MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible that the culprits placed PB's body, not far from where she was discovered, in hopes that PB's body would travel with the currents of the river but, instead, their plans went sour, when they saw that PB's body may have gotten stuck in the dam area? I'm not familiar with these type of situations. Can someone give me some understanding on this matter?

Oh, I completely agree! What I meant by derailed was the topic in general versus discussion in relation/specifically to PB's case. (I would love to see the topic addressed/discussed in general in the JR at some point).

I will add my thoughts in relation to PB's case. The media was slow as molasses to pick up her case. It was only weeks into the case LE was begging and pleading for MSM coverage- was it finally picked up. The media coverage should have picked up much earlier than it did - within days versus weeks/month or more.

On the other hand, weeks/month(s) later when the media did finally pick up the case DB TURNED DOWN the opportunity to be on NG. NG!!! Just about every MP case family would give their right arm for an opportunity to have their missing person case on NG regardless of race/gender. (Just a glimpse of Charleyproject.org http://www.charleyproject.org/ one can see the thousands - literally thousands of MP cases of all races and genders which get maybe a paragraph in a newspaper at best.)

Turning down a show like Nancy Grace - That leads me to believe when the opportunity finally (although no doubt late) presented itself the Barnes family were selective in which media they chose. There is NEVER BAD media coverage when it comes to a missing persons case. It shocked me DB turned down NG. Not only would it have been an excellent opportunity for her sisters case, perhaps it would be part of the example that opened doors for other AA missing persons cases. Opportunity missed......

JMO

Actually, the local Baltimore media was on the story within days. I don't think the Baltimore police ever considered her a runaway. Her father's brother is on the city police force and I think that was part of the reason the response was swift. I believe he was 1 of the first people the half-brother called.

Her disappearance and picture were on the 3 main local stations within days and also in the Baltimore Sun - the only widely distributed local paper. Yes, they had details wrong, but the main points were there and the important thing to do was to get her picture out in case anyone saw her. Her mother speaking out was a big factor. The siblings never did speak to local media. I think the fact that it was right after Christmas, the fact that it was made known right away that she was a visitor in Baltimore, and her mother's public plea made all the difference in the early coverage.

I don't think national media would have made a difference in solving this. At first, there was some suspicion that she was removed from the area and local LE did want more national coverage, but it looks like it was confined to Maryland anyway. Believe it or not, Baltimore city has a pretty good homicide squad. Unfortunately, they get lots of practice. I still believe the police will eventually break through - via evidence or interrogation - and charge at least 1 of the group known to be in the apartment.

I wondered about this man since day one of his discovery?
How do they know his exact weight, if he was so badly decomposed?
I don't think he was in the same shape as PB was?
MSM is really not making the info clear, and are really not helping the public to assist in his identification? WHY?
LE would have put out more info, if they really thought the cases were related? They have just been too vague about this man's body? WHY??

I originally heard approx. 260 lbs. 6'4". Have they released info about the state of condition of the two bodies? The last I heard they did not even know how long they were in the water or dead in relation to a timeframe for comparison of the two. My niece said she heard PB was in bad shape but that may just be her understanding if true they did not know she was black. Anyone discolors in the water, becomes bloated, etc. and she would not know that. I know her tattoo was visible and that was their first clue it was PB. Laci Peterson was in horrible shape but her appendectomy scar was still visible and the area she was found in not unexpected.

Oh, I completely agree! What I meant by derailed was the topic in general versus discussion in relation/specifically to PB's case. (I would love to see the topic addressed/discussed in general in the JR at some point).

I will add my thoughts in relation to PB's case. The media was slow as molasses to pick up her case. It was only weeks into the case LE was begging and pleading for MSM coverage- was it finally picked up. The media coverage should have picked up much earlier than it did - within days versus weeks/month or more.

On the other hand, weeks/month(s) later when the media did finally pick up the case DB TURNED DOWN the opportunity to be on NG. NG!!! Just about every MP case family would give their right arm for an opportunity to have their missing person case on NG regardless of race/gender. (Just a glimpse of Charleyproject.org http://www.charleyproject.org/ one can see the thousands - literally thousands of MP cases of all races and genders which get maybe a paragraph in a newspaper at best.)

Turning down a show like Nancy Grace - That leads me to believe when the opportunity finally (although no doubt late) presented itself the Barnes family were selective in which media they chose. There is NEVER BAD media coverage when it comes to a missing persons case. It shocked me DB turned down NG. Not only would it have been an excellent opportunity for her sisters case, perhaps it would be part of the example that opened doors for other AA missing persons cases. Opportunity missed......

JMO

The GUY on the YOU TUBE video was exposing the LE's of B'more and how they did not respond properly to PB's case. I have been trying to say this is some of my recent post, but people kept insisting that B'more LE did everything that they could, when in fact they didn't.

Someone on here even questioned the type of dogs they used in the beginning, stating that they were not the correct type of dogs for the case?

JS herself even stated on her first appearance on NG of how poor the job was and support that she was NOT getting from LE of B'more.

B'more LE hurt this case from the beginning when they kept saying to the family to wait because most likely she had ran away. Then when it turns out that MSM had got involved they changed their story and started calling it their Natalie Hollaway case. I caught all of this, and no one had the time to go back and point fingers we just wanted to find PB.

But now is the time where we are pointing fingers and turning all stones (as Investigate says) And I do question the LE about how they handled this case.

Could they have brought other charges against the POI's?
Why didn't they ever name them or show them?
Or did LE finally get involved because of the Barnes family working there?

Thats why I said what I said about everyone having their own reality.
Some of you hate when I have to bring up the race card. But believe me you that card is very important in this case as it is in our (MY) every day life.

Remember the original LE that was on this case was suspended and was never brought up again. We have no knowledge of how or if he hurt this case or even took it serious?

I don't have working speakers so any video's at MSM links or you-tube I can't listen. This old computer is limited to written info only. ;)

Actually, the local Baltimore media was on the story within days. I don't think the Baltimore police ever considered her a runaway. Her father's brother is on the city police force and I think that was part of the reason the response was swift. I believe he was 1 of the first people the half-brother called.

Her disappearance and picture were on the 3 main local stations within days and also in the Baltimore Sun - the only widely distributed local paper. Yes, they had details wrong, but the main points were there and the important thing to do was to get her picture out in case anyone saw her. Her mother speaking out was a big factor. The siblings never did speak to local media. I think the fact that it was right after Christmas, the fact that it was made known right away that she was a visitor in Baltimore, and her mother's public plea made all the difference in the early coverage.

I don't think national media would have made a difference in solving this. At first, there was some suspicion that she was removed from the area and local LE did want more national coverage, but it looks like it was confined to Maryland anyway. Believe it or not, Baltimore city has a pretty good homicide squad. Unfortunately, they get lots of practice. I still believe the police will eventually break through - via evidence or interrogation - and charge at least 1 of the group known to be in the apartment.

JS stated on Peas, and NG that they told her that PB might have ran away.
She stated that she had to plea with them that she was not a runaway.
She stated how this is what upset her because she knew how important LE's response is in the first 48 hours of someone disappearing.

Could it be possible that the culprits placed PB's body, not far from where she was discovered, in hopes that PB's body would travel with the currents of the river but, instead, their plans went sour, when they saw that PB's body may have gotten stuck in the dam area? I'm not familiar with these type of situations. Can someone give me some understanding on this matter?

It's so hard to know even if you are very familiar with the area. For instance the clothes? Was she put in that way or was that environmental? Why dispose of her in the water as opposed to a landfill or burial? We don't know if she was weighted down, placed in a weighted container or tossed. Getting into the mind of a killer? I don't know where she was put in at but I'm fairly sure the area of the dam (bridge) would have traffic and not remote enough for the initial disposal. I would further doubt they hung around to see where she might end up. A wish and a prayer on their behalf I'm sure. Hopefully the evidence and experts can answer so many questions but some things we may never know.

JS stated on Peas, and NG that they told her that PB might have ran away.
She stated that she had to plea with them that she was not a runaway.
She stated how this is what upset her because she knew how important LE's response is in the first 48 hours of someone disappearing.

Thank you. I remember that as well. I saw that show.

I have come to appreciate NG. I use to call her Nancy disgrace. I never observed her having inner issues with AA's though. I didn't care for her show because at times they would get the facts wrong or either jump the gun on an issue. Example:

They might report (with drama): 'Beth Holloway just got locked up in Peru!!' (when indeed BH didn't get locked up) but only stopped through to visit a certain prison.

I applaud NG for the effort and work she and her staff members put in, in order to help a story break a.s.a.p. That kind of jump start is much needed. I heard about PB's case there first.

NG just like Oprah, have their own personal issues that lead them to their somewhat biasness (shows). Thats all I wll say about that!

Once I got the understanding of this I basically stopped watching NG because my hope of the factual truth and getting a balance from both sides was useless. It will never happen, she is mostly for entertainment, yet she manages to help some cases.

The bottom lline for both of these shows is not for the masses but for the specific viewers that they continue to have and must please them (and their sponsers) above all others.

I first heard about this case when I saw her mother JS on NG, I said to myself look at that well speaking woman talking about her missing daughter. She was very articulate and appeared to be calm, yet angry! I was intrigued, and became very interested after that interview.

I will never forget how she compared her pain to labor pain, no mother had ever said that when they talked about their child being missing. Her words, demeanor, and PB's pic did something to me.......

NG isn't alone in getting news coverage inaccurate. I think we sleuths can attest to that being across the board for many media outlets quick to get the story out.

I think I would choose to get my family members name and face out to as many people in as many places via as many avenues as possible, and work with the PI (if we could afford one or were fortunate enough to have one volunteer) to put out some press releases clarifying factual information were the media may have gotten it wrong. Or I would request a breif PR for LE to clarify.... which would in turn lead to more opportunity to get my family members name and face out and kept in the public eye.

jmo

Should DB, and KB have done more MSM including NG, yes.
Could NG have done more shows covering PB, yes.

The national exposure the more pressure would have been put on the POI's.
They were able to basically go under the radar, except maybe to the B'more area. Apparently this didn't phase them much because they never TALKED?

NG could have found many other people afiliated with PB, and had them on her show. Even if she couldn't get KB or DB, she could have gotten someone.
As big as both families appeared to be from NC too ATL too B'more?
Somebody, somewhere?
She could have helped smoked out the POI's

NG gave a few poor excusses as to why she didn't do more on PB's case,which I didn't buy.
We all know what excites her and her viewers, and what doesn't.
When someone does something wrong like, kill someone she is quick to cover regardless of the race.
But let someone go missing?

I wish NG would tell the viewer how and why she decides to cover the cases, and what decides on the time period that they will be covered?

Do I think NG could have done more on PB yes, (she told RB that PB was one of the reasons she decided to do the 50 missing in 50 days, RIGHT!!!)?
Do I think her show could have made a difference in this case, YES!!!!!!

I first heard about this case when I saw her mother JS on NG, I said to myself look at that well speaking woman talking about her missing daughter. She was very articulate and appeared to be calm, yet angry! I was intrigued, and became very interested after that interview.

I will never forget how she compared her pain to labor pain, no mother had ever said that when they talked about their child being missing. Her words, demeanor, and PB's pic did something to me.......

I don't watch Nancy Grace - no cable. I saw her mother on the local news on wjz a few days after Phylicia went missing. And what impressed me was how articulate she was, too. It reminded me of how Lacy Peterson's mother handled herself. She really helped get the word out early on. I think what most people would have gotten from her was that this wasn't the type of girl to disappear on her own.

If she had to push the police to take it seriously, I'm sure she did a great job, because it was on the local news for several days running.

The GUY on the YOU TUBE video was exposing the LE's of B'more and how they did not respond properly to PB's case. I have been trying to say this is some of my recent post, but people kept insisting that B'more LE did everything that they could, when in fact they didn't.

Someone on here even questioned the type of dogs they used in the beginning, stating that they were not the correct type of dogs for the case?

JS herself even stated on her first appearance on NG of how poor the job was and support that she was NOT getting from LE of B'more.

B'more LE hurt this case from the beginning when they kept saying to the family to wait because most likely she had ran away. Then when it turns out that MSM had got involved they changed their story and started calling it their Natalie Hollaway case. I caught all of this, and no one had the time to go back and point fingers we just wanted to find PB.

But now is the time where we are pointing fingers and turning all stones (as Investigate says) And I do question the LE about how they handled this case.

Some of you hate when I have to bring up the race card. But believe me you that card is very important in this case as it is in our (MY) every day life.

Remember the original LE that was on this case was suspended and was never brought up again. We have no knowledge of how or if he hurt this case or even took it serious?

BBM - he was reinstated with no charges. He was suspended for leaving a city car in a ditch after it slid off the road when he was on his way home from work. It was investigated by the Howard Co police and no charges were brought against him. I don't know if he returned to the case after that or not. I just recall a short blurb in the paper about a week after it happened.

There were stories that her body was found in debris next to the river?
There were stories that it was found floating in the water?

I am not sure where it was actually found?

Where they actually placed her all depends on the time they had to do any of this. Because I still believe that this was the second time that they had moved her. If so then they knew by this time that they were most likely being watched. But then again if they were being watched then they would have never gotten this far with her body?

I wish this would make sense????? TIME WILL TELL THE TRUTH, hopefully?

Pardon my soapbox...
Here in the U.S., race is always a factor. A lot of people don't like to look at it, but it is always there. I get very weary of people downplaying race--unless you have experienced it, you have no idea how big a factor it is. And in my opinion, anyone who has experienced race-related issues has every right to bring up race as a factor. And anyone who has not experienced the effects of racism (including myself) needs to listen and try to understand.

Along with race, socio-economic status is always a factor. Look at children who go missing who come from low-income families, and compare their coverage to that of middle and upper middle class families.

Would LE have taken this case more seriously if PB had been a white girl? Probably. Would LE have taken this case more seriously if she had been an African-American girl from a well-off neighborhood? Probably. A white girl from a well-off neighborhood? They would have been all over it. IMO.

In my opinion. LE started to take the case seriously when they MET JS. Because when they met her, they realized PB was completely out of her element, and all their pre-judgments of a 16 yr old girl from that area of B'more did not fit. In all fairness, since that moment, LE has used a phenomenal load of resources to try and find her. But the 2 or 3 day window of lost opportunity...we'll never know if it would have made a difference.

There were stories that her body was found in debris next to the river?
There were stories that it was found floating in the water?

I am not sure where it was actually found?

Where they actually placed her all depends the time they had to do any of this. Because I still believe that this was the second time that they had moved her. If so then they knew by this time that they were most likely being watched. But then again if they were being watched then they would have never gotten this far with her body?

I wish this would make since????? TIME WILL TELL THE TRUTH, hopefully?

On one of the news articles, I read that there is a pond/lake/water retaining area on the west side of the river, north of the dam. This is where PB was found. The pond/lake area is covered with floating logs, etc. This is where she was.

On another place (I can not for the life of me remember where. Too much reading) I read that bodies in water float face down, and as they go down river, the bottom of the river can damage the face quite extensively. I remember LE saying they didn't think dental records would be able to identify the body...that makes me think when LE first saw the body they weren't sure if any teeth were still present. Sorry, I know that is way graphic. fortunately they were wrong, the dental records helped. I hope they are wrong about other things as well.

Agreed BACH50. I know I appreciate each of your comments.

The crime scenes and how many: (imo)

1. the apt

2. a place where the guys meet up at. We see from investigating the day of Dec 28th, 2010, many of the guys were meeting up, where on particular guy resides. Same crew

3. I think PB was also taken on the side of town where Harlem rd/st is located. I caught on to different POI talking about basements often in their sub-tweets.

4. Could have been another place after PB (you know). Then, one more place after that, which would be the dam.

I don't watch Nancy Grace - no cable. I saw her mother on the local news on wjz a few days after Phylicia went missing. And what impressed me was how articulate she was, too. It reminded me of how Lacy Peterson's mother handled herself. She really helped get the word out early on. I think what most people would have gotten from her was that this wasn't the type of girl to disappear on her own.

If she had to push the police to take it seriously, I'm sure she did a great job, because it was on the local news for several days running.

JS was diligent at first and then it really got to her. She said on Peas that she had to move with her family to ATL because she was getting sick about it and needed to be watched closely.

But I never understood that even if JS could not continue with the MSM interviews why didn't her husband do so?
Her husband was on the very first NG interview with her, and she spoke of him as PB's stepfather, however he never surfaced again to MSM, WHY??

Here I go again with all of these unawsered questions?????

Agreed BACH50. I know I appreciate each of your comments.

The crime scenes and how many:

1. the apt

2. a place where the guys meet up at. We see from investigating the day of Dec 28th, 2010, many of the guys were meeting up, where on particular guy resides. Same crew

3. I think PB was also taken on the side of town where Harlem rd/st is located. I caught on to different POI talking about basements often in their sub-tweets.

4. Could have been another place after PB (you know). Then, one more place after that, which would be the dam.

Not sure if N. Bend road factors in with Harlem, but that was definitely a place of interest. That's where the well was that they searched.

JS was diligent at first and then it really got to her. She said on Peas that she had to move with her family to ATL because she was getting sick about it and needed to be watched closely.

But I never understood that even if JS could not continue with the MSM interviews why didn't her husband do so?
Her husband was on the very first NG interview with her, and she spoke of him as PB's stepfather, however he never surfaced again to MSM, WHY??

Here I go again with all of these unawsered questions?????

The man who is PB's stepfather is JS's ex-husband. They have two children together. He did not surface much, for that reason. He was at all major pressers, and from all accounts, was a serious positive male influence in PB's life. He treated her as his daughter. He actually is based in S.C. I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06