MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm a newbie poster, so if this is in the wrong place, please excuse and move as necessary. I'm looking for some information on a missing child that I haven't been able to get out of my mind since I read about her disappearance here on WS, but I can't remember her name, or even the place she went missing from. :blushing: I'm hoping some of you wonderful sleuthers with better memories than me may be able to help.
The young lady in question was about 15 years old and went on her first visit to her sister who lived and worked in another city. Her Mom was reluctant to let her go but thought her older sister would take care of her. There was a party at the flat, or at least a lot of people going in and out, and allegedly, at some stage the missing girl said she was hungry and went out for food, but that seemed to be in doubt. Then there was something about an ex boyfriend of her sister's sleeping on the couch. She was supposed to meet her sister after work and didn't turn up, then was reported missing.
I think it was sometime quite late last year, or perhaps even very early this year. :doh: Wish I could remember. Can anyone help?
:loveyou:

Hi Danemead...I'm thinking possibly it is the Hailey Dunn case? I'm not sure but I followed her thread for a while and that's the only one that seems to fit with the info given.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply Blondie. I feel like such a dummy not even being able to remember when it was :banghead: I've been following Hayley's case too but this young lady was someone else. Wow, it so sad how so many people can just vanish.

:tyou:

Phylicia Barnes, Baltimore, MD Sadly, she was found deceased. Her thread is in Located discussion forum. No one charged yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been checking but have seen no new news or breaks in this case.

Thank you so much. You guys are truely amazing. I'm so very sad about this poor young lady. Oh dear, sometimes I despair about the world. Thank you again.

:(

Been checking but have seen no new news or breaks in this case.

Thanks, Cubby!

Still here, still praying, and still convinced that the guilty will NOT get away with this horrible crime against our PB.

Looking at Caylee's and so many other cases, it's illuminating and underscores the fact that LE has to build their case in each and every one of these tragedies.

Far be it from me to rush them, I have every confidence that they are working feverishly behind the scenes to provide a solid and infalliable case in order to bring justice to Phylicia and her deserving family.

We wait patiently, dearest Phylicia. Justice makes her way out of no way.

Thanks for all the updates. I have family who live in Union County and we have all been hoping and praying for Phylica and her family since she disappered. The media isn't releasing any news as long as the Casey Anthony Trial is going on.

I'm sure the police are still working just as hard to find what happened to Phylica. Our hope is justice for Phylica and truth for her family and friends. They deserve to know.

If you have a chance go to the following link of missing persons from Charlotte Mecklenburg. There are 23 missing thus far in 2011.

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/...ims/MissingPersons/Pages/Missing Gallery.aspx

Sometimes this link doesn't work so go to: Charmeck.org and you can find it manually.

Thank you.

Hello everyone I haven't posted in a while but I have been keeping tabs on updates hoping and praying justice is served on behalf of Phylicia. It has been 6 months since her disappearance/murder and LE has yet to name any suspects or make arrests. This is a outrage and I am more outraged at the lack of media attention paid to this case. Yes it has been little coverage and that is only due to Phylicia's 6 month anniversary. I understand that the nation is fascinated right now with the Casey Anthony trial. That's fine but lest we forget about all the other children who case has yet to be looked at and those missing children who have yet to be found. Remember Hailey Dunn? Justice is being served in the case for Caylee Anthony so now its time to bring Justice for Phylicia Simone Barnes!

There is a article from the Baltimore Brew that really caught my attention. Apparently Uncle LE is not LE after all! He is indeed Uncle SELF-EMPLOYED CONTRACTOR! Meaning he only knows as much as the public knows which is basically nothing! Also interesting is that Baltimore LE is no longer over Phylicia's case since her body was recovered. Maryland State Police is handling the case as well as the FBI which brings me hope that this case will be solved! I have the utmost confidence in these agencies that they will not allow this case to grow cold. Also a huge interest point came when I read that Russell Barnes is completely out of the loop meaning the Barnes family is getting no updates on the case since the state took over. Very interesting article to read. Here is the link: http://www.baltimorebrew.com/2011/0...a-barnes/?s-lonely-vigil-for-phylicia-barnes/

Everyone I encourage you to please keep interest in this case and pray that justice is served for Phylicia Simone Barnes. I will never forget and I will never stop believing that the guilty will be caught! Let's re ignite this thread and let the ones responsible for Phylicia's murder know that the public has NOT lost interest and is not distracted by the circus going on in the courtroom where justice is being brought upon Casey Anthony. Justice Will Be Served! JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA BARNES!!!!!!!! GOD Bless

Thank you for the article and update Frostbyte. I'm glad to see Uncle H still out there pushing for justice for Phylicia. I'm not going to read too much into the Barnes family not getting updates because the article indicates LE is not calling family. Not that they are not taking families calls when family does call.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Phylicia and pray she receives the justice she deserves. As Falconi posted above, who are I/we to rush LE? If they made an arrest the defendent has the right to a speedy trial and the last thing I would want is for the person or persons responsible to be acquitted. I'm more than willing to wait patiently to ensure a conviction.

Justice will come for Phylicia. It may not come quickly, but it will come. Phylicia is not, nor will she ever be forgotten.

Hello everyone I haven't posted in a while but I have been keeping tabs on updates hoping and praying justice is served on behalf of Phylicia. It has been 6 months since her disappearance/murder and LE has yet to name any suspects or make arrests. This is a outrage and I am more outraged at the lack of media attention paid to this case. Yes it has been little coverage and that is only due to Phylicia's 6 month anniversary. I understand that the nation is fascinated right now with the Casey Anthony trial. That's fine but lest we forget about all the other children who case has yet to be looked at and those missing children who have yet to be found. Remember Hailey Dunn? Justice is being served in the case for Caylee Anthony so now its time to bring Justice for Phylicia Simone Barnes!

There is a article from the Baltimore Brew that really caught my attention. Apparently Uncle LE is not LE after all! He is indeed Uncle SELF-EMPLOYED CONTRACTOR! Meaning he only knows as much as the public knows which is basically nothing! Also interesting is that Baltimore LE is no longer over Phylicia's case since her body was recovered. Maryland State Police is handling the case as well as the FBI which brings me hope that this case will be solved! I have the utmost confidence in these agencies that they will not allow this case to grow cold. Also a huge interest point came when I read that Russell Barnes is completely out of the loop meaning the Barnes family is getting no updates on the case since the state took over. Very interesting article to read. Here is the link: http://www.baltimorebrew.com/2011/0...a-barnes/?s-lonely-vigil-for-phylicia-barnes/

Everyone I encourage you to please keep interest in this case and pray that justice is served for Phylicia Simone Barnes. I will never forget and I will never stop believing that the guilty will be caught! Let's re ignite this thread and let the ones responsible for Phylicia's murder know that the public has NOT lost interest and is not distracted by the circus going on in the courtroom where justice is being brought upon Casey Anthony. Justice Will Be Served! JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA BARNES!!!!!!!! GOD Bless

I concur on the media. I was so angry when I heard the one mention of Phylicia on the local news. I swear they said, "Law Enforcement is closer to solving the disappearance and murder of Phylica Barnes".....That was the little tidbit they threw out to get you to watch. However, when it came on the news they said, Law Enforcement stated they have not given up on solving the Barnes case. They intend to interview her friends in NC. THAT WAS IT!

I was so angry and I am still angry. We need the truth not some little blurp the media puts out to up their viewers......That wasn't LE it was the local news and they do this all the time. I for one think they need to start doing some INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING........THAT MEANS GET OFF THEIR POSTERIOR ANATOMY AND TRAVEL TO GET THE TRUTH.

I don't know about anyone else but I think the news media in the Charlotte area are about the laziest group I've ever seen. If its in Char-Meck a news crew is there regardless of the story. They don't travel too far though.

They will say they are the local news so they stay "Local" . PHYLICIA BARNES WAS A LOCAL GIRL............

WHAT HAPPENED TO REPORTERS WHO WENT WHEREVER THE STORY LED THEM! LE NEEDS TO KNOW THE FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND NC WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON, WHAT'S BEING DONE, WHERE IS LE IN THE INVESTIGATION, WE WANT TO KNOW IT IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE A COLD CASE!

Sorry I am ranting. I don't want Phylicia to be another Tommy Sumerix, Ruth Guthrie, Mariane Brubaker, Asha Degree, and my list goes on.

I realize Caylee is a big news story but let's be honest.....they have more than one reporter!

For Phylicia's family - this is such a horrible story, such a loss.

Have you tried contacting Parents of Murdered Children for support? They have wonderful support groups of parents in the same situation. Also, they have an SOS (Second Opinion Service) where they help guide families who have not been able to get justice in court. The group is volunteers, mostly retired LE or others who have knowledge of the justice system. You can write to them online and appeal for help

http://www.pomc.com/sos.cfm

Best wishes.

Vigil Held For Phylicia Barnes; Murder Remains Unsolved Six Months Later. Here is the link to the article.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...nes-murder-remains-unsolved-six-months-later/

Le said they know the cause of Phylica'a death.
State police spokesman Greg Shipley said that doing so “could jeopardize the investigation by revealing information known only to the person or persons responsible for her death.”

:woohoo: it's only a matter of time before the arrests come down! no mercy shall be shown! everything that was done in the dark shall be brought into light. the truth is never pretty but it must be brought out! I never thought for one second that this case was going cold! it takes time to build a case and forensic evidence collected does not come back in days! results are retrieved in months and its that time! the guilty are shaking in their boots right now! was it really worth it? did you actually think in these days of advanced technology you would get away with murdering such a beautiful soul? time is winding down on your freedom! here is a news article link from WBTV which goes into some detail of the search warrants. very interesting to say the least! But I'm not shocked at all! http://www.wbtv.com/story/15043846/fbi-seeks-email-facebook-access-in-barnes-case :great: JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA SIMONE BARNES!

And so it begins...

JUSTICE WILL BE DONE, Sweet Phylicia!!!!!!!!!

Authorities searching for the killer of North Carolina teen Phylicia Barnes obtained search warrants for email and Facebook accounts belonging to her and at least three other people, according to documents filed in U.S. District Court.

The documents, filed by an FBI special agent assigned to the state's child exploitation task force, say authorities are seeking access to the accounts as part of a child *advertiser censored* investigation and sexual exploitation of a minor, though the affidavits that spell out that angle remain sealed and agencies involved in the case refused to comment.

Legal experts say the move does not necessarily mean that the case has a sex crime element, but that evidence of sexually explicit material discovered during the investigation is being used as an entry into computer accounts that could provide new insight into her death. Barnes was 16 years old at the time of her disappearance.

Full article at link:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...barnes-investigation-20110707,0,3996374.story

BBM: Note the article says at least three other people. We know there were three males last seen with Phylicia the day she went missing. The former boyfriend of her half sister Deena, his cousin and a younger brother of his. (FB posting made by the half sisters former boyfriend on the find PB FB group, since removed).

There has always been something hinky about Phylicia being left alone with three males and her comments that someone had made her feel uncomfortable just prior to her disappearance.

Praying LE is closer to having their case built and can soon file charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9