MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, prosecution couldn't figure out how to edit a taped convo?

Seriously, 2 mistrials. What a joke.

Tomorrow there is a hearing to figure out dates for a 3rd trial.

So, prosecution couldn't figure out how to edit a taped convo?

Seriously, 2 mistrials. What a joke.

Tomorrow there is a hearing to figure out dates for a 3rd trial.

So freaking frustrating to hear this. :furious:

It states 5 jurors would have voted non guilty due to the states weak case. So defense should be mad right now.

From Facebook:

New Court Date --
Court Date:03/09/2015
Court Time:09:30
Room:400
Court Location:COURTHOUSE WEST, LEXINGTON & ST. PAUL, BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Reason:JURY TRIAL

Heartbreaking news. The murder charges against Michael Johnson has been thrown out. He has been set free. Judge cites lack of evidence. Basically blames the prosecutors.

774b6cc47f663804eb8749a352281564.jpg

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-johnson-charges-dropped-20150120-story.html

Rest In Peace Phylicia Simone Barnes. Full justice will be served in a higher court. My prayers are with her mother. So sad. Hopefully a guilty conscious will prove too much for those responsible and the truth comes out one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my...looks like he may walk away from this murder.

That is absolutely pathetic! Phylicia deserved so much better, how heartbreaking.

Not how I wanted this to end :( we know what happened, Phylicia. We know who is responsible.

I saw the headline pop up on my little info feed on the side of my FB tonight. And I cried.

Phylicia :rose:

Prayers to Phylicia's mom, Janice. I can't imagine her hurt tonight.

This sounds pretty strong:

We respectfully disagree with the court's decision today based on the fact that the defense waived their right to a ruling on a motion for judgment of acquittal. According to State v. Sirbaugh, 27 Md. App. 290, 294, 339 A.2d 697, 699 (1975), the court had no jurisdiction to grant the acquittal and we will be seeking an appeal on those grounds."

When Michael Johnson walked out of the Baltimore Central Booking Intake Center (BCBIC) last night after Circuit Court judge Anthony Howard dropped all criminal charges against him related to the killing of young Phylicia Simone Barnes, after citing insufficient evidence, many within the public were not only outraged and shocked, but believed that another blow to justice had occurred. Some believe that the life of black woman, black children, and people of color as a whole has no significant value within the United States, and is eluded by the criminal justice system. However, I believe that the dynamics related to Johnson's case are more in depth than what appears on surface. The state prosecutors office failed to prosecute Michael Johnson properly for some unknown reason. I spell out why I believe Johnson may have walked in this article.

The Killing Of Phylicia Barnes Is Officially An Unsolved Murder Mystery: Did Michael Johnson Get Away With Murder?

I remember when Phylicia went missing and her flier was circulating on tumblr.

I didn't know she had been found deceased. Too sad.

I knew he was gonna walk shortly after the judge declared the mistrial. I just didn't want to post it.......... Looks like 'Thugs rule, justice drools' in BM. Sad to have to wonder who MJ's next victim will be.... and to know, at sometime in the future another senseless crime will be commited. All thanks to the code of silence and the crappy justice system in MC MD.

Everyone involved in that circle who lived or got wasted at that apartment are ALL responsible in some way. If PB's half sisters hadn't provided one of the worst cases of child neglect I have ever seen, none of this would have happened. Phylicia's blood is on Deena and Kelly's hands. The kind of sisters anyone would want, not!

:furious:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper