MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will take a guess as to why the families are on each other's Facebook pages. DB and MJ had been together for 10 years. He attended their family events and she attended his. They probably had events with both families together. Some of them probably didn't think of deleting the other ones' family members from their pages. Just my guess or they may be checking out what each other are saying about their family members!!

Jurors got to hear Michael Maurice Johnson's account Tuesday of the last time he saw Phylicia Barnes alive, as prosecutors played audio tape of a police interview with the man now charged with killing the 16-year-old.

In the Dec. 31, 2010, interview, recorded three days after Phylicia disappeared, Johnson, 28, laid out a sequence of events that matches up with the testimony of others who described interacting with him that day.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...barnes-trial-day-six-20130129,0,2322384.story

Eye catching events -- MJ claimed that he had everything together when PB was supposedly asleep around 1:30pm. MJ claimed he came back to the apartment around 5pm and saw his little brother DD and no PB; assuming she had gotten up and gone out. He said he continued to gather his things.

I thought he had everything at 1:30pm. Why did he come back at 5pm? To cover his tracks by making sure he didn't leave any visible evidence that would point to him?

Ms RM was once married to GJ Sr. Maryland Case Search Case #24D93014031 - Divorce Absolute on 1/14/93. Is she MJ's mother? Address is Stafford Road.

I believe RM might be the mom of one of MJ's brothers or so called brother/cousin (DC). There was a custody case listed in the Maryland case search in reference to this child. Not sure if she is MJ's mom too.

I read in one article that surveillance cameras caught MJ purchasing a tote at Walmart. He probably wanted to make it appear as if it was the same tote but picked up the wrong size. That's probably why DB was confused when he showed her the tote in his car trunk. The closest Walmarts in 2010 were on Route 40 by Rolling Road and the one in Owings Mills on Reisterstown Road. Lil GJ referred to the one on Route 40 in his tweets on December 28, 2010, mentioning he was standing in line. It was around 12 noon or 12:30pm.

Thank you, Sun48shine. That makes sense regarding Deena being confused. In the middle of the chaos shortly after discovering Phylicia was missing, I can see the two being confusing. I'm sure she didn't put two and two together until later.

As for the tweet while at Walmart, wow! I'm putting that right next to the post among their friends saying something like, It's at the dam, don't pull the lever, before Phylicia's body was found.

FWIW, I don't think there was any cover up by RB's brother in LE. It wouldn't make sense because doing so would help acquit MJ. I understand the frustration regarding DB not being charged with anything, believe me I do. However, I think Baltimore LE had to weigh their options, charge MJ with murder with the cooperation of DB as a witness, or charge DB with something lesser and no one charged for the murder. I don't believe both was an option with the info/evidence LE has.

Hello.

Ive been a member for a while and never posted anything but I have been following this case from the beginning. I saw this on Twitter and I thought it was interesting and applied to the posts regarding family members and the BCPD.

JoyLepolaStewart ‏@jlepolastewart
Interesting note... Michael Johnson has family ties to Baltimore PD. State subpoenaed department file of the officer. Appears to be aunt
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

I am SO glad to see you all posting, and welcome to bzwife823 and betterbe. There is just so much intertwining of family members in this case, it is hard to get a grip on who's who!

Sun48shine, you are a wealth of info. I just have always hated initials. With a passion.

Yesterday, Fox47* reported that Michaels brothers Glenton (I thought he was Glen) Allen (the older Glen-brother) and another unnamed brother, and lived-in-apt cousin Kevin Johnson testified. Named in MSM. But which other brother, Boots? Ah well.

What was my point anyways---
About Michael's car--- Kevin worked for a car rental company and Michael rented a car. Why? Was his in the shop or was it just to move her body, I wonder.

Btw, it is kind of sad to see 300+ on the Arias trial here and about 4-6 on Phylicias. Sigh.

And, I have added pics of the people involved as they have been called as witnesses.

*Link: http://foxbaltimore.com/news/featur...n-accused-killing-phylicia-barnes-17631.shtml

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Where has it been stated that MJ rented a car the day of Phylicia's disappearance? I'd like to read up more about that before commenting further on his renting a car.

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom for Phylicia's trial betterbe and bzwife823!

:welcome:

Another thought on the prospect of B'mor LE being involved in some kind of cover up. How is that even possible when the state police took over the investigation once Phylicia's body was found?

Not seeing it.

Days after Phylicia went missing, Baltimore homicide detectives began investigating the case. But when her body was found four months later in the Susquehanna River in Harford, a city detective testified today, Maryland state troopers took control and city police effectively stopped investigating.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...cia-barnes-trial-20130122,0,5104131.htmlstory

Their first witness Wednesday was Dr. Pamela Southall, a medical examiner who handled the body. <snip>

She testified the body was moderately decomposed, and in her opinion, Barnes’ died of asphyxia–she was prevented from getting any oxygen. She said it was unclear if it was strangulation or smothering, but there were no obvious signs of injury.

She said the findings were consistent that the body was submerged in the river in a container.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/judge-issues-warning-to-phylicia-barnes-father-stepfather/

Wow, that's a big one. The pieces are starting to fall together.

Dear Lord please bring Phylicia the justice she deserves. :please:

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Where has it been stated that MJ rented a car the day of Phylicia's disappearance? I'd like to read up more about that before commenting further on his renting a car.

Fox47 Baltimore. Watch the video in my link on post #124. It is also in print:

Kevin Johnson, Michael Johnson's cousin, lived in the apartment that Barnes disappeared from. Kevin works for a rental car company and in records subpoenaed by the State, Michael Johnson rented a car prior to and following Barnes' disappearance.

Here is a link from our local Fox 45 News station in Baltimore

Trial Continues for Man Accused of Killing Phylicia Barnes

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/vid_17631.shtml

This article indicates that KJ, MJ's cousin works for a rental car company and in records subpoenaed by the State, MJ rented a car prior to and following Barnes' disappearance.

Fox47 Baltimore. Watch the video in my link on post #124. It is also in print:

Kevin Johnson, Michael Johnson's cousin, lived in the apartment that Barnes disappeared from. Kevin works for a rental car company and in records subpoenaed by the State, Michael Johnson rented a car prior to and following Barnes' disappearance.

Thanks. I completely missed the link. :blushing:

They reported prior to and following..... I guess the question then becomes was MJ driving a rental car the day of Phylicia's disappearance?

Also from that same Fox news link:

When Michael Johnson's older brother, Glenton Allen, took the stand he was questioned about internet searches he did on cell phone tracking and GPS the day after Barnes went missing.

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/featur...n-accused-killing-phylicia-barnes-17631.shtml

This is really starting to come together. Interesting what the Johnson brothers were doing before LE even considered foul play in Phylicia's case.

What do they say, loose lips sink ships? Sure sounds like the entire Johnson gang knew what was going on.

Praying the evidence continues getting stronger and stronger. :please:

So there you go. No evidence found in his car.

Now... who helped him out?... that is who I think was covered for by the various family connections.

My own speculation is that Michael had some help. A dog hit on the well shed near older brother Glen's home for a dead body. Way too much of a coincidence to have a dead body and then no dead body.

Michael's phone pinged 12/28/10 at Patapsco. Opposite direction from Conowingo (well, upstream).
Guessing that he took the container to that shed and went to Patapsco, ran some errands, let his cellphone on a cya trip around town since he called off work.

At some point, he or they got her to the Susquehanna.

Defense attorney Russell Neverdon pushed back, asking Southall why she ruled it a homicide when the lack of evidence opened up other possibilities, such as Phylicia drowning due to her own actions. “Is it possible to suppose she was alive at the time her body came into contact with the water?” Neverdon asked.

“I can’t rule that out,” Southall said.

She noted that 13 people in the state medical examiner’s office, including chief medical examiner David Fowler, agreed on her findings.

Assistant State’s Attorney Tonya LaPolla also put forward a theory that Phylicia was put into the water inside a plastic container, allowing the body to be preserved for a time. Phylicia’s body was only moderately decomposed despite her having been dead for three to four months, in the estimation of a forensic anthropologist who testified later. Southall testified that that was possible, saying that she would have expected more damage to the body had it been loose in the water for so long.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...cia-barnes-trial-20130122,0,5104131.htmlstory

And I'll bet the energy from the dam kept the container under water for a period of time until possibly the natural process of decomp caused the lid to break open.

Very early on in the disappearance, Phylicia was said to have been taken to a shelter by a police officer.

While other cops were busy looking through that story, and other cops were looking through the Reiserstown area, MJ and crew knew not to take cellphones north.

So there you go. No evidence found in his car.

Now... who helped him out?... that is who I think was covered for by the various family connections.

My own speculation is that Michael had some help. A dog hit on the well shed near older brother Glen's home for a dead body. Way too much of a coincidence to have a dead body and then no dead body.

Michael's phone pinged 12/28/10 at Patapsco. Opposite direction from Conowingo (well, upstream).
Guessing that he took the container to that shed and went to Patapsco, ran some errands, let his cellphone on a cya trip around town since he called off work.

At some point, he or they got her to the Susquehanna.

that makes me think back to the rental car situation. Is it possible the brother who worked their hid the evidence of a car being rented or allowed the car out without any documentation?

If they took the body in a rental car that was not shown to have been rented out, that could explain not finding any evidence in his car. Or he could have had it detailed before it was forensically tested.

Was he driving his car or a rental car when he picked up his little brother in the am?

What vehicle was he using to move his belongings?

:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back