MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am really nervous about this trial's possible outcome and I started reading the most recent TPC article and Howard County was mentioned referencing the park. Then I remembered a homicide commander for BCPD working on Phylicia's case abandoning his unmarked police car in Howard County and it was close to I95 (which can take you to the area where Phylicia was found if taken north). It just struck me and I know it links two locations noted in this case. I believe this happened March 2011 and I never heard of the outcome of the officers investigation. I really am struggling with the fact that I think that there was more police involvement than should have been and some may have been inappropriate JMO. I feel like there is a single piece of strong evidence that will prove guilt but it hasn't been found yet and yet it's almost too obvious. Maybe I'm just anxious and I want answers. Spent a lot of time searching and driving around the area she went missing and looking through parks and getting sick with fear when I found bones and researching.....ugh! Sorry about the rant bc I know that you all probably feel the same way. Back to my point- does anyone have any input, an opinion, or knowledge about the commander?

I am not familiar with the unmarked police car being abandoned. Can you tell me more about that or point me in the direction where I might find more info about that.

Patapsco State Park is huge...I wish they would have given a better description of the area where his cell pinged from. Was it close to the Baltimore County and Howard County line or was it further out Howard County? I will drive by Patapsco State Park when traveling to Catonsville /Route 40 area when I want to avoid the highway and traffic.

When I look at everything, it is so bizarre that there was so much going on within LE involved with this case, (i.e., relatives of both parties reportedly being in LE, inappropriate conduct by certain investigators, homicide commander oddly abandoning unmarked car a little over a month before a victims body is found, and this commander didn't radio or contact anyone for assistance. The car was left to be found by MSP. And not to forget investigations being allegedly done by a LE officer and family member prior to an actual call to LE). IMO not only is there the family bond where "blood is thicker than water" but the brotherhood of the LE family exists too and I really hope that this didn't have any bearing on Phylicia's investigation and case. I don't want to make it sound like a conspiracy theory but it does make me wonder. RB is also not excluded from my suspicions or hunches.

I really hurt for her mother, step-father and little sister and Justice has seemed to allude for far too long. I don't really have any remorse for the family here in Bmore that had a responsibility to this child and did not act in her best interest. I know that probably sounds harsh but I would be lying if I said anything different.

Forgot to ask- did you happen to read any of the comments posted at the end of the article? There was a Larry Johnson that posted something that caught my eye, well other than the last name of course.

Did the prosecution ever present the post or tweet, (paraphrased from memory) 'It's at the dam, don't pull the lever'? That comnment was posted by someone on DB and MJ's group of friends twitter or fb and I thought it was important evidence. Did anyone hear if the jury heard that?

These last few days I really thought the prosecution was just getting started. I did not expect them to rest this soon and I have to say they really seem to have fallen short. Short in one of those it's not really a firework just something that blows smoke.

If MJ isn't found guilty I'm just going to feel like Phylicia was let down in the worst way, twice.

Praying when the time comes, the jury does the right thing by Phylicia. :please:

I'm really down about what happened today. If he walks, I'm going to be ill. Phylicia and her (true) family deserve justice. They deserve for MJ and DB (yes, her too) to pay for this.

I agree with pretty much everything. I kinda have a sick feeing. But, on the other hand the judge used to be a public defender. He is looking at this from both sides.

The prosecution worries me. There may be too much doubt, even though most will probably "know" he did it. Problem being they might not meet the burden of proof because so many of these creeps were in on covering for each other and especially for Michael Johnsons nasty azz.

Todays witnesses included Elvis Teah, the neighbor who witnesses MJ moving the container, offered to help.... and a woman named Nikita McCray, who is said to be one of the last contacts Phylicia made.

Really? I suspect as many here, that MJ was using Phylicia's phone to throw off the timeline and buy time for himself to figure out what to do. So, if that is the way it happened, was Michael really calling Nikita to get to his brother to help?

Or am I way off, I am not 100% familiar with all the people in the edge of this case.

Todays witnesses included Elvis Teah, the neighbor who witnesses MJ moving the container, offered to help.... and a woman named Nikita McCray, who is said to be one of the last contacts Phylicia made.

Really? I suspect as many here, that MJ was using Phylicia's phone to throw off the timeline and buy time for himself to figure out what to do. So, if that is the way it happened, was Michael really calling Nikita to get to his brother to help?

Or am I way off, I am not 100% familiar with all the people in the edge of this case.

I am not sure who NM is but she does share the same last name as the guy who testified that he saw Phylicia's body.

ETA: Ok, I believe I figured out who NM is and would think it is completely plausible that MJ could have called her to reach a family member.

I am not sure who NM is but she does share the same last name as the guy who testified that he saw Phylicia's body.

ETA: Ok, I believe I figured out who NM is and would think it is completely plausible that MJ could have called her to reach a family member.

I hope prosecutors have looked at this angle and checked her cell phone records. It would be circumstantial if the trail led that way --- but they need everything they can get.

Ya, I don't know who Nikita is and how she plays into this.

Was MJ's post from the Prayer FB page stating he returned to the apartment at the time Phylicia was getting out of the shower presented to the jury?

I'm left thinking huh? I hope the jury isn't as confused as I am.

Anyone besides me still feeling really sick about this? God, I hope the prosecution isn't working on the presumption Phylicia made all of those calls and texts. If they do, they should never prosecute another case again. This is just awful. :( (sorry for whining).

I'm worried, too. Too many questions = potential for jurors to conclude reasonable doubt.

Anyone besides me still feeling really sick about this? God, I hope the prosecution isn't working on the presumption Phylicia made all of those calls and texts. If they do, they should never prosecute another case again. This is just awful. :( (sorry for whining).
I feel you Cubby. I have a knot in my stomach. If the truth be told I am very disappointed in the evidence that the prosecution presented to the jury. I would rather have waited for them to come up with a stronger case. Maybe the jury will see things differently, but from my point of view this case sucks.

I feel you Cubby. I have a knot in my stomach. If the truth be told I am very disappointed in the evidence that the prosecution presented to the jury. I would rather have waited for them to come up with a stronger case. Maybe the jury will see things differently, but from my point of view this case sucks.

I feel exactly the same way. I find myself wondering why the prosecution went with this case when they did.

I'm also thinking a civil wrongful death lawsuit might be the only justice for Phylicia at this point, if the statute of limitations hasn't expired. I'd like to see a wrongful death suit brought against MJ and Deena.

The statue of limititations for wrongful death suits in MD is 3 years. Janice Sallis-Mustafa still has time to file one for Phylicia's death. I hope she chooses to do.

I have a sick feeling about this trial as well. It seems it ended on an anti-climactic note. And Jurors are not often that good at connecting the dots. ' Reasonable Doubts' seems like the 'GOD' head to juries these days. Like if they are confused and have any doubts about their own understanding then instead of pursuing it and asking questions, they just claim that the state failed to prove their case and they vote Not Guilty.

Phylicia deserves so much more than what I saw put forth in this trial, imo.

I hope 17,000 pages of documents by the prosecutors was not a total waste. Will the FBI take the stand? They had requested social network pages and cell phone records.

There was never any mentioning of where police think was the actual spot where Phylicia's body was placed in the water. How well did they look for evidence around the Conowingo water areas and woods? Did they check both Cecil and Harford county wooded areas nearby?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back