MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly.

This is one of the reasons (among many) that I wanted to go this evening... to 'watch'... but I don't think I can make it.

With all due respect I don't believe anyone knows WHO is exactly WHO in regards to this three ring circus of a case especially when it comes to the questionable prayer page. A lot of fake profiles have been made to throw off people and the Barnes family will dismiss anyone who is not in agreement with them. The person who questioned SB is a POI. The streets of Baltimore is HOT. They had knowledge of the female body being confirmed as PB before LE even released official confirmation.

Which then makes me wonder, why did neither of her half sisters verbally speak with her the morning of the 28th? (IF they had brought her to work with either of them every day she visited then why leave her home AND not verbally speak to her? ) And what evidence exists to corroborate DB's statement that she spoke with a groggy/sleepy PB prior to leaving for work the morning of the 28th?

I still have nagging doubts PB was alive when DB left for work the morning of the 28th. I hate thinking that but I can't say I am 100% certain PB was alive when DB left for work that morning.

Come to think of it, it has NEVER been confirmed by a reliable source anyone verbally spoke with PB the morning of the 28th. LE has never said so through MSM. All we have heard is what was fed by MJ to DB and then made it's way to LE.

Has it occured to anyone the fact that KB stated she couldn't remember whether she was at DB's the evening of the 26th or 27th that perhaps she didn't remember due to all of them partying too much and not remembering? It is not uncommon to overconsume drugs or alcohol and not remember much of what happened the night of partying.

Did any of these people consume so much they blacked out and couldn't recall bits and pieces of what happened in previous days or the night before?

This possible OD theory is eating away at me guys. Especially with the autopsy coming back non conclusive.

Respectfully snipped by me.
BBM

I agree absolutely!

There may be a "no-snitch" policy, but it means nothing because people will always talk amongst themselves. That chatter or buzz has it's way of making the rounds, much to the chagrin of the guilty. Let's hope that LE is clued in and waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of us. I believe that they most certainly are.

There was a reason that one of the first things that JS found out when she went to Bmore to look for PB, was that db had provided marijuana and alcohol to an underage PB.

IMO, I believe that's why rb DID NOT want JS to probe the matter with db, and it's why he told mj to stay away. Had JS been given full access to those folks, she might've learned the truth then.

The fact that kb could not remember her last evening over db's apt has absolutely occurred to me as being very curious, almost as curious as db's decision-making, amongst other things.

Since LE has said that there are "no suspects," and that they are at square one in a new investigation with the discovery of PB's body, is it safe to assume that no one has been cleared, also?

I scrolled all the back through NG's FB wall to Feb 3, the post about a missing PB. When the post originally went up, I saw a comment from a Bmore local who stated that "the word on the street" was that PB's body had been tossed in the dumpster. At the time when I first read that comment, I was sickened and didn't want to believe that it was possible. Over the past week, I've been thinking about that one particular comment. It was very matter of fact, not the rants that we're all too familiar with now. So I searched for it, but could not find that comment today.

Also, there were comments from the Guardian Angel "Tazz" on the FB prayer page for PB that stated "they moved you." GJ has mentioned this previously. LE had searched the well on North Bend at one point. Tazz was either referring to this search, or another. ? Someone please advise.

I'm of the opinion that PB's body may have been moved at least two times.

I feel that whenever a search was to beginning to get too close to where she was at that point, someone/they moved her. JMO

Also, I feel that poor Mr. Harper's circumstance of being found in close proximity and in near same condition may yield clues as to when PB was placed in that water.

Is it plausible that Mr. Harper and PB wound up in that river @ the same time? Or is the better explanation that the cold conditions of the water helped to preserve her body?

I just have a nagging feeling that the guilty have been playing a game of one step ahead with PB's remains, but the very last thing in the world that they expected was for her to surface last week.

Wouldn't be something if Mr. Harper indirectly ended up being as instrumental as PB in determining the circumstances of her being in the Susquehanna? Please LE, find the definitive answers.

Praying for JUSTICE!

I have been very sick and doing wedding planning so I haven't had time to catch up. From what I did read it looks like we don't have anymore information.

How long do tox reports take? 4 weeks?

Justice for Phylicia!!!!!! And soon - a killer(s) are walking free and PB didn't even get to celebrate New Years.

With LE saying the autoposy was inconclusive and there were no signs of physical injury on her person, I am really back to wondering about the OD possibility and perhaps DB leaving without really knowing if PB was in fact ok or not before she left.

Please clarify. Did I miss this? Did the medical examiner state that the cause of death could not be determined? Or are you referring to the press conference where Maryland State Police said there were no overt injuries to her body?

So the medical examiners have their final determination as inconclusive?

(s/n) i have been following this thread for a bit, just my login wasnt working till now :)
please keep me inform of all the acronyms you guys are using
I get the Name initials
but LE?? and others im not too sure.
Sorry if this slows you guys down

So the medical examiners have their final determination as inconclusive?

(s/n) i have been following this thread for a bit, just my login wasnt working till now :)
please keep me inform of all the acronyms you guys are using
I get the Name initials
but LE?? and others im not too sure.
Sorry if this slows you guys down

LE = Law Enforcement

BBM = Bolded By Me (when you put something posted/written/stated by someone else in bold font for emphasis).

IIRC = If I recall correctly

IDK = I don't know

These are a few of the acronyms that puzzled me for awhile. Hope this helps..

Hey all, it's been hectic so I haven't had a chance to post on this board.

I was devastated when I heard they found her body, especially in such a horrible manner. I mean, I think we all knew that she had been murdered, but it was still shocking to hear the news last week, regardless.

Why didn't the b*strd just bury her dammit? To dump her body the way they did in the water, to disrespect her like that, it is just sickening. I couldn't help but shed tears. I feel so bad for her and her family. Her poor mother. Phylicia didn't do anything to anyone. She was a good girl---stayed out of trouble. My heart aches for her and her family and friends.

Let me tell you, those who know what happened, just the very same as those who did this to her, and put her into that river, will have hell to pay. I hope whoever did this is shown the same respect as he/she gave Phylicia.

Finding her does give closure to her family, and could provide some evidence as to who killed her or how she was killed, but sadly, being in the water for that period of time washes away a lot of evidence. Additionally, authorities have mentioned in the media that they cannot trace at which point she was placed into the water and the direction in which she traveled. That was disappointing news as well.

I think her sister(s) and DB's b/f and cousin KNOW more than they are saying. Something is NOT right here.

I hope to G-d they catch who did this. Phylicia and her family deserve justice.

There is an absolutely beautiful post by Tazz, the Guar.Angel on PB's FB prayer page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-Phylicia-Barnes/177767702243339

Tazz and other Bmore Guar.Angels who helped look for PB went to the PB memorial service in Monroe, NC.

I'm sure that it was a heartwrenching, but beautiful service. My thoughts and prayers are with all who truly mourn this beautiful angel's passing.

Also, Tazz posted photos from Thursday's NC memorial for PB:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1688388656601.2082010.1444242926&l=972cc0f505

Praise God! JS was in attendance and spoke!!! Yes, as can be expected there are pictures of JS looking solemn, but there's
one photo where she RADIATES a BEAUTIFUL SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even while she grieves, JS shines so brightly! Just as PB will
eternally SHINE.

Thank you Tazz for posting those pictures.

Here's news coverage of the Monroe, NC memorial for Phylicia:
http://www.wcnc.com/home/700-attend-memorial-for-Phylicia-Barnes-120931664.html

Please clarify. Did I miss this? Did the medical examiner state that the cause of death could not be determined? Or are you referring to the press conference where Maryland State Police said there were no overt injuries to her body?

An autopsy was inconclusive, and additional tests are being done to determine how Phylicia died, Maryland State Police spokesman Greg Shipley said today.

Full article at link:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/25/phylicia-barnes-north-carolina-teen-found-dead-in-maryland-had/

The above article states PB's case is being investigated as a suspicious death investigation. I have not seen anything that a cause of death has been established. They will leave the investigation open - a cause of death may or may not be determined sometime in the future. I've seen many cases where a COD was not established for years, but never that a cause of death would never be established. Tox reports, a confession, a witness coming forward are some ways they may be able to determine a COD.

Tox reports will take several weeks.....

I can't speak for Tazz, but I think it would be too risky to have moved PB's remains. The POI's would have not known if they were being tailed. I think the cold water likely had much to do with the condition the of bodies when found. Cold would slow down decomposition. Mr. Harper was identified through finger prints. That says much, imo, for how the cold water could preserve a body.

I think whomever dumped Phylicia did so originally in or near the river. It was cold enough even if she had been on land her body would have been preserved due to temperatures. Also, it is likely with more recent flooding the area she was placed could have been under water carrying her from what was usually land back into the river.... but that is a guess.

Still hoping further tests reveal the COD and allow PB to receive the justice she so deserves.

Phylicia was found on the 20th and official identification was made on the 21st. I think tox reports may come in this week. If not this week then early next week.

I think almost anyone could be familiar with the area. There's boating, fishing and Elk Neck State Park has a beach there. I never liked the beach because the water was dirty. The kind that turns the white of your bathing suit brown. There are sharp rocks in the water also so I always cut my feet. Huge friggin catfish there.

ITA. I would think anyone in Central Maryland and North would be familiar with the area around the dam. I wonder if someone just hopped on 95 and sort of ended up there. If whatever happened was not pre planned then panic might have had them thinking I just have to get as far away from the Baltimore area I can but couldn't go too far because of not being out of touch for too long.
I also agree about the distance...it is quite a drive especially up 95 in the afternoon due to traffic. On the other hand there is a lot of traffic everywhere and most everyone I know has at least a 30 mile commute (meaning at least 45 mins to an hour) to work so even though it is a PIA people do the drive all the time.
All MOO

A lot of people took off work during the week of Christmas and the week of December 28, 2010 since kids did not have to go back to school until January 3, 2011. My sisters were planning to go to a family friend's house at go out to lunch in Havre de Grace, Maryland (Bulle Rock gated community). Bulle Rock is on the Harford County side of Susquehanna River. They changed their plans for that coming weekend.

originally posted by Sun48shine:

A lot of people took off work during the week of Christmas and the week of December 28, 2010 since kids did not have to go back to school until January 3, 2011. My sisters were planning to go to a family friend's house at go out to lunch in Havre de Grace, Maryland (Bulle Rock gated community). Bulle Rock is on the Harford County side of Susquehanna River. They changed their plans for that coming weekend.

Being a local, is this area of the Susquenhanna a place some might choose to vacation for the winter holidays?

Being from the Great Lakes area myself, I know many of the usual within an hour or two vacation spots are in the 'snow belt' getting so much lake effect snow they would be almost impossible to access during Christmas/New Years holidays....

I know Baltimore is not in a similiar 'lake effect snow' area - so would love to get some more input from yourself or any other locals on winter holidays and vacationing near the dam.

I of course would also love to know of any history the J family or any of the 30 or so persons to have met PB may have had with this area of the Susquenhanna river and or dam. Was this an area they visted as a child? Any family or friends visit there at any time?

tia

Fascinating find. Thank you for posting. In a nutshell, the theory states that PB snuck out at night to go with a guy, and it turned into a drug deal gone bad.
I would like to know more clearly the vehicles available to the folks in the apartment.

Forgive me for being so far behind on this thread. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery, in pain, taking my pain meds. Is the person in the article "royr..." referring to the night of the 27th? On December 28th, did PB make a comment on one of her Facebook/classmate friend's wall? Didn't she indicate on Facebook that she was chillin at sis apt with sis bf.

Being a local, is this area of the Susquenhanna a place some might choose to vacation for the winter holidays?

Being from the Great Lakes area myself, I know many of the usual within an hour or two vacation spots are in the 'snow belt' getting so much lake effect snow they would be almost impossible to access during Christmas/New Years holidays....

I know Baltimore is not in a similiar 'lake effect snow' area - so would love to get some more input from yourself or any other locals on winter holidays and vacationing near the dam.

I of course would also love to know of any history the J family or any of the 30 or so persons to have met PB may have had with this area of the Susquenhanna river and or dam. Was this an area they visted as a child? Any family or friends visit there at any time?

tia

The gated community called Bulle Rock has a well known Golf Course. I am not sure if people would be golfing in below freezing weather, but Havre de Grace is definitely a tourist town for families (i.e. with small children). It has a small lighthouse, small shops and restaurants along the Susquehanna River. There are a lot of fishing spots in this area. I can't imagine anyone fishing in Maryland during below freezing temperatures, although the river was not frozen solid.

http://www.hdgtourism.com/

http://www.bullerock.com/

I didn't think the Susquenhanna would freeze over as huge as it is. Locally we have a much much smaller river, where branches are still called creeks. They are maybe 20-25' wide at most and do not freeze over in the winter. In fact they are quite shallow and on occasion I have seen deer crossing mid winter and noticed the water level is only knee deep or so to the deer. Even with such shallow water the flow is enough that it does not freeze over. Even with temps ranging around zero (without windchill factored in) they still do not completely freeze over. Comparing something so tiny in relation to the Susquenhanna I would image very little of the Susquenhanna freezes over if at all.

I'm still wondering if there is any connection whatsover to the 30 POI's and if any of them had ever previously visited the Susquenhanna at any time.....

Forgive me for being so far behind on this thread. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery, in pain, taking my pain meds. Is the person in the article "royr..." referring to the night of the 27th? On December 28th, did PB make a comment on one of her Facebook/classmate friend's wall? Didn't she indicate on Facebook that she was chillin at sis apt with sis bf.

OT- I hope you are feeling better soon Sun48shine! :blowkiss: thanks for taking the time to catch up on the thread even though you are recovering from surgery and not feeling 100%. It warms my heart you would be so kind to check in for Phylicia even with your own busy real life stuff going on. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member