MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do I understand the jury can consider second degree murder?
And why did that option come up last minute? Should he be found guilty of second degree murder would adding that option last minute be grounds for appeal?

I haven't followed too many trials and just started following fairly recently.
I have to say this is the strangest murder trial I have followed.

Is James Lee and James McCray the same person??

Brian Kuebler ‏@TVTerp
clear #Phyliciabarnes trial comes down to whether or not jury believes testimony of criminal James Lee who said he saw her body, helped MJ
10m Justin Fenton ‏@justin_fenton
@TVTerp ...which is particularly interesting since he came forward AFTER the indictment
6m Brian Kuebler ‏@TVTerp
@justin_fenton yes. That was made abundantly clear by the state in rebuttal. #Phyliciabarnes

Brian Kuebler ‏@TVTerp
#Phyliciabarnes family very confident in state's case against Johnson as they gather in hallway waiting on verdict. Report @ABC2NEWS 5pm

As strange as it sounds, I have a little more faith in the jurors because they turned down going to the Ravens parade.....

Unfortunately, work responsibilities are taking up a lot of my time these days. But for that, I would do a little research on the prosecutors handling this case. Does anyone know their litigation track record, or whether they have handled high-profile cases before? From what I've read in the media, and here on WS, MJ's defense attorneys appear to be pretty good. Hopefully, the prosecutors are at least as good, if not better. It would help to put my mind more at ease about this case.

JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA!

Unfortunately, work responsibilities are taking up a lot of my time these days. But for that, I would do a little research on the prosecutors handling this case. Does anyone know their litigation track record, or whether they have handled high-profile cases before? From what I've read in the media, and here on WS, MJ's defense attorneys appear to be pretty good. Hopefully, the prosecutors are at least as good, if not better. It would help to put my mind more at ease about this case.

JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA!

Funny you would ask that Justice! Baltimore state attorney Lisa Goldberg has a horrible track record prosecuting high profile cases, and I believe that's why Judge Nance berated the state for their case. Lisa Goldberg lost the Stennet Case where even the defense attorney admitted his client was at least guilty of manslaughter, and in 2010 Goldberg lost a case where a cop shot somebody in the back. I reported this back in June of 2012. I have been worried about this prosecutors record from the start. Read my article here: http://thepeopleschampion.me/a-horr...or-could-spell-acquittal-for-michael-johnson/

Baltimore prosecutors suck. I used to think that maybe the problem was Jessamy and had high hopes for Bernstein but, nope, they still suck.

If they win this case, I will edit to kind of suck.

Funny you would ask that Justice! Baltimore state attorney Lisa Goldberg has a horrible track record prosecuting high profile cases, and I believe that's why Judge Nance berated the state for their case. Lisa Goldberg lost the Stennet Case where even the defense attorney admitted his client was at least guilty of manslaughter, and in 2010 Goldberg lost a case where a cop shot somebody in the back. I reported this back in June of 2012. I have been worried about this prosecutors record from the start. Read my article here: http://thepeopleschampion.me/a-horr...or-could-spell-acquittal-for-michael-johnson/

Thanks for the post, Champ. Groan. Quoting from your blog post,

"For some reason State’s Attorney Gregg Bernstein has entrusted this case to one of his least effective trial attorneys, one who has long lacked a reputation for hard work."

BBM

This is exactly what I was concerned about. I had a feeling that Baltimore City may have rushed to prosecute the case in order to show that they were doing SOMETHING, instead of taking the time to gather the evidence needed to meet the legal standard of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Bernstein probably dropped Johnson's case file on the first available prosecutor's desk instead of ensuring the case was assigned to a more competent prosecutor.

And as you alluded to in your blog post, the alleged police misconduct isn't helping either. :no:

JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA!

It was nearly two years ago when I first learned about the disappearance of honors student Phylicia Simone Barnes, and a short time later I met her parents Janice and Raheem Mustafa. The promising child's parents have spoken with me on countless occasions revealing sensitive and personal family matters about their daughter's murder, because of a lack of trust they held from mainstream media's ability to accurately express their concerns and perspectives related to this senseless murder case. I promised the Mustafas that I would make certain that people never forget their precious daughter. I believe I have kept that promise, and I ask that everyone who has followed Phylicia's story say a prayer for her parents and surviving siblings tonight, as a Baltimore jury begins deliberations in the murder trial of the man accused of her killing. We have waited so long for this day which seemed as it would never come. I only pray that God has led my hands reporting her story, while helping to raise the consciousness of the public regarding missing children all over the world. God speed! Latest article: http://thepeopleschampion.me/the-ph...e-now-in-the-hands-of-the-people-of-maryland/

It was nearly two years ago when I first learned about the disappearance of honors student Phylicia Simone Barnes, and a short time later I met her parents Janice and Raheem Mustafa. The promising child's parents have spoken with me on countless occasions revealing sensitive and personal family matters about their daughter's murder, because of a lack of trust they held from mainstream media's ability to accurately express their concerns and perspectives related to this senseless murder case. I promised the Mustafas that I would make certain that people never forget their precious daughter. I believe I have kept that promise, and I ask that everyone who has followed Phylicia's story say a prayer for her parents and surviving siblings tonight, as a Baltimore jury begins deliberations in the murder trial of the man accused of her killing. We have waited so long for this day which seemed as it would never come. I only pray that God has led my hands reporting her story, while helping to raise the consciousness of the public regarding missing children all over the world. God speed! Latest article: http://thepeopleschampion.me/the-ph...e-now-in-the-hands-of-the-people-of-maryland/

When The Peoples Champion website first opens, I immediately hit print to print out the pages. It works for me that way. The information displayed on the screen still fades away.

:praying: and :waiting:

Praying the jury does the right thing by Phylicia.

When The Peoples Champion website first opens, I immediately hit print to print out the pages. It works for me that way. The information displayed on the screen still fades away.

I have never had a problem reading there.

I was using IE, with the problems again and again. Then I tried Firefox, I can read there now.

Try that.

TPC, I added your article to the case archive, thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back