MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you keep having faith, but I have no faith in man.
I lost hope in this system we call Justice along time ago?

Also with all of the attention brought to this case they better make good of it. But like an earlier post said, some of what they are doing and saying is not correct?

Also watch the you tube video, according to the DJ they are not handling this case the way they should, and things could be better.

I will definitely listen to that DJ now...he knows the city

First you said your stories could shock me....they probably would and I will never say I very informed about things not in the arena of my day to day life. I grew up in a family where you take everyone on their own basis...so I don't understand the racial issues I am sure.

Maybe I am not well informed about other cities outside of Bmore/DC. I have traveled extensively but of course being a tourist or being in a city for work you don't see the "inside".

I am not sure if you are Caucasian/A.A. or some other race but I think that you are very informative about race relations where I might not have known .....I am always willing to learn and never think my opinions are right...they are from my perspective and I will always listen.

I just hope that some racial thought or some thought about the area PB went missing in didn't influence her case. God forbid we find out something like that cost her, her life

bolded by me.

If a racial thought influenced her case, it would be that it delayed an investigation from starting earlier than it did and possibly getting a suspect or suspects arrested quickly...what cost Phylicia her life was the fact that she was completely out of her element and got in with a bad crowd. imo

The only thing that would have saved her life would have been to turn back time and not let her go to Baltimore. JMO, of course. And a "maybe"--because if she had a fascination with one of the men at the apartment, and didn't go to Baltimore, she might have tried to be with him, and had a tragic end anyhow. Sigh. It's just too sad.

Off topic...but do you remember the barber shop windows? So sad what became of Baltimore

OT - The barber shop windows with the monkeys? lol, yes I remember that. Also remember the costumed Halloween parades there. First movie I remember seeing was Mary Poppins at the theater at Edmondson Village.

OT - The barber shop windows with the monkeys? lol, yes I remember that. Also remember the costumed Halloween parades there. First movie I remember seeing was Mary Poppins at the theater at Edmondson Village.

That is the Baltimore PB should have visited

I trust that LE has exhausted their search of connections.
Gotta wonder why Darryl Harper ended up in the river, and if he has any relatives who live in the B'more area.....

Found an article (on of many) on the male found near PB being identified. Sadly it sounds like he had some mental health issues. His wife indicates he had made suicide threats in March and had a previous suicide attempt in 2006. It sounds like perhaps his case is a suicide and he may have been the jumper (although I don't believe LE would indicate so since they did not release the name) though that is speculation.

I have zero feeling the cases are connected in any way. Imo it was by pure circumstance they were found within a few miles of each other. I'm glad he was id'd and he too can have a proper burial.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-identified-phylicia-barnes-case/story?id=13460441

I recently attended a conference in Baltimore, the Linthicum area and someone who was local and had a car took me to find a store. I was shocked at how many different kinds of neighborhoods were within a couple of miles of the store. We drove through a couple of neighborhoods that looked really shady and depressing and a couple of blocks of pretty, well-kept, landscaped homes. I grew up in So. Cal and I know that L.A. was this way, too.

Interesting thing that I noticed from that article is that PB's family is saying in re Deena's ex bf, "only guilty people hire attorneys". But guilty or not, that's what you do when people are pointing the finger of murder at you. JMO

Interesting thing that I noticed from that article is that PB's family is saying in re Deena's ex bf, "only guilty people hire attorneys". But guilty or not, that's what you do when people are pointing the finger of murder at you. JMO

This is JMHO

My father is a well known attorney here, as is my sister and whether I was guilty(not that I would be) or involved or knew nothing, and they was a lot of finger pointing - I guarantee I would be lawyered up within a hot second. To protect myself - I tend to be very shy and some people may take my behavior as a sign of guilt or at least some knowledge of a crime. I am a very inward thinker and like to take in everything around me but may not always talk about it.

While we may have innocent until proven guilty in our justice system - we FOR SURE have guilty until proven innocent in our society and media.

I am not saying MJ isn't or is guilty but that is my take on someone who "lawyers up".

Right. I'm not saying he's not, either, just that the fact that he has an attorney after clearly being implicated in the crime doesn't mean he's guilty. I can guess that her mother is emotional and angry.

I agree. I think everyone involved has had their senses and emotions heightened since she has been found. Her mother should be angry, she was deceived by DB to allow PB to come to MD.
And may those involved be unable to even sleep or close their eyes without seeing PB's beautiful face and the reality of what they did.

I agree. I think everyone involved has had their senses and emotions heightened since she has been found. Her mother should be angry, she was deceived by DB to allow PB to come to MD.
And may those involved be unable to even sleep or close their eyes without seeing PB's beautiful face and the reality of what they did.

Well said. And forget about me letting my daughter, who is turning 16 this summer go somewhere that I haven't been or don't know much about. The whole thing...it's too much! Hindsight is 20/20.

According to a Central NY news article, a man was seen jumping into the river from the Court street bridge in Binghamton, NY on the evening of 3/21/2011

None of the MSM links I've seen confirm he was in fact the man who jumped, although it is likely - just not confirmed.

Also, nothing has been released on the state of decomposition on either body.

Unless I missed something, do you have a link where LE has released the condition of both bodies and a link confirming he is in fact the man who jumped? I haven't read all the MSM articles, just a few.

tia!

I don't think the timeline works out for him to be the Binghamton jumper. The article says, "Mrs. Harper told investigators a relative in the Harrisburg, PA area had called to tell her Darryl Harper had checked himself into a hospital in East Penn, PA, on the Susquehanna River, on March 25, 2011, requesting help with mental health issues." (http://www.nbc12.com/story/14489206...een-case-notified-of-bodies-found-in-md-river)

But this article says the Binghamton man jumped on March 21. http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Man-Jumps-Into-Bridge-Prompts-Water-Rescue--118403814.html

Everytime I tell my sister about this story, she asks why did her Mom let her go there? Didn't she check it out first?
I try to explain to her that this was PB's 4th time going there, and that DB and KB lead JS to believe that she would be OK.
DB has just moved there I believe in August, and was this DB's first time living with MJ?
I have ofter wondered what DB's living arrangements were prior to this apt.?
Why was she so desperate to live there with a guy who was obvious living on the edge?

I haven't read forward to see if anyone has responded to your questions yet...
DB and MJ had been together for 10 years. They had had places together before. They moved into this apartment in I believe August, because they were in a different apartment when PB visited last time, and she visited in the summer. She was evicted from a prior residence, and MJ had a traffic citation that listed the same address. So they had lived together before.

Several posters have mentioned that DB got together with MJ when DB was PB's age (16-17). I think that has relevance, and I keep forgetting to respond to those who've said it. (It isn't my new idea, is what I mean).

Does anyone know if Darryl Harper is the same DH who was a jazz clarinetist?

I think so, but I can't find anything definitive yet. And spouse wants the laptop...so I can't look any more for now :(

I think it's sad Mr. Harper doesn't even get his own obituary article. He's just there under the photos of a pretty teenager. Not that PB doesn't deserve the attention, but...

Will somebody please tell me, when did MJ go to work?
I know he worked the evening or night shift, but was he off of work
on the 27th and the 28th?
Is that why DB stated that she was shocked when she came home from work on the 27th to find MJ there at the apt. partying with his friends?

At this point DB should have packed her bags and her and PB went to one of her relatives to stay until MJ left the apt. for GOOD?

This has not been reported in MSM. So, word of mouth only.
When asked directly on a FB page, a family member indicated that MJ did not go to work the night of the 28th. I would really like to have that confirmed by LE.
I have not heard any report of whether he worked the 27th. I can say that from social media, relatives of his talked about partying with him that night. But it could have been before he went to work. From what I've heard, he works for a roofing materials manufacturer. One of those places that has round-the-clock production, and three shifts each day. From what I have read, it sounded like he worked the 10 or 11 pm shift.
Hope that helps.

I don't think the timeline works out for him to be the Binghamton jumper. The article says, "Mrs. Harper told investigators a relative in the Harrisburg, PA area had called to tell her Darryl Harper had checked himself into a hospital in East Penn, PA, on the Susquehanna River, on March 25, 2011, requesting help with mental health issues." (http://www.nbc12.com/story/14489206...een-case-notified-of-bodies-found-in-md-river)

But this article says the Binghamton man jumped on March 21. http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Man-Jumps-Into-Bridge-Prompts-Water-Rescue--118403814.html

You're right. The timeline does not match up if Mr Harper checked into the hospital 4 days after the man was seen jumping. Thanks a million for finding the links! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member