MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, do we all agree that the missing tote is not only suspicious but an important aspect of the case? Keep in mind the sole reason judge Nance wouldn't allow the prosecution to do the demonstration of how someone Phylicia's size could fit in the tote, is because the tote was not found!!!

So, do we all agree that the missing tote is not only suspicious but an important aspect of the case? Keep in mind the sole reason judge Nance wouldn't allow the prosecution to do the demonstration of how someone Phylicia's size could fit in the tote, is because the tote was not found!!!

I agree wholeheartedly!!

11:15am Feb 6, 2013 -- @jemiller11 - Judge handling the Phylicia Barnes murder case calling everyone back to courtroom in ten minutes. Could there be a verdict?

11:18am -- @TVTerp -- Attorneys goin into courtroom. Sign posted on door saying court session in 10 minutes. Has #Phyliciabarnes jury reached verdict? Stand by.

Hallelujah!! I was so emotionally invested in this case, this does my heart good.

I am sooooooooooo happy there is justice in Phylicia's murder!!!! I would rather have seen 1st degree, but I'll accept the 2nd and hope that he will be jailed at least until the sundown days of his life! His youth and prime will be spent incarcerated and the ability to date, marry, have children, flourish in this society will not be anytime in the foreseeable future. Here's your rock, Mr. Johnson, now crawl under it like the bug that you are!!!

Amen for justice on this side of heaven for Phylicia!! Though I still feel that criminal charges should be sought against db, we all know that true and full justice will be served in the hereafter.

May Phylicia rest in eternal peace. She didn't deserve that horror.

micheal johnson has deservedly been convicted.

May the Sallis-Mustafa family find peace and comfort.

@TVTerp -- #Phyliciabarnes family very happy. Defense says it was that testimony of James McCray that sealed it. Will file motion for new trial.

Great news to come home to!!

I wonder if the judge will grant a new trial? He seemed to think the State didn't really have a case.

I'm so happy to log in and see GUILTY!

I'm still catching up. When is the sentencing and what kind of time are we looking at for 2nd degree murder here?

I wish the state had a better case for 1st. It takes a few minutes to kill someone by choking them. Those minutes, imo, constitute premeditation.

Even though this verdict won't bring Phylicia back, I hope the Sallis-Mustafa family finds some peace. I am still hoping Mrs. Sallis-Mustafa decides to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against Deena. :please:

@TVTerp -- #Phyliciabarnes family very happy. Defense says it was that testimony of James McCray that sealed it. Will file motion for new trial.

Seriously? How does the defense know that? :waitasec:

I am so happy that there was a conviction. I haven't been able to follow closely but I think they have the right guy.

Probably because Michael told them who all knew what happened, and McCray was on their radar for quite some time.

I want to see Deena get arrested.

Cubby, sorry I am a bit behind on the actual evidence. Do you think Deena knew? I am conflicted...what sister could do that....
Curious as to what I missed (and I am sure it was a lot)

Cubby, sorry I am a bit behind on the actual evidence. Do you think Deena knew? I am conflicted...what sister could do that....
Curious as to what I missed (and I am sure it was a lot)

abstr, feel free to ask any questions you want to here... between all of us here, we know the answer. Whether we can post it... well that is another matter.

You can find anything you want to in the Case Archive, it has everything reported since Phylicia was murdered.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Phylicia Barnes -MD-/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back