MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gentleman in the video is apparently a talk radio host on WFBR if I have my facts correct. As a "local" I am not familiar but he sounds like he has a lot of interest in the "real" Baltimore and I will be checking him out.

If they have to wait for tox results, that seems to be how long it takes in these cases...I don't know why, not sure why anything should take that long with potential murder cases, especially of minors. But we still don't know why or how little Sylar Newton died, as far as I know, and it has been 9 or 10 months. And it took a long time to get toxicology back on the lady golfer, Erica (?) last year too.[/quote

Real life is not CSI and I just get impatient. I pray for both families.

There was a comment upthread that for some reason I could not reply to. It referenced that PB had a relative in law enforcement. She also has a half brother who is a firefighter in Baltimore County.
I just want to say for people out of the area although there is controversy and some corruption cases that for the most part we have great cops and first responders.
I don't think the poster was painting a broad brush but just throwing ideas out. I just want people to know as a crime victim and also accident victim I am grateful for the law enforcement and also the ff/paramedics in the city and county of Baltimore!

:seeya: Hi There!!! I am glad you posted.
I am wondering if people check the dam regularly? How long could a body go unnoticed?

What is the area around it like? Wooded/Park like? I am trying to get an idea of how someone could get a person there without being seen.

I am sure I will have more questions. :)

Thank you!!

I live in Maryland but far south of the dam. I am familiar with it and have been there to fish.
I will say that we've had a ton of rain...enough that they have to open the damn and put Havre De Grace in danger of floods. Someone more local could say if they did flood.
The other fact I know is as the waters warm up bodies rise.
My opinion about PB is that she might have been semi buried on the banks somewhere and the heavy rains put her into the water. Just my opinion.
The man who was found....I am unsure about.
All of this is only my opinion and I am no expert!

We don’t have much more today than we did on Friday. We’re still waiting for cause of death on both those bodies. Hopefully this week, we’ll make some headway on that and then we’re waiting for the formal identification on the second body,” Guglielmi said.

Police say that, contrary to some earlier reports, they do not have a suspect in the case.
bbm

Hello all,
Another lurker coming out because of this case. I apologize if this has already been posted. As far as my 1st bolded statement, I'm hoping this means they don't anticipate that it will take months to identify a COD.

2nd bolded statement, does "formal identification" of the male, police speak, mean they have a tentative/possible id of the male but are awaiting confirmation or notification of family?

3rd bold, I wonder if this means no POI or anything?? Surey not.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/04/25/police-work-to-solve-mystery-of-phylicia-barnes-death/

bbm

Hello all,
Another lurker coming out because of this case. I apologize if this has already been posted. As far as my bolded statement, I'm hoping this means they don't anticipate that it will take months to identify a COD.

Also, does "formal identification" of the male, police speak, mean they have a tentative/possible id of the male but are awaiting confirmation or notification of family?

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/04/25/police-work-to-solve-mystery-of-phylicia-barnes-death/

Welcome. I am a kinda local and came out with comments for this case. I hope they find the mans ID soon. Sad that he is not identified

While searching Youtube for any new info on PB, I came across this persons newsreel.
It talks about LE, and how they responded to this case? Interesting??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5KieDfI6ZE

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. Has anymore information been released on the gentleman that was also discovered? Description 6ft 4inches, 220/240 lbs? Nothing on age?

oops! I see above post says no new news yet.

There was a comment upthread that for some reason I could not reply to. It referenced that PB had a relative in law enforcement. She also has a half brother who is a firefighter in Baltimore County.
I just want to say for people out of the area although there is controversy and some corruption cases that for the most part we have great cops and first responders.
I don't think the poster was painting a broad brush but just throwing ideas out. I just want people to know as a crime victim and also accident victim I am grateful for the law enforcement and also the ff/paramedics in the city and county of Baltimore!

Thank You for sharing that, but just know that we all have our
OWN REALITIES (especially about LE, and the systems that are in place to protect and serve).
Not saying that one is true and the other false.
Although we may all live in the same country, but our realities are never the same.

Just my facts from what I have seen in my LIFE.
Cup half empty, or cup half full?

bbm

Hello all,
Another lurker coming out because of this case. I apologize if this has already been posted. As far as my 1st bolded statement, I'm hoping this means they don't anticipate that it will take months to identify a COD.

2nd bolded statement, does "formal identification" of the male, police speak, mean they have a tentative/possible id of the male but are awaiting confirmation or notification of family?

I wondered about this man since day one of his discovery?
How do they know his exact weight, if he was so badly decomposed?
I don't think he was in the same shape as PB was?
MSM is really not making the info clear, and are really not helping the public to assist in his identification? WHY?
LE would have put out more info, if they really thought the cases were related? They have just been too vague about this man's body? WHY??

Thank You for sharing that, but just know that we all have our
OWN REALITIES. Not saying that one is true and the other false.
Although we may all live in the same country, but our realities are never the same.

Just my facts from what I have seen in my LIFE.
Cup half empty, or cup half full?

I don't question that at all. If you were the poster I didn't mean to offend just wouldn't let me reply and then lost your post.
Perspective is a big thing.....and I like the discussion here. Baltimore is a very diverse area. I also sent you a private message. Never want to offend anyone. I have seen the great side of law enforcement/rescue....I do know it isn't the only side.
I think that for people out of Maryland perspective is great in this case.
I don't live so far from where PB went missing. I would go there during the day and have at the plaza. I would never, ever go after dark....but I also am pretty cautious in my burb

JMO but I think a formal id and tentative id are two different things, but just a guess. There has been no official news to indicate a tentative id has been made, only our speculation on the man known to have jumped off a bridge somewhere in the area.

Can one of the locals who is more familiar with the area create a map with the locations the man jumped and where his remains were found downstream from where PB was found?

tia & hth

I think it was my comment upthread which mentioned the B family having a family member in LE, and of course we know BB is a firefighter. I too did not mean to be disrespectful. There are always both good and bad in LE, and I assume like Chicago - Baltimore has it's fair share of corrupt LE (and maybe corrupt politicians). I'm also well aware of various racial profiling which some LE may or may not participate in. I also meant no disrespect by my comments upthread. We each come from various area's and experiences.... and imo it is great to have not only diverse cities but a wonderfully diverse group of members from all over with various different experiences.

JMO but I think a formal id and tentative id are two different things, but just a guess. There has been no official news to indicate a tentative id has been made, only our speculation on the man known to have jumped off a bridge somewhere in the area.

Can one of the locals who is more familiar with the area create a map with the locations the man jumped and where his remains were found downstream from where PB was found?

tia & hth

The jumper was far North right? I won't be suprised if he is connected or not. The Baltimore/DC area had serious crime and I think it could fall either way.
I also feel I need to defend the area as a great place.....

I feel like if you don't live here you don't get it. I can leave my doors unlocked but a few miles away is scary...how it is

I think it was my comment upthread which mentioned the B family having a family member in LE, and of course we know BB is a firefighter. I too did not mean to be disrespectful. There are always both good and bad in LE, and I assume like Chicago - Baltimore has it's fair share of corrupt LE (and maybe corrupt politicians). I'm also well aware of various racial profiling which some LE may or may not participate in. I also meant no disrespect by my comments upthread. We each come from various area's and experiences.... and imo it is great to have not only diverse cities but a wonderfully diverse group of members from all over with various different experiences.

Thank you...I think we are on the same page!

The jumper was far North right? I won't be suprised if he is connected or not. The Baltimore/DC area had serious crime and I think it could fall either way.
I also feel I need to defend the area as a great place.....

I feel like if you don't live here you don't get it. I can leave my doors unlocked but a few miles away is scary...how it is

IIRC it was further up north, but not being local - I really have no idea when people mention towns, rivers or particular landmarks. Maps help to get a better understanding (at least for myself.)

IIRC it was further up north, but not being local - I really have no idea when people mention towns, rivers or particular landmarks. Maps help to get a better understanding (at least for myself.)

Yes,way out of the city. It is a different world , why I am suprised

The man who jumped from the bridge in March was in Binghamton, NY, which is about 170 miles NW of NYC, and is also on the Susqeuhanna. Seems a long way for him to end up down there in about a month, but who knows...the articles I could yesterday indicated his size, but not his race, and said early on that local PD knew who he was. So I doubt he is involved with PB, if this is him and I also doubt this is him...

Officials say they know the identity of the man, but have not released it.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/to...ff-for-person-who-jumped-off-bridge/?ap=1&MP4

I don't question that at all. If you were the poster I didn't mean to offend just wouldn't let me reply and then lost your post.
Perspective is a big thing.....and I like the discussion here. Baltimore is a very diverse area. I also sent you a private message. Never want to offend anyone. I have seen the great side of law enforcement/rescue....I do know it isn't the only side.
I think that for people out of Maryland perspective is great in this case.
I don't live so far from where PB went missing. I would go there during the day and have at the plaza. I would never, ever go after dark....but I also am pretty cautious in my burb

No offense takin'. It just sad watching all of these kids, and people disappear everyday. Hurts my heart, how no one really (MSM) pays attention.
MSM would rather give us a day too day update on people like Charlie Sheen instead of a minute by minute on the missing. (Not to be funny, if its an AA missing then you can really forget it on MSM. WHY???

I watch HLN and CNN and its the same thing constantly, as if thats the only thing that happens in this big country? WHY?
When are AA little children and women ever going to be of any value????

I am curious to find out how many amber alerts go out and for whom???

The man who jumped from the bridge in March was in Binghamton, NY, which is about 170 NW of NYC, and is also on the Susqeuhanna. Seems a long way for him to end up down there in about a month, but who knows...the articles I could yesterday indicated his size, but not his race, and said early on that local PD knew who he was. So I doubt he is involved with PB, if this is him and I also doubt this is him...

How far is Bingampton in relation to where he was found at the dam?

tia

The man who jumped from the bridge in March was in Binghamton, NY, which is about 170 miles NW of NYC, and is also on the Susqeuhanna. Seems a long way for him to end up down there in about a month, but who knows...the articles I could yesterday indicated his size, but not his race, and said early on that local PD knew who he was. So I doubt he is involved with PB, if this is him and I also doubt this is him...

Officials say they know the identity of the man, but have not released it.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/to...ff-for-person-who-jumped-off-bridge/?ap=1&MP4

Yes, they know the identity of the man who jumped but not the man whose remains were found near PB's. (sorry just to clarify - so no one misreads and assumes the man found near PB was identified but his name was not being released.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC