MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wondering, if she was sexually assaulted would there still be evidence after her being in the water for so long? How would they determine asphyxiation being in the water so long? Or perhaps her neck was broken as that would not be visible initially ( or most likely not noticable).

If she was strangled or had a broken neck - I believe the hypoid bone would likely be broken.

WJZ-13 News mentioned yesterday and today that LE has been re-interviewing the POIs.

5:00pm -- WJZ -13 news is still saying no signs of sexual assault. LE is also interviewing some new people (locally) and some people from out of town.

WJZ-13 News mentioned yesterday and today that LE has been re-interviewing the POIs.

Thanks Sun48shine! Hopefully that will make online media. I check at least twice a day for any updates.

I am wondering if LE knows but are just waiting for that witness or few witnesses to confirm.

On a positive note, there have been some cases I've followed that I thought would NEVER get solved. And then all of a sudden boom- a MSM article indicating an arrest has been made, the perps mug is posted and some details LE has been holding back all along are released. Released pre trial but after charges have been filed, maybe after a grand jury seating.

Never know for sure what LE has going on behind the scenes, or how long it will take, but I have NO DOUBT, not even an inkling of a doubt they are pulling out all the stops to solve this case. I know we, like they, will NEVER give up on seeing Phylicia gets the justice she deserves.

Another reason I think LE knows much more than they are making public is due to the timing they released the COD being homicide. Only hours after the private funeral info was released.

There is more to the meaning on the timing. Just what I don't know..... but let's all please keep LE in our prayers in addition to Ms. Sallis and all of Phylicia's family and friends. I know they want the responsible for murdering Phylicia to face justice as we all do.

Another reason I think LE knows much more than they are making public is due to the timing they released the COD being homicide. Only hours after the private funeral info was released.

There is more to the meaning on the timing. Just what I don't know..... but let's all please keep LE in our prayers in addition to Ms. Sallis and all of Phylicia's family and friends. I know they want the responsible for murdering Phylicia to face justice as we all do.

What a coincident. MA who posts on the Prayer page and does her best to upset people, kept mentioning yesterday that timing was very important and getting justice for Phylicia.

COD can't really be drowning or overdose as they would not be able to classify either of those as "homicide" at this point. Possibly asphixiation, I can't think of anything else that would not be obvious at a glance. As far as sexual assualt, they are not always able to determine that, if no signs of it, probably no DNA, unfortunately.

Currently, there is some type of feuding between PB's family here in Baltimore. It is evident on the Prayer page right now by relative SB. The administrators will probably delete comments towards the relatives, soon.

J.T. from Prayer page wrote:
Things are really taking a turn with hopes of BPD breaking this case soon!
Anyone who knows Investigate or GeorgiaJean from WS please have them contact me. Thanks
12 minutes ago ·

I have saved J.T.'s full name on my computer and the family feud conversation.

Burying her beloved daughter the day before Mothers Day. Dear God!

I know, heartbreaking. My son is making his first holy communion on Saturday and I know while we are celebrating as a family, Phylicia and her family will be in my thoughts.

On a bit more of an OT note - National Missing Childrens day is May 25th. In 1983 Ronald Reagan designated May 25th as National Missing Childrens day - 4 years after 6 year old Etan Patz went missing from NYC. Etan went missing the first time he was allowed to walk the two blocks to his bus stop by himself.... http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/patz_etan.html

http://www.take25.org/page.asp?page=51

There is a poster contest for National Missing Childrens day - posters must be submitted by 5th graders.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/programs/postercontest/

Maybe one will be submitted from a 5th grader either in North Carolina, Baltimore or somewhere across the globe who was touched by Phylicia's case.

I know Phylicia will be looking down on all the 5th graders and all children who are touched by missing children and missing persons cases.

Maybe, just maybe there is something to current events in Phylicia's case happening in May.

And if Ms. Sallis happens to hear of this, I hope she knows many of us mothers will not be forgetting her and her loss this mothers day. Nor will be forgetting all of the mothers missing their children this mothers day.

What we do to honor this missing persons holiday is leave our porch light or out door light on to light the way home for missing children and missing persons everywhere. I hope everyone who has been touched by Phylicia's case will make sure they leave a light on May 25th for all the missing children still needing to make their way back home.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

J.T. from Prayer page wrote:
Things are really taking a turn with hopes of BPD breaking this case soon!
Anyone who knows Investigate or GeorgiaJean from WS please have them contact me. Thanks
12 minutes ago ·

I have saved J.T.'s full name on my computer and the family feud conversation.

Don't give them personal info if you don't know who they are. I read it, anyone here familiar with who J.T. is? Other local posters here have warned against this as well. IF LE wants to speak with GJ ir Inv. there is a proper way to make sure that is who you are contacting.

COD can't really be drowning or overdose as they would not be able to classify either of those as "homicide" at this point. Possibly asphixiation, I can't think of anything else that would not be obvious at a glance. As far as sexual assualt, they are not always able to determine that, if no signs of it, probably no DNA, unfortunately.

Something like a broken neck they'd need to make sure it was before death and not caused by her disposal for instance. I don't think the toxicology is back yet either. They might consider a drowning in this case to be a homicide if they found water in the lungs. No way she'd be swimming and if she was out on a boat and fell overboard she sure wasn't alone and no one called for help.Homicide doesn't mean murder rather the death of one human caused by another. In that instance failure to help her could explain that angle. What they had originally said was no obvious trauma like a stabbing or gunshot but that was early on so I am still wondering if they found a bullet in her head that wasn't immediately visible or fractured skull? COD would really shed a lot of light on this whole thing for us imo. So very important to solving this!

Don't give them personal info if you don't know who they are. I read it, anyone here familiar with who J.T. is? Other local posters here have warned against this as well. IF LE wants to speak with GJ ir Inv. there is a proper way to make sure that is who you are contacting.

I'm not familiar with who JT is, however if it were LE who wanted to contact GJ or Investigate1, I don't know that they (LE) would be asking on FB rather than contacting the owner of WS directly.

I too would be cautious......

Something like a broken neck they'd need to make sure it was before death and not caused by her disposal for instance. I don't think the toxicology is back yet either. They might consider a drowning in this case to be a homicide if they found water in the lungs. No way she'd be swimming and if she was out on a boat and fell overboard she sure wasn't alone and no one called for help.Homicide doesn't mean murder rather the death of one human caused by another. In that instance failure to help her could explain that angle. What they had originally said was no obvious trauma like a stabbing or gunshot but that was early on so I am still wondering if they found a bullet in her head that wasn't immediately visible or fractured skull? COD would really shed a lot of light on this whole thing for us imo. So very important to solving this!

I'm sure the ME will be able to determine what if any injuries occured antemortem, perimortem or postmortem. Many possibilities but we won't know until after an arrest(s) is made and the person or persons are charged. I'm not even sure how much LE would make public pre-trial.
Time will tell.

We'll just have to continue to be patient and wait. I have no doubt Justice will come for Phylicia. Perhaps much sooner than any of us anticipate.

I know, heartbreaking. My son is making his first holy communion on Saturday and I know while we are celebrating as a family, Phylicia and her family will be in my thoughts.

On a bit more of an OT note - National Missing Childrens day is May 25th. In 1983 Ronald Reagan designated May 25th as National Missing Childrens day - 4 years after 6 year old Etan Patz went missing from NYC. Etan went missing the first time he was allowed to walk the two blocks to his bus stop by himself.... http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/patz_etan.html

http://www.take25.org/page.asp?page=51

There is a poster contest for National Missing Childrens day - posters must be submitted by 5th graders.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/programs/postercontest/

Maybe one will be submitted from a 5th grader either in North Carolina, Baltimore or somewhere across the globe who was touched by Phylicia's case.

I know Phylicia will be looking down on all the 5th graders and all children who are touched by missing children and missing persons cases.

Maybe, just maybe there is something to current events in Phylicia's case happening in May.

And if Ms. Sallis happens to hear of this, I hope she knows many of us mothers will not be forgetting her and her loss this mothers day. Nor will be forgetting all of the mothers missing their children this mothers day.

What we do to honor this missing persons holiday is leave our porch light or out door light on to light the way home for missing children and missing persons everywhere. I hope everyone who has been touched by Phylicia's case will make sure they leave a light on May 25th for all the missing children still needing to make their way back home.

First of all congrats to your son. That is a huge step for him!

Also I hope you will post again near the 25th to remind us all. I just put it on my calendar.

God Bless Phylicia's family and friends.

First of all congrats to your son. That is a huge step for him!

Also I hope you will post again near the 25th to remind us all. I just put it on my calendar.

God Bless Phylicia's family and friends.

Thank you abstr! I will make a mental note to post a reminder closer to the 25th. I'm sure it will be mentioned around the forum as well.... but for those who don't venture into many area's I will definately post a reminder.

Security expert discusses Barnes case

Now that the death of 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes has been ruled a homicide, the question is, where does the investigation go from here?

Police have not released much information about their case. But the head of a Maryland security firm, who tried to help the Barnes family find Phylicia, says he's confident investigators will track down whoever is responsible.

full article at link:

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/cr...y_crime/security-expert-discusses-barnes-case

Well worth the read.

Let's not forget Mr. Rondeau has been working closely with the detectives working Phylicia's case. I'm sure he is privy to information made available only to those closest to the investigation. And perhaps even information which LE is not even able to share with immediate family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000