to live where shootings anddrug o.d.'s and violence are the norm.

For any other "locals" feel free to give your opinion but I wanted people who aren't local to understand that Baltimore and the surrounding counties are tons of neighborhoods that have very distinct flavors. Not sure how to explain it but it seems very different to me then other blue collar cities.
In most cities you know what side of town to stay away from. In Baltimore you have to know which block to stay away from and even in the trendy areas there is pretty serious crime.
Where PB was staying is pretty crime ridden but as I said before a place where you would be ok for the most part during the day.
I really feel this has to be related to the activity in the apt. in the previous days.

To me the Reisterstown Road Plaza area and Edmondson Village are close but distinct areas. Does a relative live where they searched the well near North Bend?
I would go to the Plaza for MVA or whatnot during the day. I would not go to Edmondson Village at any time. Just blocks away are great areas but there are some areas in Baltimore I just don't go to. It is sad because there are many people who live in that area who are almost prisoners in their homes. No one should have to live where shootings anddrug o.d.'s and violence are the norm.

Several very close relatives live right near the location of the well.

Not sure how I missed seeing this article.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2011/04/phylicia_barnes_case_moves_for.html

“If she was really well-preserved, there may be some evidence of cause of death, which may be helpful in determining manner of death,” Kobilinsky said. “Assuming there’s soft tissue, there may be a few things they are able to tell, including cause of death. “They’re looking for any evidence that she was fighting for her life,” he said. “Were her fingernails broken in trying to fight off an assailant? There may be signs there was a ligature around her neck or held her arms, or wrists or ankles together to restrain her. If they find a skull fracture, then they know that blunt trauma ended up killing her. If she was shot or stabbed, there may be some evidence in the skeletal system.”

Richard C. Fahlteich, a retired Baltimore homicide commander, said that finding the body will help push forward what until Wednesday been a stalled case. But he cautioned that police sometimes never learn how a person died.
He has never personally been aware of an incident in which two bodies were found in the same area on the same day. “It really is strange,” Fahlteich said. “It may well be a sad coincidence.” But the experts said that is unlikely. “They’re not just random bodies that happened to come together at this location,” Kobilinsky said. “You just don’t find bodies popping up one after the next unless they hit the water at the same time.”

much more in the article

In the comments section of the article linked above, a commenter left a link to her blog, where she has pictures of the area of the dam, from Dec 27th. So if you want to see what it looked like at that time, here it is.
Huge thanks to the poster for the link.
http://hollynd.typepad.com/blog/page/4/

This is the Susquehanna on 12-22
http://hollynd.typepad.com/blog/2010/12/todays-walk-come-along-with-me.html

And on her page, there was a link to a video of a water rescue on Jan 1.
Her page: http://hollynd.typepad.com/blog/page/5/
The video:
http://ulocal.wgal.com/_Rescue/video/1483816/62692.html

Thank you. Is the address with the well on here? I know it is near North Bend but sure of all the street names.

It's the 400 block of North Bend.
And relatives live in the 400 block, about 2 houses down, as well.

I have been catching up on the thread today. Someone asked about flooding in the area recently due to heavy rains and melting snow. The only flooding we saw was on some of the low lying roads. I believe that about 18 gates have been open at the dam at its peak this winter.

PB's body was found on the north side of the dam in an area filled with debris which has floated downstream. It's usually logs, tree branches and general debris found in the water. She was not up against the bank area from what I understand. This water is very visible when driving over the dam.

I am not familiar with Wrightsville PA but according to what I found, remenants of the Susquehanna River Canal can be found from Wrightsville to Havre de Grace MD (about 8 miles south of the dam) Perhaps there are walking trails in the area. As for distance from Reisterstown, I'm not sure.

I understand from someone who was on the scene, the expert analysis being given by the MSM is so far off base but he is unable to correct what they are saying. He says they are so far off with their factual statements.

I have been catching up on the thread today. Someone asked about flooding in the area recently due to heavy rains and melting snow. The only flooding we saw was on some of the low lying roads. I believe that about 18 gates have been open at the dam at its peak this winter.

PB's body was found on the north side of the dam in an area filled with debris which has floated downstream. It's usually logs, tree branches and general debris found in the water. She was not up against the bank area from what I understand. This water is very visible when driving over the dam.

I am not familiar with Wrightsville PA but according to what I found, remenants of the Susquehanna River Canal can be found from Wrightsville to Havre de Grace MD (about 8 miles south of the dam) Perhaps there are walking trails in the area. As for distance from Reisterstown, I'm not sure.

I understand from someone who was on the scene, the expert analysis being given by the MSM is so far off base but he is unable to correct what they are saying. He says they are so far off with their factual statements.

Is there any information you can provide about what is inaccurate or accurate?
Thank you.

Is there any information you can provide about what is inaccurate or accurate?
Thank you.

He can't/won't say. I do know that he's been out on the river with LE from Baltimore combing the area for any clues. He hasn't said anything more concrete than that. Also, right after PB was found, the river was running very fast and high and it was cold and blustry. This could potentially move any evidence.

Because the Susquehanna flows from upstate New York down to Maryland, it tends to be very cold in the winter months. I would guess this is why PB was so well preserved. Wow, that sounds so harsh. Sorry, that hit me hard.

Posting this blog/article for the extremely clear photo of the north side of the dam, and the pool of debris to the west (the right side of the picture) of the dam. I didn't read the text, so there might be something of value there, but it looked like rehashing of everything we've discussed already.

http://thepeopleschampion.wordpress...in-teens-killing-case-may-start-with-sisters/

Actually this is a view looking north. The debris you see to the right is really rock and vegetation. The area PB was found is above the dam and the debris field is pretty close to the roadway. Perhaps that's why it can't be seen in this picture.

Thank you for the description. I don't live far and have been there but the explanation of the debris and flood conditions helps a lot!
The drive from Reisterstown Road Plaza where the apt. is, which btw is South of Reisterstown itself just inside Baltimore City limits, would be 1 hour to hour and a half depending on traffic and the route taken.

I trust that LE has exhausted their search of connections.
Gotta wonder why Darryl Harper ended up in the river, and if he has any relatives who live in the B'more area.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member