MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
strach - MTE, at first, that he lived there until Feb. Coincidence likely. I still think they aren't related.
He probably knew the area and since he may have threatened to jump into the river - appears to be another incidence completely. But what a sad thing-I wish someone could have helped him.

I don't think they are either. It is a very sad case imo. He was in Beirut in 1983, lost his son somewhat recently. Considering all the states that were mentioned were VA, MD, PA and NY, I don't find that unusual either. Living in MD. I have relatives living in those states and have also traveled throughout for pleasure, family visits, etc.

Thank you for that bit of information.
This is where MJ/J-family are centered, from all the records I have found.

It is worth posting the link to the map I created which shows the locations of places relevant to this case.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...493,-76.683003&spn=0.237537,0.441513&t=h&z=11

Great map, thanks. I did not know that MJ was from that area until now, thank you. Brooklyn Park struck me as odd, wonder if that was due to a tip or cell phone pings or what? I saw Pretty Boy Dam on that map. It brought back memories. My father used to go fishing there in addition to Coniwingo. I can see why some would think I-83 into Pa. seemed logical but I'm still thinking I-95 for the from to location. Even if they took 695 to 95.

I agree. I think everyone involved has had their senses and emotions heightened since she has been found. Her mother should be angry, she was deceived by DB to allow PB to come to MD.
And may those involved be unable to even sleep or close their eyes without seeing PB's beautiful face and the reality of what they did.

JS was also deceived by PB and her other daughter, PB's NC half (?) sister. I think that probably has left her feeling her own guilt-even though there might have been no way to avoid any of this. Everything happens for a reason and we might not know what it all means until we leave this earth. Just my thinking but I do think it is extremely cruel to be wishing ill will on anyone and I don't see how that will bring any peace to JS.

I know for a fact she would not have. PB lived in Monroe, NC. Practically a different world compared to Baltimore, that area specifically. That was my first thought when I saw PB was missing on NG and heard about her, where she was from and saw her Mom. I'm from Baltimore but also familiar with a lot of areas and people in North Carolina. Have family and friends both places. North Bend and Edmonson Village has been very bad for many years, I agree. I wouldn't even drive through because of car jackings where they walk right out on you to get you to stop. You don't have to be at a light. What is extremely troublesome is the close proximity for the bad to good areas. The bad travel right into the good areas, commit their crimes and leave, leaving the good areas not so safe.

Right. I am familiar with Monroe, NC, which is basically a suburb of Charlotte and seems to be more upscale definitely than where PB was visiting, there aren't a lot of threats or danger. Also knowing the school she went to, that is a school of choice, not a regular public school and I know people whose kids go there. They all have beautiful homes and significant yearly incomes. This is pretty indicative of most of the residents of Monroe in my experience.

Thinking about Phylicia today, and about how she brought so many people together, in their quest to search for her.
Bright, in all the meanings of the word "bright."
A testament to the family that raised her... A gift to the friends and family who knew her...

I continue to hold out hope that her body holds important clues, and that the forensic investigators' hands will be guided to those clues. May those who harmed her come to light quickly and may the hands of justice act swiftly.

Theoretically, yes. Binghamton is right on the Susquehanna. The Chenango joins the Susquehanna about a mile below the bridge where the man jumped in. With spring runoff the rivers would be high and fast. The Chenango is pretty deep and fast even at lower water. If he wasn't caught on rocks or a log, he probably traveled a good distance. The high water could have carried him over, around, or through many obstacles that would normally stop him.

But it's not very likely.

Interesting, thanks, carbuff! It sure didn't look like it was possible on that map.

Great map, thanks. I did not know that MJ was from that area until now, thank you. Brooklyn Park struck me as odd, wonder if that was due to a tip or cell phone pings or what? I saw Pretty Boy Dam on that map. It brought back memories. My father used to go fishing there in addition to Coniwingo. I can see why some would think I-83 into Pa. seemed logical but I'm still thinking I-95 for the from to location. Even if they took 695 to 95.

From the RR Plaza area it is easy to get on either 83 or 695 to 95 so I think either is an option. For that matter going thru the city. Just so tragic.

No new news today that I have seen. Today was the funeral for William Donald Schaefer, the former mayor of Baltimore, Governor of Maryland and State Comptroller. The news is (rightly so, in my opinion) covering him non-top. He was the man who turned the Inner Harbor (Harborplace) into Harborplace. Interestingly enough he also lived in Edmondson Village, just around the corner from where the well was searched until he moved to assisted living.
My prayers today are for PB and Mr. Harper's familes as well as for Governor Schaefer.

JS was also deceived by PB and her other daughter, PB's NC half (?) sister. I think that probably has left her feeling her own guilt-even though there might have been no way to avoid any of this. Everything happens for a reason and we might not know what it all means until we leave this earth. Just my thinking but I do think it is extremely cruel to be wishing ill will on anyone and I don't see how that will bring any peace to JS.

What I was saying ... is that I hope those who did it confess. I hope for justice for PB.

I do have ill will to those that did this or were involved - they took the life of an amazing teenager - they are monsters in sheep's clothing and unfortunately PB didn't see that side until it was too late. They need to be judged here on this earth at this time. Her mother is angry - as am I and we should be. How can someone not be angry at this?

How dare someone feel that they have the right to take a human life? Where does one's mind go to believe that can do that?

What I was saying ... is that I hope those who did it confess. I hope for justice for PB.

I do have ill will to those that did this or were involved - they took the life of an amazing teenager - they are monsters in sheep's clothing and unfortunately PB didn't see that side until it was too late. They need to be judged here on this earth at this time. Her mother is angry - as am I and we should be. How can someone not be angry at this?

How dare someone feel that they have the right to take a human life? Where does one's mind go to believe that can do that?

I understood what you meant, and I agree. Justice must be served.

My heart breaks so much for JS. I can't imagine how she must feel having lost her daughter based on the selfless act of encouraging her to seek out a family who didn't bother to attempt to stay in contact with PB. I wish I could hug her and let her know the outcome was nothing she has any responsiblity for. That she and PB's step dad are both amazing to all of us.

IMO, that responsiblity for what happened lays with the persons who did this to her, and the persons who exposed her to such a dangerous lifestyle. How dare they introduce drugs and alcohol to a 16 year old. :furious:
They had a responsibility to PB while she was visiting and they thought little to nothing about it. It infuriates me and breaks my heart. PB having been brought up with far better morals and ethics was simply too inexperienced to deal with the lifestyle and characters her half siblings introduced her too. We can only pray she receives the justice she so deserves and ALL parties responsible are brought to justice to the fullest extent of the law.

It is worrisome Phylicia's case is still classified as a suspicious death investigation and not yet classified a homicide. :praying: clues are found to bring Phylicia the justice she deserves. I'm praying hard for all LE investigating this case as well.

I hope that they are able to determine a cause of death...they will have a great deal of trouble prosecuting anyone without being able to have an ME say it is a homicide...

I'm wondering how the tox results will come back - whether there will be any indication supporting an OD theory. Or whether there were signs of the date rape drug.

We know, according to DB, she may test positive for marijuana......

time will tell.

Phylicia's family is encouraging the community to attend an outdoor vigil from 7-9 p.m. Thursday at 6520 Eberle Lane at the Reisterstown Square Apartments, where the teen was last seen.

The family is asking the community to bring either a purple or white candle to light in Phylicia’s honor.

Full article at link:

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/27691432/detail.html

Phylicia's family is encouraging the community to attend an outdoor vigil from 7-9 p.m. Thursday at 6520 Eberle Lane at the Reisterstown Square Apartments, where the teen was last seen.

The family is asking the community to bring either a purple or white candle to light in Phylicia’s honor.

Full article at link:

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/27691432/detail.html

Thank you. I won't be able to attend but will keep PB's family in my prayers.
I hope everyone here will give their own prayers or thoughts from whatever your beliefs are.
Such a tragic death. Losing someone to what is presumably a crime is just not fair.

Certain things just touch you. I was once, a long time ago, young and vulnerable and was a victim of a crime. In that case it was random (I don't believe this is....but MOO) and my family could have been where she was. As a parent I can't imagine. I think PB's mother might do some wonderful things for victims as John Walsh and Mark Klass have.

I wonder if relatives or people from the apartment will show up at the vigil? It might behoove LE to watch for suspicious behavior--I'm thinking something like Scott Peterson's weird behavior at Laci's vigil.

Columbo - I thought the same about LE and others watching for suspicious behavior..... Not only at Thursday evenings vigil, but also at whatever memorial service/funeral services are held for Phylicia in MD. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the perp(s) to show acting suspiciously.

abstr - I agree. JS would be an amazing woman to advocate for victims in the same way John Walsh and Mark Klaas does - and we'd be right here behind her 110%.

Columbo - I thought the same about LE and others watching for suspicious behavior..... Not only at Thursday evenings vigil, but also at whatever memorial service/funeral services are held for Phylicia in MD. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the perp(s) to show acting suspiciously.

abstr - I agree. JS would be an amazing woman to advocate for victims in the same way John Walsh and Mark Klaas does - and we'd be right here behind her 110%.

I hope she will. I feel odd ever speaking for the AA community but I also grew up where we all are human...who cares or sees race. I know that some thing it is important and do not want to negate but I think people are people. I am still naive I guess.
Again...pray for PB and her friends and family.

Trying to be optimistic (new for me) but if they cannot determine a manner of death, I'll be shattered, as I believe P was murdered or at least that her death was the direct result of the actions of others. But I am afraid that if it is determined she drowned, for example, that even that would be a hard sell as far as turning it into a malicious act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member