MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More wiretap details...

October 16, 2011 text messages
The first conversation, which consisted of text messages, between Johnson and Tabitha Fickling, who was his girlfriend at the time. Johnson was a person of interest in the case at that time.
In that conversation Johnson texted "I feel like everything is about to hit the fan." He then wrote he wasn't ready for this, and that he didn't have many options, but still had some. He wanted to pack up his stuff and leave. He thought Fickling would be against that idea.
Fickling then texted, "And go where?"
Johnson then texted he should leave the country, but he didn't want to go, and thought that Fickling and ****** (Johnson's child with Fickling) would have to stay.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/re...pped-conversations-about-phylicia-barnes-case

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I agree AmandaReckonwith!! I really am frustrated by the amount of attention the Arias case is getting. Other than some local coverage here in Baltimore, I haven't seen much (if any) national coverage. I actually emailed Nancy Grace to see if she was going to do any reporting on Phylicia's case and I haven't gotten a response nor heard it mentioned on her show. This whole thing saddens me.

I have to say that I wish I had been here rather than hanging out on the Jody Arias thread. I have been with Phylicia's case since Day One. I wish I could make it over there one day for the trial but don't know if I can get away.

My heart is with her mom, sister, and (step)father...

And I'm so glad that all of you are still here on this case.

He ends the call by telling his brother, “I ain’t goin down without a fight.” His brother responds, “You shouldn’t.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...cia-barnes-trial-20130122,0,5104131.htmlstory

:burn:

From the Live Updates on Jan. 31 11:55 pm -

Cell phone tower data shows Johnson’s phone was off from 11:30-1 p.m. on Dec. 28; places him nowhere near Susquehanna

It may not have placed him near Susquehanna during the day, but it did place him in Patapsco State Park area. The Susquehanna could have been later that night and he could have left his phone home during the late night hours.

From the Live Updates on Jan. 31 11:55 pm -

Cell phone tower data shows Johnson’s phone was off from 11:30-1 p.m. on Dec. 28; places him nowhere near Susquehanna

It may not have placed him near Susquehanna during the day, but it did place him in Patapsco State Park area. The Susquehanna could have been later that night and he could have left his phone home during the late night hours.

This information about the cell being off from 11:30-1 9m is a little confusing. Is that the only time MJ's cell was off the day of Phylcia's disappearance? Was the jury shown a map of his movements throughout the day? The time gap is during the period it is believed Phylicia was murdered. That her phone was used means nothing to me. Anyone, including MJ, could have been using her phone to make it appear as if she were alive and well after she was murdered.

When was the last time someone physically spoke to Phylicia? That is the time I am interested in.

Prosecutors were told they couldn't present evidence that a computer seized from the home of Johnson's brother had been used the day after Phylicia's disappearance to conduct an Internet search about whether phone GPS data can be traced when a phone is off. Circuit Judge Alfred Nance said prosecutors couldn't connect Johnson to the search, though prosecutors signaled that they would try again.

Effer. All this tells me is that MJ's brothers knew from the get go. :burn:
I will never ever understand how anyone can treat another human being like a disposable object. These people, the J clan and DB have no souls.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...rnes-trial-day-eight-20130131,0,4293021.story

From Live Updates on Feb. 1 1:34 pm

Jail phone call from this week played for jurors – but what of it?

Prosecutors on Friday morning also played a recording of a jailhouse phone call made by MJ on Monday night to an unknown person. MJ could be heard saying DB’s name at one point, but the context was unclear.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bal-live-updates-from-the-phylicia-barnes-trial-20130122,0,5104131.htmlstory

I wonder what that call was all about. Was it to set up a hit on DB?

From the link with the live updates.

A neighbor of Michael Maurice Johnson testified Friday that on the day Phylicia Barnes went missing, he saw Johnson struggling to move a large container out of the apartment.

Elvis Teah said he passed Johnson while leaving his apartment the morning of Dec. 28, 2010 and noticed Johnson was “working hard” to move the container, and “was sweating a bit.” He said Johnson was moving the container one step at a time. Teah gave his information to police before he knew Phylicia was missing, when police asked him if he had seen anything unusual the day before, he testified.

On cross-examination, Teah said he didn’t know where Johnson was moving the container or what was inside of it. He also didn’t notice whether anyone was in the apartment. According to the prosecution timeline, Phylicia was killed sometime in the early afternoon, and defense attorney Ivan Bates later noted that Teah had said he saw Johnson moving the container in the morning

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...cia-barnes-trial-20130122,0,5104131.htmlstory

Someone please tell me the prosecution isn't limiting the timeline to early afternoon. How do they know it was Phylicia texting and posting on her facebook and not MJ? There is no way to prove that, imo. We need to know exactly when someone last spoke to Phylicia.

I've always thought it was late morning and that MJ posted on PB's FB page.

Also, MJ stated early on via the Pray for Phylica FB page that he saw her coming out of the bathroom in a towel. He removed the post not too long after.

Does the neighbor know what time he left the day of PB's disappearance? Morning is a pretty wide gap.

So frustrating to have so many questions based on the reporting. It's good, but still so many questions.... :pullhair:

(The judge's) ruling: the container can become evidence only as an item delivered by Deena to police, but is not to be considered for any other purpose.

Is it just me or was the above worded strangely? That "any other purpose" kind of sounds like it's also means they can't consider the neighbors comment about the container or the ME's statement about the possibility of Phylicia being in a container based on the state of decomp.

Or am I just a complete bundle of nerves with this trial?

Justice for Phylicia. If what the witness who stated he saw Phylicia wrapped in sheets was true, I can't even imagine what her last minutes were like...... And for MJ to say he is not going down without a fight, what kind of fighting chance did he give Phylicia? :furious: :burn:

And I gotta say, Deena leading the lamb to the slaughter so to speak, I put her on the same level as MJ. She is no better than he is. None.

From the link with the live updates.

A neighbor of Michael Maurice Johnson testified Friday that on the day Phylicia Barnes went missing, he saw Johnson struggling to move a large container out of the apartment.

Elvis Teah said he passed Johnson while leaving his apartment the morning of Dec. 28, 2010 and noticed Johnson was “working hard” to move the container, and “was sweating a bit.” He said Johnson was moving the container one step at a time. Teah gave his information to police before he knew Phylicia was missing, when police asked him if he had seen anything unusual the day before, he testified.

On cross-examination, Teah said he didn’t know where Johnson was moving the container or what was inside of it. He also didn’t notice whether anyone was in the apartment. According to the prosecution timeline, Phylicia was killed sometime in the early afternoon, and defense attorney Ivan Bates later noted that Teah had said he saw Johnson moving the container in the morning

Someone please tell me the prosecution isn't limiting the timeline to early afternoon. How do they know it was Phylicia texting and posting on her facebook and not MJ? There is no way to prove that, imo. We need to know exactly when someone last spoke to Phylicia.

I've always thought it was late morning and that MJ posted on PB's FB page.

Also, MJ stated early on via the Pray for Phylica FB page that he saw her coming out of the bathroom in a towel. He removed the post not too long after.

Does the neighbor know what time he left the day of PB's disappearance? Morning is a pretty wide gap.

So frustrating to have so many questions based on the reporting. It's good, but still so many questions.... :pullhair:

bbm

IIRC (it's been a long time since I've looked at the texts/calls of that day as reported by DB and KB), didn't they talk to her in the earlier part of the morning but then texted - until she didn't respond and that's when KB tried calling her b/c she couldn't reach her? At some point, didn't KB contact DB who said that PB texted that she was sleeping or something, so not to worry or stop by? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm with you: I thought the last time someone spoke to her was early- to mid-morning.

IIRC Deena was on the phone with her until sometime late morning. I'm almost positive that MJ posted on the Prayer FB page for Phylicia that he returned to the apartment at 10:00-10:30 after dropping off little brother.

I do remember he said he did laundry, so he had to have been there long enough to do one load of laundry.

I think it was MJ texting from Phylicia's phone and posting on her FB page while his phone was off. I think he was trying to skew the timeline by posing as PB to DB and KB via text and FB after he raped and choked her. I hate typing that and it brings me to tears thinking about the final minutes of her life. I hope the thought of what her sister endured plays over and over in Deena's head for the rest of her life. She was responsible for Phylicia's well being and failed her in the worst way possible.

Late Breaking: In a foreseeable move, Circuit Court Judge Alfred Nance dismissed the jury for today and went in to an extended dialogue regarding the state's case against Michael Johnson. His comments literally had spectators on the edge of their seats as it appeared he was about to throughout all charges against Michael Johnson. Though Nance did not dismiss the case, it was clear he wasn't impress with what the prosecution had presented. His remarks came as the defense motioned for a dismissal. The trial continues Monday.

I have to say that I agree with the Judge; I do not think the prosecutions case is as strong as it needs to be. Hopefully, the jury will still convict MJ but, I must admit, I have some doubts that they will.

Well I'm glad they only charged him with murder, because if he is acquitted, as soon as he goes back downstairs to the lock up. They need to hook him up and transport him to BCCB (Batltimore City Central Booking) and Book him on the child endangerment, sexual assault (exposing himself to a minor child), and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Those charges alone can get him over 20 years.

Well I'm glad they only charged him with murder, because if he is acquitted, as soon as he goes back downstairs to the lock up. They need to hook him up and transport him to BCCB (Batltimore City Central Booking) and Book him on the child endangerment, sexual assault (exposing himself to a minor child), and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Those charges alone can get him over 20 years.

Really? Because the age of consent in MD is 16. I'm really not sure what, if any, charges could be brought against MJ if he is acquitted. And the thought of that makes me want to :puke:

:cry: :sigh: :(

I am really nervous about this trial's possible outcome and I started reading the most recent TPC article and Howard County was mentioned referencing the park. Then I remembered a homicide commander for BCPD working on Phylicia's case abandoning his unmarked police car in Howard County and it was close to I95 (which can take you to the area where Phylicia was found if taken north). It just struck me and I know it links two locations noted in this case. I believe this happened March 2011 and I never heard of the outcome of the officers investigation. I really am struggling with the fact that I think that there was more police involvement than should have been and some may have been inappropriate JMO. I feel like there is a single piece of strong evidence that will prove guilt but it hasn't been found yet and yet it's almost too obvious. Maybe I'm just anxious and I want answers. Spent a lot of time searching and driving around the area she went missing and looking through parks and getting sick with fear when I found bones and researching.....ugh! Sorry about the rant bc I know that you all probably feel the same way. Back to my point- does anyone have any input, an opinion, or knowledge about the commander?

Another note- I hope the comments made by the Judge today (what ever they may have been) regarding him not being impressed with the prosecution doesn't sway the jury ��

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back